[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
povray

Re: [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC1

Post by povray » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:20 pm

no, the problem with the images occurs with all types of games, not only with ibpro. the images of the arcade appear, but those are the games not even being with the correct name.

madshark

Post by madshark » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:30 pm

hmm the source site seems to be having an issue any one else no any places to get games ?? other than origon ... origans been giving out the following error as of late :
Warning

The site you entered was incorrect or you are not allowed to use this feature on that site. Check the URL and try again.

If you are sure the URL is correct make sure your server has "allow_url_fopen" set to on or the cURL library installed.

easygo

Post by easygo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:11 pm

madshark wrote:hmm the source site seems to be having an issue any one else no any places to get games ?? other than origon ... origans been giving out the following error as of late :
Warning

The site you entered was incorrect or you are not allowed to use this feature on that site. Check the URL and try again.

If you are sure the URL is correct make sure your server has "allow_url_fopen" set to on or the cURL library installed.
Worth reading :: http://www.jeffrusso.net/forum/viewtopi ... =20&t=1737
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:33 am

ThunderCrew wrote:Did you change the game image names to not have a "1" after them. I know ibpro packages have the images named as NAME1 and NAME2 this arcade just wants NAME in example.

pacman1.gif would be wrong it has to be pacman.gif
Although you are correct the images *should* have the same name, I snuck in some code that should recognize the images even if they are not renamed from image1.gif or image2.gif. ;)

Code: Select all

// Try to be more tolerant for people that do not RTFM
    $file_path = $phpbb_root_path . $game_path . '/' . $file_folder . '/' . $file;    
    if (!@file_exists($file_path) || !@is_readable($file_path))
    {
        $ext = strrchr($file, '.');        
        $ibp_image = array(
            $phpbb_root_path . $game_path . '/' . $file_folder . '/' . $file_folder . '1' . $ext, 
            $phpbb_root_path . $game_path . '/' . $file_folder . '/' . $file_folder . '2' . $ext,
        );

foreach ($ibp_image as $image)
        {
            if (@file_exists($image) && @is_readable($image))
            {
                if (!@rename($image, $file_path))
                {
                    $file_path = $image;
                }
                break;
            }
        }
    } 

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:39 am

povray wrote:no, the problem with the images occurs with all types of games, not only with ibpro. the images of the arcade appear, but those are the games not even being with the correct name.
Do you have some type of hotlink protection on? If you view the images directly you are redirected to http://www.freetzi.com/images/no.gif That is the problem.

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:50 am

JRSweets wrote:
ThunderCrew wrote:Did you change the game image names to not have a "1" after them. I know ibpro packages have the images named as NAME1 and NAME2 this arcade just wants NAME in example.

Although you are correct the images *should* have the same name, I snuck in some code that should recognize the images even if they are not renamed from image1.gif or image2.gif. ;)

{
        $ibp_image = array(
            $phpbb_root_path . $game_path . '/' . $file_folder . '/' . $file_folder . '1' . $ext, 
            $phpbb_root_path . $game_path . '/' . $file_folder . '/' . $file_folder . '2' . $ext,
        );

{
            {
                {
                    $file_path = $image;
                }
                break;
            }
        }
    } 

Another sneaky clever pool by J.R. you da man 8-)
Now if you would have only taken into consideration most game arcades download from ibpdownloads and made the upload/install coding run off of that folder structure you would have saved us alot of time and effort :lol: Just kidding :geek: Great mod ;) P.m. me if you would accept a payment for coding a tourney mode for me exclusivley 8-) :D If it is reasonably priced Id be willing to pay a decent amount for this. :idea:
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:54 am

ThunderCrew wrote:
JRSweets wrote:

{
        $ibp_image = array(
        );

{
            {
                {
                    $file_path = $image;
                }
                break;
            }
        }
    } 

Another sneaky clever pool by J.R. you da man 8-)
Now if you would have only taken into consideration most game arcades download from ibpdownloads and made the upload/install coding run off of that folder structure you would have saved us alot of time and effort :lol: Just kidding :geek: Great mod ;) P.m. me if you would accept a payment for coding a tourney mode for me exclusivley 8-) :D If it is reasonably priced Id be willing to pay a decent amount for this. :idea:
Hey lads,

where do I put this code?

{
        $ibp_image = array(
        );

{
            {
                {
                    $file_path = $image;
                }
                break;
            }
        }
    }  

also I dont mind paying a decent amount :P So thunder wana go 50/50 ;)
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )

easygo

Post by easygo » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:39 pm

naushadhassam wrote:Hey lads,

where do I put this code?
Hard to tell ;) as it's already there since v0.6
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:09 pm

Time is tight for me right now, so currently I don't have time to do a tournament feature. It is something I will look at after I release 1.0.

bbrian017

Post by bbrian017 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:54 am

JRSweets wrote:Time is tight for me right now, so currently I don't have time to do a tournament feature. It is something I will look at after I release 1.0.
Would it be smart to wait for 1.0 to install this arcade seeing I don't want to install, update, when I can wait and simply install!

I guess the question is how far away is 1.0?

EDIT: oh I just noticed I would need to upgrade phpbb in order to add this! 3.0.1 or something...

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:21 pm

bbrian017 wrote:
JRSweets wrote:Time is tight for me right now, so currently I don't have time to do a tournament feature. It is something I will look at after I release 1.0.
Would it be smart to wait for 1.0 to install this arcade seeing I don't want to install, update, when I can wait and simply install!

I guess the question is how far away is 1.0?

EDIT: oh I just noticed I would need to upgrade phpbb in order to add this! 3.0.1 or something...
Cool J.R. thought I would try to buy it and possibly prevoke others to buy it in the process instead of everyone having it as a freebie add on to this great mod 8-) :lol:

bbrian the updates are always very easy I would say install this mod as is now and just update when the updates are ready :D I have been using this since its first package and every upgrade has been simple as typing qwerty :D
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

mwh65

Post by mwh65 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:41 pm

I can't get any of the following settings to work in the ACP ...

Display welcome box on arcade statistics page:
Display advanced search on arcade statistics page:
Display links on arcade statistics page:

I'm assuming these headings should be showing in "Statistics" and "My Statistics".

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:44 pm

mwh65 wrote:I can't get any of the following settings to work in the ACP ...

I'm assuming these headings should be showing in "Statistics" and "My Statistics".
Its working for me on my board and my dev board. Do the options change to on/off when you click them? You are correct it controls the display on the statistics and arcade statistics pages.

mwh65

Post by mwh65 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:14 am

JRSweets wrote:
mwh65 wrote:I can't get any of the following settings to work in the ACP ...

Its working for me on my board and my dev board. Do the options change to on/off when you click them? You are correct it controls the display on the statistics and arcade statistics pages.
Yes they do change to on/off in the ACP. I have also confirmed the variables "welcome_stats", "search_stats" and "links_stats" tally with the relevant ACP settings when it reaches the function "display_arcade_header" in the file "includes\arcade\arcade_stats.php". :?

EDIT : I decided to re-upload all the arcade files to rule them out and for some reason it is now working !!! :oops: Thanks anyway.
Last edited by mwh65 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RATT

Post by RATT » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:32 pm

Great add in for the new bit of code JR

// Try to be more tolerant for people that do not RTFM
lmao @ rtfm!!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”