[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Lawofthesnake

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.4.0

Post by Lawofthesnake » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:27 pm

NiceM wrote:
Lawofthesnake wrote:If one goes to the arcade page it gives this message:

You do not have the permission to view the arcade. If you believe this is an error please contact the board administrator.

the install thing is now working.
Look some posts back and you will find the answer. :)
thanks, might be a good idea to stick this on the first post ;)

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:57 pm

Lawofthesnake wrote:
NiceM wrote:
Lawofthesnake wrote:If one goes to the arcade page it gives this message:

You do not have the permission to view the arcade. If you believe this is an error please contact the board administrator.

the install thing is now working.
Look some posts back and you will find the answer. :)
thanks, might be a good idea to stick this on the first post ;)
Its fully explained in the userguide/faq which is linked to in the first post. ;)

oglach

Post by oglach » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:09 pm

any1 able to help on a differnt template based on subsilver 2! Ive everything done except the edits on
overall header.
memberlist, and
viewtopic body!

tried but messed forum, just gota get them done

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:49 pm

oglach wrote:any1 able to help on a differnt template based on subsilver 2! Ive everything done except the edits on
overall header.
memberlist, and
viewtopic body!

tried but messed forum, just gota get them done
Post the name of the style. Maybe somebody else is using the same one and could help.

oglach

Post by oglach » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:20 pm

Cheers man, naushadhassam has helped me out!

Origin30

Post by Origin30 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:59 pm

JR,

Is there score maximum characters?

I ask because a score of 13458167540, threw this error on submit

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Out of range value adjusted for column 'score' at row 1 [1264]
An SQL error occured while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists
Edit: Sorry just seen already been posted? Is that phpmyadmin fix still valid?

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:46 am

Origin30 wrote:JR,

Is there score maximum characters?

I ask because a score of 13458167540, threw this error on submit

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Out of range value adjusted for column 'score' at row 1 [1264]
An SQL error occured while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists
Edit: Sorry just seen already been posted? Is that phpmyadmin fix still valid?
What version are you using? The latest available version has 25 total digits (25,3 so basically 22 digits before decimal and 3 after). Either way the phpmyadmin fix is still valid. Be careful though and back up the four tables first. If you by accident lower it from whatever value you have it at now you could mess up the saved scores.

You would have to change the following fields in the following tables:

//Change from version 0.3.2 to 0.4.0
    '0.4.0'    => array(
        'change_columns'        => array(
            $table_prefix . 'arcade_games'    => array(
                'game_highscore'    => array('PDECIMAL:25', 0.00),
            ),
            $table_prefix . 'arcade_categories'    => array(
                'cat_last_play_score'    => array('PDECIMAL:25', 0.00),
            ),    
            $table_prefix . 'arcade_scores'    => array(
                'score'    => array('PDECIMAL:25', 0.00),
            ),    
            $table_prefix . 'arcade_errors'    => array(
                'score'    => array('PDECIMAL:25', 0.00),
            ),            
        ),
    ), 
Last edited by JRSweets on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Origin30

Post by Origin30 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:49 am

Sorry for the waste of time JR.

I had totally forgot the forum in question was still running 0.3.2. Now upgraded and should hopefully be fine.

Many thanks for your reply.

canadianlatitude

Post by canadianlatitude » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:24 am

I apologize I put the wrong link for the games I converted. You can get them Here if you are not registered at my site. I have 20 so far and working on more. :)

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:27 am

Jr is there any way to allow one specific user or website to download games, even if I have marked to not allow game downloads ? If say I want to allow examplename.com to download but block all others is that possible?

Or perhaps just one person permission based ir username permission edits can download yes even if download games is off?
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:54 pm

ThunderCrew wrote:Jr is there any way to allow one specific user or website to download games, even if I have marked to not allow game downloads ? If say I want to allow examplename.com to download but block all others is that possible?

Or perhaps just one person permission based ir username permission edits can download yes even if download games is off?
Even if you enable the download listing in the acp it follows the permissions. So you could take a group and give it download permission, do not let any other group download and you would be all set. The group would have to be logged in and they could use the ACP module.

Jammy Johnny
Name: John

Post by Jammy Johnny » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi, Good looking Arcade mod btw, ;)

However, I am also having problems when trying to upload/unpack games from the ACP
All the folders have the correct permissions set to 755.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_compress.php on line 262: fopen(./../invasion2196.swf): failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_compress.php on line 273: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_compress.php on line 282: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_compress.php on line 262: fopen(./../invasion21961.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_compress.php on line 268: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_compress.php on line 282: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_compress.php on line 262: fopen(./../invasion21962.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_compress.php on line 268: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_compress.php on line 262: fopen(./../invasion2196.game.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_compress.php on line 273: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fhlinux188/f/fish-and-detect.co.uk/user/htdocs/forums/includes/functions.php:2922) in /home/fhlinux188/f/fish-and-detect.co.uk/user/htdocs/forums/adm/index.php on line 149

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fhlinux188/f/fish-and-detect.co.uk/user/htdocs/forums/includes/functions.php:2922) in /home/fhlinux188/f/fish-and-detect.co.uk/user/htdocs/forums/adm/index.php on line 151

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fhlinux188/f/fish-and-detect.co.uk/user/htdocs/forums/includes/functions.php:2922) in /home/fhlinux188/f/fish-and-detect.co.uk/user/htdocs/forums/adm/index.php on line 152

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fhlinux188/f/fish-and-detect.co.uk/user/htdocs/forums/includes/functions.php:2922) in /home/fhlinux188/f/fish-and-detect.co.uk/user/htdocs/forums/adm/index.php on line 153
That is the error that I get, The strange thing is that it says that the game is unpacked, But when I goto ADD GAME, There is nothing there at all.
Probably just a minor bug, But its like looking for a needle in a haystack :) :?

JammY

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:28 pm

Thanx jr.
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

Jammy Johnny
Name: John

Post by Jammy Johnny » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:33 pm

Forget my problem with the arcade, :oops: It works gr8, I was downloading the wrong games from Origons site.
The phpBB released games on his site are working perfectly when I extract the Zips to their own folders in the includes/arcade/games folder.

:? :oops: lol @ myself.

Regards

JammY

Desdenova

Post by Desdenova » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:38 pm

Jammy Johnny wrote:Forget my problem with the arcade, :oops: It works gr8, I was downloading the wrong games from Origons site.
The phpBB released games on his site are working perfectly when I extract the Zips to their own folders in the includes/arcade/games folder.

:? :oops: lol @ myself.

Regards

JammY

Sounds like a problem I was having, I'll go check it out to see if it fixes one problem for me.

By the way, when I used the upload & extract in the ACP, the mod uploaded and extracted it to the phpBB3 root folder.

o_O

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”