[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
lledwardll

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.5.1

Post by lledwardll »

So I trolled the original post for the arcade mod for about an hour before posting this. Please excuse my ignorance if its something super simple that I overlooked. After I installed the MOD and went to run the install and it tosses this error at me:

Code: Select all

Warning: require(./../common.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/unitedw4/public_html/fx2/includes/arcade/install/install.php on line 18

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required './../common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/unitedw4/public_html/fx2/includes/arcade/install/install.php on line 18
I inspected all the directory's that needed to be CHMOD and everything seems correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks guys :)

NiceM

Post by NiceM »

lledwardll wrote:So I trolled the original post for the arcade mod for about an hour before posting this. Please excuse my ignorance if its something super simple that I overlooked. After I installed the MOD and went to run the install and it tosses this error at me:

Warning: require(./../common.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/unitedw4/public_html/fx2/includes/arcade/install/install.php on line 18

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required './../common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/unitedw4/public_html/fx2/includes/arcade/install/install.php on line 18
I inspected all the directory's that needed to be CHMOD and everything seems correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks guys :)
It seem loke you have the install.php at a wrong place, when you uplod the file, you should have arcade_install folder in your forum root.
Download games for phpbb-Arcade at:
origon.dk

naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam »

Hey jr,

i installed ur arcade so many times but no errors.

but i got this one when unpacking games and downloading games from a different website

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 51 bytes) in /home/sites/seofed.com/public_html/forums/nonstopinfo/includes/acp/acp_arcade_utilities.php on line 398

? any help
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

naushadhassam wrote:Hey jr,

i installed ur arcade so many times but no errors.

but i got this one when unpacking games and downloading games from a different website

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 51 bytes) in /home/sites/seofed.com/public_html/forums/nonstopinfo/includes/acp/acp_arcade_utilities.php on line 398

? any help
That usually means the game is too big to unpack because of server settings. I would either increase the memory size that php can use or unpack the games on your pc and upload the folders manually to the server.

easygo

Post by easygo »

Hi JR, hence no errors and so I simply suggest you to shrink all instances of the
following line in arcade_cache.php (and whatnot in arcade_class.php)

from

'WHERE'		=> 'g.game_highuser = u.user_id AND g.game_highuser <> 0',
to

'WHERE'		=> 'g.game_highuser <> 0',
since there's no reason imho to handle things twice using such a where clause in combo with this one

'LEFT_JOIN'	=> array(
					array(
						'FROM'	=> array(USERS_TABLE => 'u'),
						'ON'	=> 'g.game_highuser = u.user_id'
					),
				),
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

easygo wrote:Hi JR, hence no errors and so I simply suggest you to shrink all instances of the
following line in arcade_cache.php (and whatnot in arcade_class.php)

from

'WHERE'		=> 'g.game_highuser = u.user_id AND g.game_highuser <> 0',
to

'WHERE'		=> 'g.game_highuser <> 0',
since there's no reason imho to handle things twice using such a where clause in combo with this one

'LEFT_JOIN'	=> array(
					array(
						'FROM'	=> array(USERS_TABLE => 'u'),
						'ON'	=> 'g.game_highuser = u.user_id'
					),
				),
Nice catch! :)

RickieIzfazt

Post by RickieIzfazt »

solved
Last edited by RickieIzfazt on Sun May 25, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running PHPbb3 canverPORTAL, SEO advanced URL MOD, SEO dynamic metatags, BRIDGED Ajax Chat & Coppermine, various small mods, Cutenews, Crawltrack (check http://www.crawltrack.fr if you don't now) SEO & crawler tracking on all scripts. Running phpBB Arcade and posts rating system.

have a look at http://tjoogle.com

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

JRSweets wrote:I am looking for some help with the userguide. Should I create an acp module to display it? Should I create a pdf and include it in the download? Should it be translated? I was thinking of adding the userguide entries to the language files and then producing an acp module to display them. Any thoughts?

Also, If anyone has any suggestions for items that need to be added to the arcade userguide/faq please post them, or better yet write the question and answer and I will add them to the list. ;)
A nice addition might be a faq style page for users end or a flat out embeded phpbb page for users.
Or just a link to your user manual on your site to ensure more traffic if you wanted :P
Say like if in arcade have a breadcrumb thingie like this Board index ‹ Arcade ‹ Arcade Install

Not really too sure ....
But like the advanced bbcode mod has a help page embeded with it's install and has a little ? icon to click for learning all about it and it's tools etc.
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

expx

Post by expx »

Hi
firstly I want to say nice work on this mod :)

now I have installed it fine and have used the download feature to download some games.. (which are now downloaded to my comp as zips)
so now I want to add these games to the arcade.. and so I tried to go to the 'Upload/unpack games' link.. but then I get this:

Information

Currently there are no games waiting to be unpacked to the arcade.

If you believe this is an error please check to make sure that the compressed file is uploaded to the correct directory.
So how/where am I supposed to upload the games?

thanks

EDIT - nevermind, I just had some permissions set wrong

DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo »

Hi,

I have just recently updated from 0.4.5 upto 0.5.1 and now when I try to view my who is online or delete a user while deleting their posts I get the following error.
Fatal error: Class 'arcade_cache' not found in /home/default/northe00/user/htdocs/includes/arcade/arcade_class.php on line 52
I also get the following error when members try to register a new account.
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Field 'user_arcade_permissions' doesn't have a default value [1364]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please could you help?

easygo

Post by easygo »

DJ Skitzo wrote:Hi,

I have just recently updated from 0.4.5 upto 0.5.1 and now when I try to view my who is online or delete a user while deleting their posts I get the following error.
Fatal error: Class 'arcade_cache' not found in /home/default/northe00/user/htdocs/includes/arcade/arcade_class.php on line 52

Hi DJ,

I would suggest you to have a look at some older posts like this :idea:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p5413155

imho there was a similar case. Hope it helps / easy
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo »

Thanks that helped alot :D

CrossoverX

Post by CrossoverX »

Hi JRSweets,

can you add also "Play in a new window" to the permission list?

Add your board to phpBB-topsites.com

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

CrossoverX wrote:Hi JRSweets,

can you add also "Play in a new window" to the permission list?
Yes I will add it to the next version.

SomePerson2

Post by SomePerson2 »

Hi,

Firstly - great MOD, works wonderfully. However, I've encountered a problem when trying to transfer the arcade data to another site (for testing purposes to ensure that everything could be successfully restored if something were to happen). After making a full backup of my forums and transferring them, the arcade highscores and data still appears correctly on the test site, however, whenever I try to submit a new highscore, I get this message:
There was missing session data for this game play. This is usually caused by pressing the back button on the web browser to play to game. Please use the links inside the arcade to replay the game. If you must use the back button, make sure to press refresh in the browser after pressing back.
I don't use the back button to navigate, and this happens every time I attempt to submit a new score. The Arcade still works perfectly on my main site, it's just that I can't figure out why after creating a backup and restoring it on another site, it shows this error whenever I try to submit a new game score. I'd like to get this figured out so I know that in the event that I have to restore my database on my main site, the arcade will restore correctly as well without error.

Help please?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”