[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
mre03

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.7.0

Post by mre03 »

easygo wrote:
mre03 wrote:oh ok, well i updated to rc1 but still no luck,still says: You must have Adobe Flash Player version 8 or higher installed.
Well, what should I say on today? Your source code has just played the same old song ::

Code: Select all

<div style="float: left; width: 75%; text-align: center;">
	<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/arcade/swfobject.js"></script>
	<div id="flashcontent">
		You must have Adobe Flash Player version 8 or higher installed.	</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
		var so = new SWFObject("./includes/arcade/games/aceblackjack/aceblackjack.swf", "aceblackjack", "600", "400", "8");
		so.addParam("quality", "high");
		so.addParam("menu", "false");
				so.addVariable("game_sid", "xxxxREMOVEDxxxx");
				so.write("flashcontent");
	</script>
</div>
No, that's neither RC1 nor 0.7.0! So take care. :idea:

Another issue ::
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/SF_Glacier/template/ucp_arcade_settings.html does not exist or is empty
the swfobject.js was the latest versions from where i downloaded it from, well it got it to finally work but im using the file from 0.4.5 and just used that swfobject.js file instead

**Also i do have one more problem, after getting it to work, i had to change my root path from index.php to forum.php due to a portal issue, i cannot get high scores because its calling the root path for index.php. I was wondering which file and coding i needed to modify in order to query forum.php instead.

thanks

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

mre03 wrote:the swfobject.js was the latest versions from where i downloaded it from, well it got it to finally work but im using the file from 0.4.5 and just used that swfobject.js file instead
Why would you do that? You just proved you did not update the template files correctly. If you make sure you upload the correct templates to the correct locations and then purge the cache/refresh templates it will work fine. You either did not upload the new templates to ALL your styles or you didn't purge the cache and/or refresh the templates. You keep saying you uploaded the new files but for whatever reason the old is still there.
mre03 wrote:**Also i do have one more problem, after getting it to work, i had to change my root path from index.php to forum.php due to a portal issue, i cannot get high scores because its calling the root path for index.php. I was wondering which file and coding i needed to modify in order to query forum.php instead.
This is not possible unless you modify the games themselves. If you named you portal index.php then just add the code from the arcade to that file.

wolverd

Post by wolverd »

easygo wrote:
wolverd wrote:
wolverd wrote:GREAT script! (Congrats!)

I'm a phpbb3 modding noob though and have had a few probs in trying to get this installed on my test board.

Here are the steps I've taken:

(1) I successfully installed phpbb3 version 3.0.1
(2) I successfully updated to phpbb3 version 3.0.2
(3) I successfully installed phpbb arcade version 0.7.0
(4) I succesfully CHMOD'd (777 on my server) permissions for games.

HOWEVER: I came across some problems as described below:

(1) When in the Arcade ACP, if I click "Add Games" I get the following error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_games.php on line 155: opendir(./../includes/arcade/games/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_games.php on line 159: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:2975) in /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 150

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:2975) in /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 152

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:2975) in /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 153

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:2975) in /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 154
(2) When clicking "Create Game Install File" I get the following:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_utilities.php on line 224: acp_arcade_utilities::include(./../includes/arcade/games/1starshipNM/1starshipNM.php) [function.acp-arcade-utilities-include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_utilities.php on line 224: acp_arcade_utilities::include(./../includes/arcade/games/1starshipNM/1starshipNM.php) [function.acp-arcade-utilities-include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_utilities.php on line 224: acp_arcade_utilities::include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/arcade/games/1starshipNM/1starshipNM.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_utilities.php on line 880: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
(3) When selecting a game to play - it does not load at all.

Could someone please have a look at the code submited and suggest what I failed to do right/did wrong?

Thanks in advance!
It seems this one got missed. Sorry to bump.
Looks like "wwwrun" server permissions problems! So please make sure you have
set CHMOD at 777 (instead 755) especially on these arcade directories ::

arcade, arcade/gamedata, includes/arcade/games, includes/arcade/install

- same for all the game folders you have already uploaded through your ftp connection
- install files should be set at least to CHMOD 666 (instead of 644) in that case

Hope it helps.
I made all the recommended changes - exactly as instructed - and I'm still getting errors.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Linux: Beating the crap out of Redmond since 1991
My Test Board: http://www.wolverton.net.au/forum

mre03

Post by mre03 »

JRSweets wrote:
mre03 wrote:the swfobject.js was the latest versions from where i downloaded it from, well it got it to finally work but im using the file from 0.4.5 and just used that swfobject.js file instead
Why would you do that? You just proved you did not update the template files correctly. If you make sure you upload the correct templates to the correct locations and then purge the cache/refresh templates it will work fine. You either did not upload the new templates to ALL your styles or you didn't purge the cache and/or refresh the templates. You keep saying you uploaded the new files but for whatever reason the old is still there.
mre03 wrote:**Also i do have one more problem, after getting it to work, i had to change my root path from index.php to forum.php due to a portal issue, i cannot get high scores because its calling the root path for index.php. I was wondering which file and coding i needed to modify in order to query forum.php instead.
This is not possible unless you modify the games themselves. If you named you portal index.php then just add the code from the arcade to that file.
i think you might have misunderstood what i was trying to explain, i actually had to use the older version and replace the new uploaded version, i purged the cache as well but either way, ill look into it again and see if i may have missed something. The games seem to be working and i appreciate all the efforts

easygo

Re: [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC1

Post by easygo »

wolverd wrote:I made all the recommended changes - exactly as instructed - and I'm still getting errors.

Any other suggestions?
Nope, especially as I'm pretty sure that it works in this way.

Well done :?: Let's compare ::
wolverd wrote:opendir(./../includes/arcade/games/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied
Make sure CHMOD 777 is set on dir includes/arcade + includes/arcade/games to solve that issue.
Already made it but to no effect? Well, then try also CHMOD 777 on dir root/includes.
wolverd wrote:(./../includes/arcade/games/1starshipNM/1starshipNM.php) [function.acp-arcade-utilities-include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
In that case, CHMOD 777 should be set on dir includes/arcade/games/1starshipNM/. Also make sure
CHMOD 666 (or 777) is set on the game install file 1starshipNM.php in order to solve that issue.

You all right? Just do it and take care.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal »

I am still waiting for your comments on my query...Please help :(

easygo

Post by easygo »

Not sure what you need or how I could help; and just btw, this is the wrong place
to talk about my first try of making a pure customized phpBB3 portal. So, if you got
a problem using the arcade code, ask your question either to the author or
at all, please! If only interested in our portal, you still have to wait.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

simvader

Post by simvader »

I like this arcade very much, but is there a option to ad downloads sources for the arcade?

ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

I was able to update easily with no trouble. Thanks so much! :mrgreen:
Heather

DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

Will doing the update remove the current scores and games?

Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

No.
[ randomly phpBBing ]

KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Post by KeithR »

easygo wrote:Anyway! :) All's well that ends well, right?
Couldn't agree more :)

Updated to [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC1 last night and no problems whatsoever :D

Mr.AmiT

Post by Mr.AmiT »

Hebrew to 1.0 RC1 version:
http://rapidshare.com/files/147786905/p ... E.zip.html

I added the Prosilver tamplate install file because for Hebrew,you need to does something diffrent from what I supposed to do...

Good night!
phpBB.co.il
phpBB Israel.

Thanks.
Amit.

badhabitboy

Post by badhabitboy »

Hi am having a bit of a problem, everythings installed works fine apart from while playing games a couple of minutes into playing the board will refresh and go back to the index page, making you lose your score & the game you were just playing.

Do you know what might be causing this and how to stop it.

Thanks

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal »

easygo wrote:Not sure what you need or how I could help; and just btw, this is the wrong place
to talk about my first try of making a pure customized phpBB3 portal. So, if you got
a problem using the arcade code, ask your question either to the author or
at all, please! If only interested in our portal, you still have to wait.
Well thanx :roll:

I figured it out myself

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”