[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Dexkdes

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.5.1

Post by Dexkdes »

Yup.

I had this installed on my forum before, but it got hacked and deleted, it worked before, but now it wont, categories and all.

clight77

Post by clight77 »

Hi
After updating to v0.5.1 iget this when i click on a game to play:

You must have Adobe Flash Player version 8 or higher installed.

And yes i do have Adobe Flash Player version 9 installed.

I can go to other sites and games work fine.

Thanks
I Follow Up On My Posts.
So Should Everybody...

clight77

Post by clight77 »

NiceM wrote:
james_isaac wrote:Hi, I'd like to know what changes this makes to the database... as in, does it just create one new table? Multiple tables? Does it add new fields to existing tables?

I had a hard time transferring from phpBB2 to 3 so I'd like to keep the database under control, so I'm looking for an arcade mod that can be removed if needed relatively easily.
The arcade have an uninstalation function, to remove all database entrys
Hi

Where is this uninstall function
Thanks
I Follow Up On My Posts.
So Should Everybody...

spaceace

Post by spaceace »

clight77 wrote:Hi

Where is this uninstall function
Thanks
it's in the install script. run http://yoursite.com/phpBB/arcade_install/install.php and select uninstall from the drop down menu ;)

clight77

Post by clight77 »

clight77 wrote:Hi
After updating to v0.5.1 iget this when i click on a game to play:

You must have Adobe Flash Player version 8 or higher installed.

And yes i do have Adobe Flash Player version 9 installed.

I can go to other sites and games work fine.

Thanks

SOLVED this problem, after i replaced arcade files in styles it started to work.

Thanks
I Follow Up On My Posts.
So Should Everybody...

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

Dexkdes wrote:Yup.

I had this installed on my forum before, but it got hacked and deleted, it worked before, but now it wont, categories and all.
Run the install check and report any errors. Also you could check the phpbb_arcade_acl_options table to ensure there are not duplicate values inside.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

james_isaac wrote:Hi, I'd like to know what changes this makes to the database... as in, does it just create one new table? Multiple tables? Does it add new fields to existing tables?

I had a hard time transferring from phpBB2 to 3 so I'd like to keep the database under control, so I'm looking for an arcade mod that can be removed if needed relatively easily.
As NiceM stated just run the install script again and choose uninstall. Make sure you are running the install script from the version you have installed. If you want a more detailed description of db stuff let me know and I will post something.

jomasaco

Post by jomasaco »

Any protection against Tump Data, because recently the people loves cheating on every games.

SqueeSr

Post by SqueeSr »

I had an issue with downloading ( as in playing them ) flash games off my own site.

What happend was that a few games, didn't get completely downloaded, and were stuck in the pre-loader. With one game I tested ( Mind Me Bloody Beer ) which i got download via origon.dk, the version download via the php script was 36 bytes to short.

After some debugging, I found out that if I comment out the following line ( from the function send_swf_to_browser() in functions_arcade.php ), all games that failed to load worked.

Code: Select all

$size = @filesize($file_path);
if ($size)
{
	header("Content-Length: $size");
}
As this header itself is correct, any idea what the real problem could be?

easygo

Post by easygo »

SqueeSr wrote:I had an issue with downloading ( as in playing them ) flash games off my own site.

What happend was that a few games, didn't get completely downloaded, and were stuck in the pre-loader. With one game I tested ( Mind Me Bloody Beer ) which i got download via origon.dk, the version download via the php script was 36 bytes to short.

After some debugging, I found out that if I comment out the following line ( from the function send_swf_to_browser() in functions_arcade.php ), all games that failed to load worked.

if ($size)
{
	header("Content-Length: $size");
}
As this header itself is correct, any idea what the real problem could be?
Hi, to make sure that your browser will download the file from server instead of cache and the raw
bytes passed to the downloading computer, I suggest to try it again with this replacement.

header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");

if (!empty($size))
		{
			header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");
			header("Content-Length: ". $size);
		}
Please reply / easy
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

NiceM

Post by NiceM »

jomasaco wrote:Any protection against Tump Data, because recently the people loves cheating on every games.
The ibprov3 games should not be that easy to cheat in, so if it's a problem with cheating use those games only.
Download games for phpbb-Arcade at:
origon.dk

SqueeSr

Post by SqueeSr »

easygo wrote: Hi, to make sure that your browser will download the file from server instead of cache and the raw
bytes passed to the downloading computer, I suggest to try it again with this replacement.

header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");

if (!empty($size))
		{
			header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");
			header("Content-Length: ". $size);
		}
Please reply / easy
I am sure it didn't load from the cache. Nor is ATM. Mainly cause commenting out one line changes it from non-working to working or vice versa.

I tried your suggestion, but the pre-loader just stopped again, and as soon as I commented out the line containing Content-Length, it worked again..

I have tested this in several browsers ( IE, Opera & Safari ) and get the same problem, which would suggest that its not a specific browser problem.

On the other hand, when I check the apache log, It always sends the same ammount of info. So if it doesn't work, it sends the same ammount of data as when it does work, which would suggest to me that the server is sending it correctly. I have the feeling I am going nuts :cry:

I am starting to think it might have something to do with the server software. Apache 2.2.6 for the record.

It is solved by removing that one line and members can play those games now too. So If I am the only one with the problem don't spend time on it. Just take note that it happend, in case someone else reports the same problem.

easygo

Post by easygo »

Anyways, in the non-isolated case it could be helpful to figure out reasons. And so here
comes just another shot, mainly to solve the empty space problem by using zip.

FIND

header("Pragma: public");
BEFORE, ADD

ob_start();
FIND

readfile($file_path);
		flush();
REPLACE WITH

ob_end_flush();
		readfile($file_path);
Maybe useful in some cases and btw, this line has no job in that function. :P

$image_data = @getimagesize($file_path);
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

Hi,

It seems some people have troubles after downloading some games on my board : The game is downloaded but there is an error message while decompressing :
Information: Unexpected header, ending loop
I asked a friend to take the same game on Origon and there is no problem. Archives have the same size.

This message appears for some games but not all of them.

With GZIP enabled :

Any idea ?

I learn English with phpbb.com :)

easygo

Post by easygo »

joebart72 wrote:Hi,

It seems some people have troubles after downloading some games on my board : The game is downloaded but there is an error message while decompressing :
Information: Unexpected header, ending loop
I asked a friend to take the same game on Origon and there is no problem. Archives have the same size.

This message appears for some games but not all of them.

With GZIP enabled :

Any idea ?

Will be fixed with the next release but this one should help right now. :idea:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... h#p5561115

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”