[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
bhoopalan

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.1.0

Post by bhoopalan »

No access to this mod in ACP :O

And also myself being the owner seems not authorised to visit the arcade

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

bhoopalan wrote:No access to this mod in ACP :O

And also myself being the owner seems not authorised to visit the arcade
You have to set the permission to view the arcade not matter what. Its explained in the userguide in the first post.

If you are the founder you should be able to view the ACP modules with out setting the admin permissons. You could also check the admin permissions but it shouldn't matter. Are you sure you completely removed the other mod?

Tui76

Post by Tui76 »

JRSweets wrote:
Tui76 wrote:hi
ive tried to install this mod
But i am gettin "tried to redirect to potential insecure url " when post or edit posts
It only started when i mod the function.php section

Did remove it and reinstall again but still happening
any help would be very much welcomed
So when you remove the edits to functions.php the message goes away?

yes when its removed the forums r fine
it so strange on me friend forum its working fine but mine im gettin that url thing

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

Tui76 wrote:
JRSweets wrote:
Tui76 wrote:hi
ive tried to install this mod
But i am gettin "tried to redirect to potential insecure url " when post or edit posts
It only started when i mod the function.php section

Did remove it and reinstall again but still happening
any help would be very much welcomed
So when you remove the edits to functions.php the message goes away?

yes when its removed the forums r fine
it so strange on me friend forum its working fine but mine im gettin that url thing
Are you sure you made no mistakes editing the file? The edits to functions.php only allow you to add the arcade link to the header of the forum. Have you done any other mods the edit that file? Does it only happen with this mod?

Try redoing the edit very carefully. If it still happens post the entire contents of you functions.php file here inside the [ code = php ] [/ code] bbcode.

Tui76

Post by Tui76 »

ts all mods that require the functions to be edited

shall try again and let ya know

fimo

Post by fimo »

Hello,

Iam a newbee regaring phpbb3, but i tried to install this mod, but keep getting this error and dont know what
to do, can anyone help me ? :|

Warning: main(): Unable to access ./../config.php in /hsphere/local/home/root/arcade_install/install.php on line 23 Warning: main(./../config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/root/arcade_install/install.php on line 23 Warning: main(): Unable to access ./../config.php in /hsphere/local/home/root/arcade_install/install.php on line 23 Warning: main(./../config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/root/arcade_install/install.php on line 23 Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './../config.php' (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php4ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/root/arcade_install/install.php on line 23

First i uploaded the folder "root" via FTP incl the install folder, then i edited the files mentioned in the "install.xml" and changed the permission to 755 and ran http://www.dk/root/arcade_install/install.php

Tui76

Post by Tui76 »

removed post , have spoke to me friend who sent me his seems to be working at moment
might be an error in me function.php
Last edited by Tui76 on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Tui76, your courtesy would be appreciated in wrapping your file contents in code or quote tags so that others do not have to scroll down past a wade of code in your last post in order to continue reading the thread.

Tui76

Post by Tui76 »

soz didnt look at the post ave removed

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

great mod especialy with the compatibility of multiple moded games ipb amod etc.
one suguestion whenever if not already in the works "mass edit games" via acp for lets say game size.
something like this

phpBB Arcade
Settings
Manage arcade
Unpack games
Add games
Edit games
Mass edit games = (edit all games to have same property as you decide) IE width = 550 height = 400
Edit scores
Create game install file
Convert IPB game install file
View errors

Installation was a breeze.
Permission handling was a breeze.
Every Aspect of the mod is fabulous especialy small perks like champions comments on the game you are playing
and the fact that you can parse bbcode etc in comments. Kudos man Kudos.
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

fimo wrote:Hello,

Iam a newbee regaring phpbb3, but i tried to install this mod, but keep getting this error and dont know what
to do, can anyone help me ? :|

Warning: main(): Unable to access ./../config.php in /hsphere/local/home/root/arcade_install/install.php on line 23 Warning: main(./../config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/root/arcade_install/install.php on line 23 Warning: main(): Unable to access ./../config.php in /hsphere/local/home/root/arcade_install/install.php on line 23 Warning: main(./../config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/root/arcade_install/install.php on line 23 Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './../config.php' (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php4ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/root/arcade_install/install.php on line 23

First i uploaded the folder "root" via FTP incl the install folder, then i edited the files mentioned in the "install.xml" and changed the permission to 755 and ran http://www.dk/root/arcade_install/install.php
Delete the root folder from you site. It appears you uploaded it a bit wrong. You are suppose to unpload the files in the root folder. Instead of uploading the actual folder, just upload the files inside to the forum root.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

ThunderCrew wrote:great mod especialy with the compatibility of multiple moded games ipb amod etc.
one suguestion whenever if not already in the works "mass edit games" via acp for lets say game size.
something like this

phpBB Arcade
Settings
Manage arcade
Unpack games
Add games
Edit games
Mass edit games = (edit all games to have same property as you decide) IE width = 550 height = 400
Edit scores
Create game install file
Convert IPB game install file
View errors

Installation was a breeze.
Permission handling was a breeze.
Every Aspect of the mod is fabulous especialy small perks like champions comments on the game you are playing
and the fact that you can parse bbcode etc in comments. Kudos man Kudos.
I am glad you like it. :D

Why would you want to mass edit games? Would you really want to change every game to have the same settings for width and height? I am just a little confused, what would be the benefit of this. Could you please explain it a little more to me...

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

I guess technicaly you dont really need it that badly, but When I needed to edit games width and height
felt it would be much easier to have a mass edit for that value. After a thought I guess just pre-installation
could change the proper coding of the default size to force all games to have the value I wanted.

Had a new idea though.

Permissions on a catagory basis. IE guest could play the sample games under a "Guest Arcade" with no submit feature. But all other catagories would be available upon registration. Say give them 3-5 games to tease them into registration, if they were iffi about joining. Sound pheasable?

And again thanx to you and all other modders out there. Learning from this site and other mods will hopefuly put me in a higher class of coder then I am atm and be able to contribute more then post , ideas, and comments in the future.
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

Blanky

Post by Blanky »

Hey.. I installed it smoothly without any problems, but now, I don't get any options other than settings..

And.. In the add/edit module it says they are all enabled =/

Last edited by Blanky on Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Blanky wrote:Hey.. I installed it smoothly without any problems, but now, I don't get any options other than settings..

This means that you don't have your modules setup properly - you need to set an 'Arcade' parent category, with children mini-categories inside such as Settings, Games, Utilities etc, and then the actual arcade modules in those depending on what mini-category they belong under.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”