[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
RedTrinity

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.1.0

Post by RedTrinity »

JRSweets wrote: The only thing I can say is check the permissions. If the includes/arcade/games folder is CHMOD to 755 on my server it works to write the new file, on other peoples server it needs to be 777.

You could try to open includes/arcade/arcade_class.php and find:

Code: Select all

if ($fp = @fopen($updated_file, 'wb'))
and replace with:

Code: Select all

if ($fp = fopen($updated_file, 'wb'))
Then update a game and see if you see an error message, if you don't then open config.php and enable debug and debug_extra and try again to see if you see an error message.
Ok, with includes/arcade/games folder I tried both 755 and 777 CHMOD to no avail. So did the edit as suggested and this is the error I was presented with when I tried to update game details:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/arcade/arcade_class.php on line 2029: fopen(./../includes/arcade/games/goldminer/goldminer.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/arcade/arcade_class.php on line 2029: fopen(./../includes/arcade/games/goldminer/goldminer.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/redtrin/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:2957) in /home/redtrin/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 164

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/redtrin/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:2957) in /home/redtrin/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 166

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/redtrin/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:2957) in /home/redtrin/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 167

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/redtrin/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:2957) in /home/redtrin/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 168
Does that help to identify the problem at all? :D

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

Yep, you can undo the edits. Its a permission thing with the server. Notice you are getting access denied messages.

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Interestingly enough I just noticed that the games settings are still changing even though I get presented with that original error message! Will this make a difference if I continue to use it as is even without the install file changes?

Otherwise it might not be such an issue afterall :D

Btw, members have been playing the arcade for the last 24 hours and they LOVE it. They think its the best one we have had sofar!

The only feature requests I can think of for now is more display options in regards to trophies/scores etc - maybe one for member profiles and also for their profiles in viewtopic (as i think somebody else has already suggested)... also I remember that Amod used to have a neat feature with putting an "arcade champion" title with a little gif under the avatar of the person who had the most Gold Trophies!

So just some ideas anyway, otherwise its a fantastic MOD and cant wait to see how it develops further :D

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

RedTrinity wrote:Interestingly enough I just noticed that the games settings are still changing even though I get presented with that original error message! Will this make a difference if I continue to use it as is even without the install file changes?

Otherwise it might not be such an issue afterall :D

Btw, members have been playing the arcade for the last 24 hours and they LOVE it. They think its the best one we have had sofar!

The only feature requests I can think of for now is more display options in regards to trophies/scores etc - maybe one for member profiles and also for their profiles in viewtopic (as i think somebody else has already suggested)... also I remember that Amod used to have a neat feature with putting an "arcade champion" title with a little gif under the avatar of the person who had the most Gold Trophies!

So just some ideas anyway, otherwise its a fantastic MOD and cant wait to see how it develops further :D
You can safely ignore the message. You will only have problems if you are offering downloads for the game, the install file will not be updated. The games will play fine because of the correct data in the database. The next release I have added highscores to the viewtopic.

Tui76

Post by Tui76 »

hi
ive tried to install this mod
But i am gettin "tried to redirect to potential insecure url " when post or edit posts
It only started when i mod the function.php section

Did remove it and reinstall again but still happening
any help would be very much welcomed

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

Tui76 wrote:hi
ive tried to install this mod
But i am gettin "tried to redirect to potential insecure url " when post or edit posts
It only started when i mod the function.php section

Did remove it and reinstall again but still happening
any help would be very much welcomed
So when you remove the edits to functions.php the message goes away?

bhoopalan

Post by bhoopalan »

Looks like what i was actually searching for all these days...... even the staff members of PHPBB didnt redirect me here when i asked questions like 'any arcade mod available with three top players shown for phpb3 version and all... ' :evil:

Thaales

Post by Thaales »

hi, lovely mod , i installed with no problems at all, but i found really difficult to install games O.o

could you or someone do a step by step on how to install.

thanks and gratz for the mod.

NiceM

Post by NiceM »

Thaales wrote:hi, lovely mod , i installed with no problems at all, but i found really difficult to install games O.o

Try to red here http://www.jeffrusso.net/forum/faq.php?mode=arcade
Download games for phpbb-Arcade at:
origon.dk

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

Thaales wrote:hi, lovely mod , i installed with no problems at all, but i found really difficult to install games O.o

I am sorry but I have answered that question a lot. All I can say is please read through the old posts. The first post contains a link to a userguide that details exactly what is needed, a user name RATT explains it again in this thread and so did I. Its fairly easy if you follow the instructions. If you want ready to use games goto http://igames.origon.dk and download the games through the game release forum or the arcade directly. If you still have issues the next version will have a option to allow downloads through the acp. Which I showed a screen shot of a couple pages back.

bhoopalan

Post by bhoopalan »

am already running patrickstar's arcade mod.... if i need to swtich over to this mod........ will i need to come across any hurdles in install???? :(

Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

This one seems to be even easier and hurdleless. The ACP is almost complete, even installing games. :?
[ randomly phpBBing ]

bhoopalan

Post by bhoopalan »

some one teach me how to uninstall patrick's arcade room

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

Tuxman wrote:This one seems to be even easier and hurdleless. The ACP is almost complete, even installing games. :?
What do you think the ACP is missing?

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

bhoopalan wrote:some one teach me how to uninstall patrick's arcade room
This does not belong in this thread.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”