[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
kham619

Re: [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8

Post by kham619 »

I installed this Mod fine.

However, how do i get games to upload?
quahappy
Former Team Member
Name: Andy Green

Post by quahappy »

Hi,

Go to your phpBB3 site > ACP > Arcade (tab) > Utilities > User Guide. This contains all the information you need to upload / unpack, add games to your Arcade.

Don't forget to create at least one category first before adding games.
If you don't ask.....
Carter22

Post by Carter22 »

Hi, I have a random question:

I have a lot of different themes on my board, some black, some white - can I specify the template variable {T_THEME_PATH} under Image Path under Path settings? That way I could have the images be specific to individual themes and have dark graphics for dark themes and light graphics for light themes?
kham619

Post by kham619 »

quahappy wrote:Hi,

Go to your phpBB3 site > ACP > Arcade (tab) > Utilities > User Guide. This contains all the information you need to upload / unpack, add games to your Arcade.

Thanks, I figured that part out...now where do I go to find games?
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Tried reading the initial posting?
You've got links there!
[ randomly phpBBing ]
quahappy
Former Team Member
Name: Andy Green

Post by quahappy »

kham619 wrote:

http://www.ibpdownloads.com/ ;)
If you don't ask.....
bobocop

Post by bobocop »

kham619 wrote:

Half of this thread is with questions
Where to get games?
how do i find games ?
etc. etc.

It's all in the first post, and it's been said over and over again through out this whole thread. (there must be at least 200 posts on this)
the best place to get games is at http://igames.origon.dk if they don't have the game, you can ask if they can get it for you.
No one has more games then http://igames.origon.dk that i know of.
If you don't want to just get one game at a time (I think they also have packs there) You can go to my site here -- > http://altecart.com/and download all 5000 + games at ounce or in category packs
sengfoh

Post by sengfoh »

I have installed Arcade 1.0.RC8, it can work before 10 may, now it show the error when i go to this page. I have tried to uninstall but it show the same error.

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare scandir() in D:\HostingSpaces\phonestar\phonestar.com.my\wwwroot\includes\arcade\functions_files.php on line 404
sengfoh

Post by sengfoh »

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare scandir() in D:\HostingSpaces\phonestar\phonestar.com.my\wwwroot\includes\arcade\functions_files.php on line 404

I have remark the code in includes\arcade\functions_files.php on line 404

<!--if (!function_exists('scandir'))
{
function scandir($directory, $sorting_order = 0)
{
$list = array();

$dh = opendir($directory);
while (($file = readdir($dh)) !== false)
{
$list[] = $file;
}
closedir($dh);

(!$sorting_order) ? sort($list) : rsort($list);

return $list;
}
}-->

and now i can install phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 but when i go to acp--> arcade--> upload/unpack games and i have this error

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_games.php on line 697: scandir() has been disabled for security reasons. Can you help me to solve this problem?
kham619

Post by kham619 »

HELP:

I sucessfully installed the Arcade, can see the tab in UCP.
I created a file in UCP to upload games to.

However, when I click the Arcade Icon, this section is empty and has no games or file that I named "video games" within UCP. Please help.

Mods i have, I'm running Portal Board 3.
NiceM

Post by NiceM »

Do you mean you have created a category in ACP? if so you would have to set your permissions to see the games.
Download games for phpbb-Arcade at:
origon.dk
Aysriel

Post by Aysriel »

Okay, I have added all the correct files and everything using automod and when i go to yoursite.com/install/index.php it gives me the error stating :

You are not authorized to use this script.

Please note to use the script the following requirements must be met. First you must be logged in to the site and second you must have the user type founder. If you are logged in and are the founder then you have incorrect cookie settings in the acp. Please check the cookie domain setting. If your site url is http://www.example.com then the cookie domain should be .example.com.

I have checked my cookie domain setting and to my knowledge it is set right
I am the founder
I read the post about taking the line out of the index.php located in the install folder but I am not sure i did it right, however when i went to install it on a different forum it worked just fine....any suggestions?
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

You didn't set your roles ...
[ randomly phpBBing ]
Blazeflack

Post by Blazeflack »

Aysriel wrote:Okay, I have added all the correct files and everything using automod and when i go to yoursite.com/install/index.php it gives me the error stating :

You are not authorized to use this script.

Please note to use the script the following requirements must be met. First you must be logged in to the site and second you must have the user type founder. If you are logged in and are the founder then you have incorrect cookie settings in the acp. Please check the cookie domain setting. If your site url is http://www.example.com then the cookie domain should be .example.com.

I have checked my cookie domain setting and to my knowledge it is set right
I am the founder
I read the post about taking the line out of the index.php located in the install folder but I am not sure i did it right, however when i went to install it on a different forum it worked just fine....any suggestions?
If using Firefox try pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete then put a tick in "offline data", "cache" and "confirmed sessions" and then clear the data by pressing the button. This worked for me.
Blazeflack

Post by Blazeflack »

Hi. I have successfully installed this mod on a local test site and it all seems to work fine. However after installing this on my live site I keep getting a blank page when I try to add a game that I uploaded manually (for some reason I can't use upload/unpack, I think my host is to blame). If I go to Manage Arcade and create a catagory and I will get a blank page after pressing submit if I wrote anything in the "Description" field. Leaving this field blank will successfully create the catagory.

Any thoughts on what might cause this? I wouldn't be surprised if my host is using some weird settings but I would really appreciate any help regarding what setting that might be and how I can solve it.

Thanks

Edit: It turned out that my host had a memory limit of 16mb. I increased it to 64mb through .htaccess and now everything works fine.

Edit2: Would it be possible to make an option to mute the arcade? Some of the games are incredibly loud and/or annoying to listen to so it would be nice with some sort of possibility to mute those games that doesn't come with the option built in.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”