[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
JRSweets

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.5.0

Post by JRSweets »

RickieIzfazt wrote:for 10 minutes upgraded from .4.3 to .4.5 and go right on... there is no instructions for upgrading to 5.0 in contribs for 4.5 exept one change in overall_header. I suppose thats not it. Could you please tell me if I just copy al the files and refreh the cache or is there more work to be done? Thanks agin for your great work.
I don't understand, inside the contrib folder is update045-050.xml and update045-050prosilver.xml.

RickieIzfazt

Post by RickieIzfazt »

JRSweets wrote:
RickieIzfazt wrote:for 10 minutes upgraded from .4.3 to .4.5 and go right on... there is no instructions for upgrading to 5.0 in contribs for 4.5 exept one change in overall_header. I suppose thats not it. Could you please tell me if I just copy al the files and refreh the cache or is there more work to be done? Thanks agin for your great work.
I don't understand, inside the contrib folder is update045-050.xml and update045-050prosilver.xml.
yes but in doent say anything n uploading and installing, I uploaded installed using your installer, and my portal crashes probably bacause some items already declared. It was some modification we discusse dearlier you can view them here

Code: Select all

http://tjoogle.com/portal.php
I managed to 'downgrade' to 4.5 and be up again but I have to get back to 5.0 to show the games again. Could you please advise, do I no longer have to declare the arcade in portal.php?
Running PHPbb3 canverPORTAL, SEO advanced URL MOD, SEO dynamic metatags, BRIDGED Ajax Chat & Coppermine, various small mods, Cutenews, Crawltrack (check http://www.crawltrack.fr if you don't now) SEO & crawler tracking on all scripts. Running phpBB Arcade and posts rating system.

have a look at http://tjoogle.com

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

RickieIzfazt wrote:
JRSweets wrote:
yes but in doent say anything n uploading and installing, I uploaded installed using your installer, and my portal crashes probably bacause some items already declared. It was some modification we discusse dearlier you can view them here

http://tjoogle.com/portal.php
I managed to 'downgrade' to 4.5 and be up again but I have to get back to 5.0 to show the games again. Could you please advise, do I no longer have to declare the arcade in portal.php?
I still don't understand. There are two files. One to update the core files the other to update the prosilver template. The one to update the core files (update045-050.xml) first lists the files to copy, then the edits and then the DIY instructions. Did you open and view update045-050.xml it tells what is to be uploaded and installed.

As for the portal the arcade files are called a little differently now that it has local permissions so the portal blocks would need to be updated.

For example this is what I use to display the newest games on my portal:

function get_newest_games()
    {
        global $phpbb_root_path, $template, $phpEx, $user, $table_prefix, $auth_arcade;

if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_common.' . $phpEx))
        {
            include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_common.' . $phpEx);        
            // Initialize arcade auth
            $auth_arcade->acl($user->data);
            // Initialize arcade class
            $arcade = new arcade(false);

foreach($arcade->newest_games as $newest_games)
            {
                $template->assign_block_vars('newest_games', array(
                    'U_GAME_PLAY'    => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}arcade.$phpEx", 'mode=play&g=' . $newest_games['game_id']),
                    'GAME_IMAGE'    => ($newest_games['game_image'] != '') ? $phpbb_root_path . "arcade.$phpEx?img=" . $newest_games['game_image'] : '',
                    'GAME_NAME'        => $newest_games['game_name'],
                ));
            }

$total_games = sizeof($arcade->games);
            if ($total_games > 1)
            {
                $total_games = sprintf($user->lang['ARCADE_TOTAL_GAMES'], $total_games);
            }
            else if ($total_games == 1)
            {
                $total_games = sprintf($user->lang['ARCADE_TOTAL_GAME'], $total_games);
            }

$template->assign_vars(array(
                'TOTAL_GAMES'            => $total_games,
                'TOTAL_GAMES_PLAYED'    => ($arcade->totals['games_played']) ? sprintf($user->lang['ARCADE_TOTAL_PLAYED'], $arcade->totals['games_played'], $arcade->format_time($arcade->totals['games_time'])) : '',
            ));
        }
    } 

RickieIzfazt

Post by RickieIzfazt »

yes Jeff I did but in my contrib 4.5 to 5.0 is one instruction for overall_header and no other instructions, thats my first question, in the mean time I uploaded and used the arcade install, but the portal does no longer run with the tiny modification we discussed before this new upgrade and it crashes, this is after the upload and installer, so thats the second question, appology for the confusion
if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_class.' . $phpEx))
{
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_class.' . $phpEx);
$arcade = new arcade(false);
display_arcade_online();
}
this is the code in portal.php
Running PHPbb3 canverPORTAL, SEO advanced URL MOD, SEO dynamic metatags, BRIDGED Ajax Chat & Coppermine, various small mods, Cutenews, Crawltrack (check http://www.crawltrack.fr if you don't now) SEO & crawler tracking on all scripts. Running phpBB Arcade and posts rating system.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

RickieIzfazt wrote:yes Jeff I did but in my contrib 4.5 to 5.0 is one instruction for overall_header and no other instructions, thats my first question, in the mean time I uploaded and used the arcade install, but the portal does no longer run with the tiny modification we discussed before this new upgrade and it crashes, this is after the upload and installer, so thats the second question, appology for the confusion
if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_class.' . $phpEx))
{
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_class.' . $phpEx);
display_arcade_online();
}
this is the code in portal.php
You are looking at the wrong file. I just downloaded the arcade package and contrib\update045-050.xml displays all the core edits. You must be looking at contrib\update045-050prosilver.xml

There are two seperate files to follow to update from 045 to 050. You must follow update045-050.xml and then update045-050prosilver.xml. I don't know what else to tell you. The correct files are in the download. If you are only seeing one template change you are looking at the wrong file.

I already answered the portal question. The code has to be updated and I posted a working block a post back. The arcade is called differently now.

joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

Really, really GREAT :D I've set all permissions, that's perfect !

I've made some small corrections for the FRENCH pack. You can download it HERE ;)
I learn English with phpbb.com :)

iBotPeaches

Post by iBotPeaches »

JR, that update rocked.
I admit I was little shaky, when I had no games, but whew it was just permissions. Now heres something to ponder. I have 3 styles.

Glacier Lite
Glacier Premium
Carbon

Glacier Premium was my first and it takes like 20 seconds to load with all its high-def images, no matter anything I click in the arcade. Even if I'm in the Carbon theme, (it has the arcade folder in its templates) it continually reverts back to Premium.

I love all these updates. Holy cow there so good.

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Glad to see the new release out yw for the site space for databse testing ;) dont forget if you ever need it it's yours even without letting me know as long as it's not in my root you can play with all the other areas.

If I didnt mention it before you can even make an entire domain if you want ;) all 16 free domains with my plan also have free lifetime domain name registrations :D

Also thank you for posting this example block

function get_newest_games()
    {
        global $phpbb_root_path, $template, $phpEx, $user, $table_prefix, $auth_arcade;

if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_common.' . $phpEx))
        {
            include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_common.' . $phpEx);        
            // Initialize arcade auth
            // Initialize arcade class

foreach($arcade->newest_games as $newest_games)
            {
                $template->assign_block_vars('newest_games', array(
                    'U_GAME_PLAY'    => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}arcade.$phpEx", 'mode=play&g=' . $newest_games['game_id']),
                    'GAME_IMAGE'    => ($newest_games['game_image'] != '') ? $phpbb_root_path . "arcade.$phpEx?img=" . $newest_games['game_image'] : '',
                    'GAME_NAME'        => $newest_games['game_name'],
                ));
            }

$total_games = sizeof($arcade->games);
            if ($total_games > 1)
            {
                $total_games = sprintf($user->lang['ARCADE_TOTAL_GAMES'], $total_games);
            }
            else if ($total_games == 1)
            {
                $total_games = sprintf($user->lang['ARCADE_TOTAL_GAME'], $total_games);
            }

'TOTAL_GAMES'            => $total_games,
                'TOTAL_GAMES_PLAYED'    => ($arcade->totals['games_played']) ? sprintf($user->lang['ARCADE_TOTAL_PLAYED'], $arcade->totals['games_played'], $arcade->format_time($arcade->totals['games_time'])) : '',
            ));
        }
    } 
Because I am assuming I will have to redo that block addon I posted that you did for me now right ?
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

ThunderCrew wrote:Glad to see the new release out yw for the site space for databse testing ;) dont forget if you ever need it it's yours even without letting me know as long as it's not in my root you can play with all the other areas.

If I didnt mention it before you can even make an entire domain if you want ;) all 16 free domains with my plan also have free lifetime domain name registrations :D

Also thank you for posting this example block

function get_newest_games()
    {
        global $phpbb_root_path, $template, $phpEx, $user, $table_prefix, $auth_arcade;

if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_common.' . $phpEx))
        {
            include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_common.' . $phpEx);        
            // Initialize arcade auth
            // Initialize arcade class

foreach($arcade->newest_games as $newest_games)
            {
                $template->assign_block_vars('newest_games', array(
                    'U_GAME_PLAY'    => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}arcade.$phpEx", 'mode=play&g=' . $newest_games['game_id']),
                    'GAME_IMAGE'    => ($newest_games['game_image'] != '') ? $phpbb_root_path . "arcade.$phpEx?img=" . $newest_games['game_image'] : '',
                    'GAME_NAME'        => $newest_games['game_name'],
                ));
            }

$total_games = sizeof($arcade->games);
            if ($total_games > 1)
            {
                $total_games = sprintf($user->lang['ARCADE_TOTAL_GAMES'], $total_games);
            }
            else if ($total_games == 1)
            {
                $total_games = sprintf($user->lang['ARCADE_TOTAL_GAME'], $total_games);
            }

'TOTAL_GAMES'            => $total_games,
                'TOTAL_GAMES_PLAYED'    => ($arcade->totals['games_played']) ? sprintf($user->lang['ARCADE_TOTAL_PLAYED'], $arcade->totals['games_played'], $arcade->format_time($arcade->totals['games_time'])) : '',
            ));
        }
    } 
Because I am assuming I will have to redo that block addon I posted that you did for me now right ?
Yes the key part is this now...

global $phpbb_root_path, $template, $phpEx, $user, $table_prefix, $auth_arcade;

if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_common.' . $phpEx))
        {
            include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_common.' . $phpEx);        
            // Initialize arcade auth
            // Initialize arcade class
            $arcade = new arcade(false);
            //Other stuff here...
           }

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

iBotPeaches wrote:JR, that update rocked.
I admit I was little shaky, when I had no games, but whew it was just permissions. Now heres something to ponder. I have 3 styles.

Glacier Lite
Glacier Premium
Carbon

Glacier Premium was my first and it takes like 20 seconds to load with all its high-def images, no matter anything I click in the arcade. Even if I'm in the Carbon theme, (it has the arcade folder in its templates) it continually reverts back to Premium.

I love all these updates. Holy cow there so good.
Hmm... Not sure about the styles. The arcade does have the ability to set styles per category so maybe you have that template set per category. Other than that I am not sure.

spaceace

Post by spaceace »

updated to 0.5.0 on my site and everything went perfect :D

set permissions and everything was there. great work JR on your awesome mod :D :D

darkone_d1_2000

Post by darkone_d1_2000 »

Hey JR

I made all the modifications and have a small issue with the displaying of scores. Some of my scores depending on the size of the number have some 1-2 digits taken off the end when displayed. If you use the ACP and go into edit the score of a effected score you can see the correct score. This looks to be just a display issue the DB seems fine.

Was there an edit that I could have missed in the update from 0.4.5-0.5.0?

-D1-

RickieIzfazt

Portal snippets & phpBB Arcade 0.5.0

Post by RickieIzfazt »

As I have just experienced myself, installing Arcade 0.5.0 when you have a portal with snippets or blocks (like the arcade block MOD) or when you are displaying the arcade leaders, the 10 latest games or whos playing info, all this will result in a MAJOR CRASH of your portal when you dont prepare the installation of Arcade 0.5.0. These snipets are all over the world and e.g. part of Board3 portal add-ons on the site in Germany. Many many people work with them. Many of them are not as gifted as some here.

Before installing 0.5.0 (when you run snippets on a portal) you have to remove the arcade include from portal.php and all other php in all blocks involved. So indeed this info will no longer display. For this info to display again you have to use the new include (which is displayed a little before this topic) and find the new html in arcade_jheader.html and lookup the new php in functions_arcade.php and recode the info you removed. I am not in this yet, when I have it I will publish here, when smeone else already has please publish also.

Because I did not know this info in advance my site was down for some time. I hope for others who run snippets on a portal this info will help them to a more easily install for the new update.

Netnov

Post by Netnov »

Hi, i have updatet from 0.4.5 to 0.5.0. Then i set the permissions for my group to "standard".

I can see all categorys and games but when i want to play i have got only the message:

"You have to install Adobe Flash Player in Version 8 or higher!" (in german).

But the same game runs before the update to 0.5.0?

I am installed now Flash Player 9 but it works not. :-(

Anyone an idea?

PS: The Mod is great!

spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Netnov wrote:Hi, i have updatet from 0.4.5 to 0.5.0. Then i set the permissions for my group to "standard".

I can see all categorys and games but when i want to play i have got only the message:

"You have to install Adobe Flash Player in Version 8 or higher!" (in german).

But the same game runs before the update to 0.5.0?

I am installed now Flash Player 9 but it works not. :-(

Anyone an idea?

PS: The Mod is great!
if you missed nothing on the install or uploading of files, you might need to refresh/purge your browser cache as well as your sites cache.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”