[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
commandercup

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.6.0

Post by commandercup » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:58 pm

I got this error after finishing the installation... help please? This a great mod though, I had it for 2.0

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /mnt/w0901/d18/s09/b02a189f/www/n00bshack.com/cache/tpl_prosilver_overall_header.html.php on line 128
I think its because im confused about what i'm supposed to do for the instruction that is labeled 'Comments' for prosilver overall_header.php

Am I supposed to make it a comment?

jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:11 pm

commandercup wrote:I got this error after finishing the installation... help please? This a great mod though, I had it for 2.0

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /mnt/w0901/d18/s09/b02a189f/www/n00bshack.com/cache/tpl_prosilver_overall_header.html.php on line 128
I think its because im confused about what i'm supposed to do for the instruction that is labeled 'Comments' for prosilver overall_header.php

Am I supposed to make it a comment?
it should be for the authors comments, not for you to make.
Check your edits for line 128, you can see if you have somehow picked up an '}' while editing

**edit
The block of instructions showing the authors comments. is asking you to find the same line again.
this one:

<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>&#8249;</strong> <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --></li>
Just so you can add this after:

<!-- ENDIF -->
He added the comment, to make sure that nobody would think he was repeating an instruction, and there was a reason for it.
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve

joebart72

Post by joebart72 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:22 am

Hello JR, do you know how to put on the right size this par of the arcade index ?

i'm using the style PrototypeV2.

I learn English with phpbb.com :)

commandercup

Post by commandercup » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:22 am

thanks, it works now

Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:38 am

JRSweets wrote:I will take a look when I have some time. How many games are we talking about? Were they ported from another format (amod, ibpro, v3arcade, etc...)? If so the original would work fine with this arcade. Do you have a link to a game to try out?
I ported probably 20+ games to that arcade, but there're more like 60+ games ported total (I have saved nearly every one).

I didn't convert them from other arcades, I downloaded original SWF's that used scoring systems, though weren't intended to be used by forums. I then decompiled them and "hacked" them to work with the mod.

The ones that I ported are of much better quality than most of the ports out there, though. I took the time to download all the fonts, etc, and took the time to make the submit buttons look right. Here's a pack of ten games for phpAR (I can only credit myself for about half the games in that pack, though):

http://gleasonator.com/downloads/Games_for_phpAR.zip

I can provide you with several FLA files as well, if you need to look at the source. Though, there isn't much to look at. All that's modified is that this is added onEnterFrame or on a button click:

on (put action here)
{
    score = <score_var_here>;
    _root.score = <score_var_here>;
    g = _level0.g;
    _root.g = _level0.g;
    $url_loc = "viewgame.php?action=newhighscore&g=" + _level0.g;
    getURL($url_loc, "_self", "POST");
}
Here's the arcade on my site, as well: http://gleasonator.com/forums/arcade.php

Furthermore, hacking the games in this manner is simple and the method I'm most used to. If this arcade supported these games, I would be making a lot more of them.

Thank you for looking into this. :)
Sorry for my bad Engrish !
gleason|design

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:09 am

If you know how to use SVN, look at the first post, if not you will have to wait until the next release. I have added support for these games. I will be releasing a new version soon and it will be included.

Thanks,
Jeff

Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:25 am

JRSweets wrote:If you know how to use SVN, look at the first post, if not you will have to wait until the next release. I have added support for these games. I will be releasing a new version soon and it will be included.

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff, you're awesome. :) I'm amazed at how quickly you pulled this together.

Thank you so much. :D
Sorry for my bad Engrish !
gleason|design

Origin30

Post by Origin30 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Ignore/delete post, have found out error.

renjifan

Post by renjifan » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:39 pm

Hello.

Apparently, I'm having a big problem! I can't even start the installer! I'm pretty new at all these, so I need help please... when I start the installer, it shows this:

true, '_GET' => true, '_POST' => true, '_COOKIE' => true, '_REQUEST' => true, '_SERVER' => true, '_SESSION' => true, '_ENV' => true, '_FILES' => true, 'phpEx' => true, 'phpbb_root_path' => true ); // Not only will array_merge and array_keys give a warning if // a parameter is not an array, array_merge will actually fail. // So we check if _SESSION has been initialised. if (!isset($_SESSION) || !is_array($_SESSION)) { $_SESSION = array(); } // Merge all into one extremely huge array; unset this later $input = array_merge( array_keys($_GET), array_keys($_POST), array_keys($_COOKIE), array_keys($_SERVER), array_keys($_SESSION), array_keys($_ENV), array_keys($_FILES) ); foreach ($input as $varname) { if (isset($not_unset[$varname])) { // Hacking attempt. No point in continuing unless it's a COOKIE if ($varname !== 'GLOBALS' || isset($_GET['GLOBALS']) || isset($_POST['GLOBALS']) || isset($_SERVER['GLOBALS']) || isset($_SESSION['GLOBALS']) || isset($_ENV['GLOBALS']) || isset($_FILES['GLOBALS'])) { exit; } else { $cookie = &$_COOKIE; while (isset($cookie['GLOBALS'])) { foreach ($cookie['GLOBALS'] as $registered_var => $value) { if (!isset($not_unset[$registered_var])) { unset($GLOBALS[$registered_var]); } } $cookie = &$cookie['GLOBALS']; } } } unset($GLOBALS[$varname]); } unset($input);}// If we are on PHP >= 6.0.0 we do not need some codeif (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '6.0.0-dev', '>=')){ /** * @ignore */ define('STRIP', false);}else{ set_magic_quotes_runtime(0); // Be paranoid with passed vars if (@ini_get('register_globals') == '1' || strtolower(@ini_get('register_globals')) == 'on' || !function_exists('ini_get')) { deregister_globals(); } define('STRIP', (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) ? true : false);}if (defined('IN_CRON')){ $phpbb_root_path = dirname(__FILE__) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR;}if (!file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'config.' . $phpEx)){ die("

The config.$phpEx file could not be found.

Click here to install phpBB
");}require($phpbb_root_path . 'config.' . $phpEx);if (!defined('PHPBB_INSTALLED')){ // Redirect the user to the installer // We have to generate a full HTTP/1.1 header here since we can't guarantee to have any of the information // available as used by the redirect function $server_name = (!empty($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])) ? strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) : ((!empty($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'])) ? $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] : getenv('SERVER_NAME')); $server_port = (!empty($_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'])) ? (int) $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] : (int) getenv('SERVER_PORT'); $secure = (isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && $_SERVER['HTTPS'] == 'on') ? 1 : 0; $script_name = (!empty($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])) ? $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] : getenv('PHP_SELF'); if (!$script_name) { $script_name = (!empty($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) ? $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] : getenv('REQUEST_URI'); } // Replace any number of consecutive backslashes and/or slashes with a single slash // (could happen on some proxy setups and/or Windows servers) $script_path = trim(dirname($script_name)) . '/install/index.' . $phpEx; $script_path = preg_replace('#[\\/]{2,}#', '/', $script_path); $url = (($secure) ? 'https://' : 'http://') . $server_name; if ($server_port && (($secure && $server_port <> 443) || (!$secure && $server_port <> 80))) { // HTTP HOST can carry a port number... if (strpos($server_name, ':') === false) { $url .= ':' . $server_port; } } $url .= $script_path; header('Location: ' . $url); exit;}if (defined('DEBUG_EXTRA')){ $base_memory_usage = 0; if (function_exists('memory_get_usage')) { $base_memory_usage = memory_get_usage(); }}// Load Extensionsif (!empty($load_extensions)){ $load_extensions = explode(',', $load_extensions); foreach ($load_extensions as $extension) { @dl(trim($extension)); }}// Include filesrequire($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/acm/acm_' . $acm_type . '.' . $phpEx);require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/cache.' . $phpEx);require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/template.' . $phpEx);require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/session.' . $phpEx);require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/auth.' . $phpEx);require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions.' . $phpEx);require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_content.' . $phpEx);require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/constants.' . $phpEx);require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/db/' . $dbms . '.' . $phpEx);require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/utf/utf_tools.' . $phpEx); // include the cash classrequire($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/mods/cash/cash_class.' . $phpEx); // Set PHP error handler to oursset_error_handler(defined('PHPBB_MSG_HANDLER') ? PHPBB_MSG_HANDLER : 'msg_handler');// Instantiate some basic classes$user = new user();$auth = new auth();$template = new template();$cache = new cache();$db = new $sql_db();// Connect to DB$db->sql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpasswd, $dbname, $dbport, false, defined('PHPBB_DB_NEW_LINK') ? PHPBB_DB_NEW_LINK : false);// We do not need this any longer, unset for safety purposesunset($dbpasswd);// Grab global variables, re-cache if necessary$config = $cache->obtain_config();// Add own hook handlerrequire($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/hooks/index.' . $phpEx);$phpbb_hook = new phpbb_hook(array('exit_handler', 'phpbb_user_session_handler', 'append_sid', array('template', 'display')));foreach ($cache->obtain_hooks() as $hook){ @include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/hooks/' . $hook . '.' . $phpEx);}?>
Notice: Undefined variable: user in /www/aokhost.com/r/e/n/renjifan/htdocs/phpBB3/arcade_install/install.php on line 26

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /www/aokhost.com/r/e/n/renjifan/htdocs/phpBB3/arcade_install/install.php on line 26
What should I do? Does it have something to do with the fact that I installed Cash Mod?

Tuxman

Post by Tuxman » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:49 pm

You seem to have done sth wrong when uploading..
[ randomly phpBBing ]

Robotics Guy

Post by Robotics Guy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:29 pm

The installation instructions say something about how you shouldn't install this on a live forum b/c it's still in development. Are there any known security issues with this mod? Is it safe to install?

Thanks!

Jaga

Post by Jaga » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:40 pm

Very safe to install. Release quality in my mind.

KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Post by KeithR » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:04 am

Is it possible to install this using PHP Version 4.4.8? Or does it need to be PHP Version 5 minimum?

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:36 am

The Bad Toad wrote:Is it possible to install this using PHP Version 4.4.8? Or does it need to be PHP Version 5 minimum?
It should work fine on 4.4.8 but I don't think I have tried it yet. Let me know if there are any issues and I will address them.

Thanks...

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:37 am

Gleasonator wrote:
JRSweets wrote:If you know how to use SVN, look at the first post, if not you will have to wait until the next release. I have added support for these games. I will be releasing a new version soon and it will be included.

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff, you're awesome. :) I'm amazed at how quickly you pulled this together.

Thank you so much. :D
No problem... ;)

I did only try it out with one game so if you find any errors let me know. I should the next version for download in a few days.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”