[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
mre03

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.4.5

Post by mre03 »

looks like everything installed smoothly, i registered on one of the forums to dl games and i tried to unload/unpack the zip file in acp but it says,
"Could not create directory"

did i forget to do something?
JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

mre03 wrote:looks like everything installed smoothly, i registered on one of the forums to dl games and i tried to unload/unpack the zip file in acp but it says,
"Could not create directory"

did i forget to do something?
If the game was packaged correctly for this arcade, then it is usually a permissions error on the server itself.

You could check the permissions that it states in the install instructions, or unzip the file on you hardrive and place the files in the correct place on the server. Then just add the game in the ACP.
john010117.2

Post by john010117.2 »

I believe there's a bug with the arcade. When I added a game in a category where there were other games then deleted that game, the front page of the arcade says "No games played" for that category.
JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

john010117.2 wrote:I believe there's a bug with the arcade. When I added a game in a category where there were other games then deleted that game, the front page of the arcade says "No games played" for that category.
Its by design and it will be correct again once a new game is played. It is done incase the last game played was the one you deleted. The last game played gets overwritten every time a new game is played, so if the last game played is deleted, I don't go back to figure out what should be displayed there now, I just reset it and wait for the next game to be played.
Daryl Grant

Post by Daryl Grant »

JRSweets

Hi, do you think I will lose any installed games or scores if I upgrade to 0.4.5 from 0.1.0.
ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

StrikeS wrote:Where can I find a great area to download "GOOD" Arcade games for this?

Also - Can anyone find a way to convert this game: http://arcade.itch.com/games/random-defense/

So I can use it in the Arcade?

I'd like to get some TD games in there.
I primarily use the following two sites:

http://thunderncrew.com/home.php
http://igames.origon.dk/index.php

Typically what I can't find on one I can find on the other. You have to join to download, but it's good.
Heather
TexasBartender

Post by TexasBartender »

I am trying to install this on a phpbb hosting site where i offer free forums but i am not able to visit the install ulr i need to add all the sql manually
Cr33per

Post by Cr33per »

Where is the code to remove these links ?? Look
  • I’m feeling lucky
  • My favorites
  • Statistics
  • My statistics
And How do I link the My statistics ? Its seams to just want to show My user stats :cry:
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Cr33per wrote: And How do I link the My statistics ? Its seams to just want to show My user stats :cry:
It shows your user stats because as it says it is "your stats" :?
Arcade stats is found here http://YOUR SITE.com/arcade.php?mode=stats

unless you are asking for something else ? maybe I misunderstood
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Jr could you edit the first post to erase my downloads for now ;)
I am migrating my host panel soon. I am having them upgrade me to php 5.2.0 :D
So those links might appear dead etc for a few days. Also I think I want to put together an actual "unpack" style package for the arcade to sort out some of the issues people were having with the zips I offered.

Ill repost a link to some once sorted out on my new server etc....
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it
ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

ThunderCrew wrote:Jr could you edit the first post to erase my downloads for now ;)
I am migrating my host panel soon. I am having them upgrade me to php 5.2.0 :D
So those links might appear dead etc for a few days. Also I think I want to put together an actual "unpack" style package for the arcade to sort out some of the issues people were having with the zips I offered.

Ill repost a link to some once sorted out on my new server etc....
Well, sure, now you say that - after I referred someone to your site a couple of posts ago! :roll: ;)
Heather
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

installed this mod last night. very easy install :D

but...... i'm only seeing the first 4 ACP modules. they are installed, active, and showing so in the Administration Control Panel. viewing the page source does not show them all :?:

here are the mods on my board

add user
ajax chat (Handyman)
ajax quick edit
always show edit info
Capitalized Custom BBCode
change user post count
instant_post_redirect_1_0_2
ip_in_topic_phpBB3_1.0.2
Join Date Format 1.0.0
NV_recent_topics
NV_who_was_here_6_0_5
phpbb_arcade_0.4.5_03-24-2008_160023
Prime Quick Reply
Prime Trash Bin
top_posters_0_2_0
Uncheck shadow 0.1.0
User Reminder 0.1.1
View banned members 0.1.1

my server info is as follows

phpbb3.0.1
PHP Version 5.2.5
MySQL 5.0.45
server is running Linux

i've checked this in FireFox and Internet Explorer7

this looks to be a great mod, but i can't use it if i can't use all of it's functions :(
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

ham1299 wrote: Well, sure, now you say that - after I referred someone to your site a couple of posts ago! :roll: ;)
LOL sorry :P the site should be ok they say it's gonna be archived for 2 weeks once they start or w/e and while it's archived I can upload all the stuff I downloaded etc. So the site shouldnt be down (cross finger) at all or not long if it is.

But as for those links on the first post here I did that like way back and need to do a better package for the use of the acp unpack games feature.

Once I know Im sorted out 100% Ill do that and get a new link up for him + the site will be online for those wishing to join etc.

BTW thanx for refering :D
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

spaceace wrote:installed this mod last night. very easy install :D

but...... i'm only seeing the first 4 ACP modules. they are installed, active, and showing so in the Administration Control Panel. viewing the page source does not show them all :?:

here are the mods on my board

add user
ajax chat (Handyman)
ajax quick edit
always show edit info
Capitalized Custom BBCode
change user post count
instant_post_redirect_1_0_2
ip_in_topic_phpBB3_1.0.2
Join Date Format 1.0.0
NV_recent_topics
NV_who_was_here_6_0_5
phpbb_arcade_0.4.5_03-24-2008_160023
Prime Quick Reply
Prime Trash Bin
top_posters_0_2_0
Uncheck shadow 0.1.0
User Reminder 0.1.1
View banned members 0.1.1

my server info is as follows

phpbb3.0.1
PHP Version 5.2.5
MySQL 5.0.45
server is running Linux

i've checked this in FireFox and Internet Explorer7

this looks to be a great mod, but i can't use it if i can't use all of it's functions :(

Im not sure |BUT it might be the phpbb3.0.1 ;) I thought Ive seen a few people say they had an issue with the 3.0.1 with this on a few boards...... Im sure jr has sorted and posted the fix or will have it sorted asap ;)
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

ThunderCrew wrote:Im not sure |BUT it might be the phpbb3.0.1 ;) I thought Ive seen a few people say they had an issue with the 3.0.1 with this on a few boards...... Im sure jr has sorted and posted the fix or will have it sorted asap ;)
i read others had this issue as well, but did not see the solution..... but after reading 150+ pages, i could have missed it :roll:

and if i'm not mistaken, this problem happened with phpbb3.0.0 and is still the same with some users. wonder if it's case specific?????

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”