[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
JRSweets

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.6.1

Post by JRSweets » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:42 pm

katiep23 wrote:Thought everything went fine with my update install (did it a couple weeks ago) until I clicked "Members" for the first time & got this:

Warning: include(includes/arcade/arcade_constants.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/tiderout/public_html/phpBB3/memberlist.php on line 10

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/arcade/arcade_constants.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/tiderout/public_html/phpBB3/memberlist.php on line 10

Fatal error: Call to a member function sql_escape() on a non-object in /home1/tiderout/public_html/phpBB3/memberlist.php on line 11

Here are lines 9-13 in my memberlist.php code:

global $cache, $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx, $table_prefix;
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/arcade/arcade_constants.' . $phpEx);
$sql = 'UPDATE ' . ARCADE_CATS_TABLE . " SET cat_last_play_user_colour = '" . $db->sql_escape($sql_ary['user_colour']) . "'
WHERE " . $db->sql_in_set('cat_last_play_user_id', $user_id_ary);
$db->sql_query($sql);

Any clue? Thanks!
That is not the correct edit for that file. I would double check you edits.

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:21 pm

JRSweets wrote:
Sunka wrote:Hi there...
I have to delete all not default ACP modules...don't ask why, it is long story :mrgreen:
Now I add back one by one (mod by mod)...and I come to Arcade MOD...is there some sql execute or something else to set automaticlly ACP Arcade modules like when you first time install MOD?
Problem is I do not remember order of Arcade ACP modules (Arcade MOD have many modules).
I try to run install.php , but there is nothing then uninstall options and options to check installation.

Could somebody help me?

P.S. I did not uninstall Arcade MOD, I have only delete Modules via ACP, or through phpmyadmin
If you can wait a little bit until I return from vacation I will create a script to add them back for you.
Sorry if you are still on vacation :mrgreen: just bump it if you forget...I can add games to my forum without ACP modules...

dbasetrinity

Post by dbasetrinity » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:36 pm

hey i just wanted to thank the author of this mod for doing such a good job

Works great and also really like the fact that it validates xhtml 1.0 strict.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:05 pm

Sunka wrote:
JRSweets wrote:
Sunka wrote:Hi there...
I have to delete all not default ACP modules...don't ask why, it is long story :mrgreen:
Now I add back one by one (mod by mod)...and I come to Arcade MOD...is there some sql execute or something else to set automaticlly ACP Arcade modules like when you first time install MOD?
Problem is I do not remember order of Arcade ACP modules (Arcade MOD have many modules).
I try to run install.php , but there is nothing then uninstall options and options to check installation.

Could somebody help me?

P.S. I did not uninstall Arcade MOD, I have only delete Modules via ACP, or through phpmyadmin
If you can wait a little bit until I return from vacation I will create a script to add them back for you.
Sorry if you are still on vacation :mrgreen: just bump it if you forget...I can add games to my forum without ACP modules...
Here you go...
http://trac2.assembla.com/phpBB_Arcade/ ... odules.php

The usage instructions are inside the file at the top. Basically you need to upload the arcade_install directory from the version you are using and then place this file inside that directory. Once this is done you use it just like the arcade install (load it in your browser and choose the option to install/uninstall).

Let me know. Thanks...

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:06 pm

dbasetrinity wrote:hey i just wanted to thank the author of this mod for doing such a good job

Works great and also really like the fact that it validates xhtml 1.0 strict.
You are welcome. I hope you enjoy it. :D

damienhbg

Post by damienhbg » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:34 pm

THIS MOD SCEWED MY SHIT ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!! NOT EVEN REPLACING THE EDIT FILES WITH THE BACKUPS FIXED THE ISSUE!!!! MUST DO A RESTORE NOW OF THE FORUM, GREAT MOD! :cry:
My coolest mods: My Page; User Reminder; PJIRC CHAT

DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:42 pm

damienhbg wrote:THIS MOD SCEWED MY *beep* ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!! NOT EVEN REPLACING THE EDIT FILES WITH THE BACKUPS FIXED THE ISSUE!!!! MUST DO A RESTORE NOW OF THE FORUM, GREAT MOD! :cry:

It is only SMART to install on a BASE TESTING BOARD to start off with until you get up and running properly.

After all it IS still a beta :mrgreen:

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:16 am

damienhbg wrote:THIS MOD SCEWED MY *beep* ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!! NOT EVEN REPLACING THE EDIT FILES WITH THE BACKUPS FIXED THE ISSUE!!!! MUST DO A RESTORE NOW OF THE FORUM, GREAT MOD! :cry:
What is the exact problem?

If you install the mod correctly it works. I can guarantee you that your problem is do to YOUR ERROR and not the mod.

damienhbg

Post by damienhbg » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:22 am

i'm sorry buddy, was an outburst of frustration, not at u but at the crash...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/gary/public_html/forum/cache/tpl_prosatin_copper_overall_header.html.php on line 134

this is what i'm getting when i goto any page on my board...including index.....now, i've reversed everything, replaced edit files with the backups....deleted all arcade root files from the server, and still getting the error! :( i'm installed a fresh install of my style and still same thing? any ideas?

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:26 am

damienhbg wrote:i'm sorry buddy, was an outburst of frustration, not at u but at the crash...
Fine but a post like that provides no information for anyone to help you. Why say the mod screwed up your site when it was you?
damienhbg wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/gary/public_html/forum/cache/tpl_prosatin_copper_overall_header.html.php on line 134

this is what i'm getting when i goto any page on my board...including index.....now, i've reversed everything, replaced edit files with the backups....deleted all arcade root files from the server, and still getting the error! :( i'm installed a fresh install of my style and still same thing? any ideas?
If you restored the backup of overall_header.html then either turn on the option to refresh stale templates in the acp, purge the cache or refresh the style.

If that is the only error you are getting its because you edited the file wrong. If you plan on still using this mod then try to redo the edits and double check to make sure the file is edited correctly. The edits works correctly when done correctly.
Last edited by JRSweets on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

damienhbg

Post by damienhbg » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:27 am

JRSweets wrote:
damienhbg wrote:i'm sorry buddy, was an outburst of frustration, not at u but at the crash...
Fine but a post like that provides no information for anyone to help you.
damienhbg wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/gary/public_html/forum/cache/tpl_prosatin_copper_overall_header.html.php on line 134

If you restored the backup of overall_header.html then either turn on the option to refresh stale templates in the acp, purge the cache or refresh the style.

If you plan on still using this mod then try to redo the edits and double check to make sure the file is edited correctly. The edits works correctly when done correctly.

okay, sooo i cant even get on my acp tho?

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

damienhbg wrote:
JRSweets wrote:
Fine but a post like that provides no information for anyone to help you.

If you plan on still using this mod then try to redo the edits and double check to make sure the file is edited correctly. The edits works correctly when done correctly.

Do you get the same error when trying to get to the acp? The other solution would be to empty the /cache folder on your server leaving only the .htacess and index.htm files. You can do this by accessing the server through ftp and deleting all the files except the ones I listed.

RATT

Post by RATT » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:23 am

damienhbg wrote:

Simply delete all the files in the cache folder via ftp or file manager then. works great! :D

Love the new features in the new version JR, Keep up the awesome work!

damienhbg

Post by damienhbg » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:35 am

unfortionatly i've already done this as well...

djgc

Post by djgc » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:55 am

NiceM wrote: The front page on the demo board is a portal and have nothing to do with the arcade.
What portal is being used?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”