[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
RedTrinity

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.1.0

Post by RedTrinity »

fimo wrote: http://www.mydomaine.dk/arcade_install/install.php
and this is the error i get:
You are not authorized to use this script. :?: :?:
Are you the owner/founder of the forum? As I am pretty certain that it will only work if this is the case and not for co-administrators etc. It has to be the main admin account.

Otherwise I am at a loss and its probably best if the MOD Author helps you with that one!
Blanky wrote:Nice mod :)

But now I'm having trouble finding the Download Games module? I can,t find it =/
Don't know what gave you the impression that there was such a module but you must go out and obtain the games manually from outside sources. One site in particular has been included in the original post where you can get games from, from there you can download them via the arcade and then upload them to your own forum - then you have to install them via the option in the ACP.

bhoopalan

Post by bhoopalan »

See this error

http://www.just2laugh.com/arcade.php

Am being the admin, do not have the permission to view the arcade???????? i added a game called antharax jelly which i got from Origon.dk. but am not able to view anything....

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

bhoopalan wrote:See this error

Am being the admin, do not have the permission to view the arcade???????? i added a game called antharax jelly which i got from Origon.dk. but am not able to view anything....
There is a userguide in the first post which explains this issue, it has also been mentioned numerous times in the last few pages.

bhoopalan

Post by bhoopalan »

I randomly gone thru that userguide... so i wud have missed it... sorry... :mrgreen:

fimo

Post by fimo »

RedTrinity wrote:
Are you the owner/founder of the forum? As I am pretty certain that it will only work if this is the case and not for co-administrators etc. It has to be the main admin account.

Otherwise I am at a loss and its probably best if the MOD Author helps you with that one!

Hi again,
I am the owner/founder of the board and when im logged in as "Administrator"
i use the same log in information as i used to create the board, and i think i therfor per default is
the Administrator or ?
thank you for your help sofar....

bhoopalan

Post by bhoopalan »

This's much complicated....... I have downloaded a game from igames.origon.dk i uploaded it to my site and added the game thru ACP. But its high score is not shown......

what cud be the reason???? There are many confusion like installing a download file this, that and lot more.... i didnt do anyhting like that....... I just placed the game in the correct folder of server... That makes any difference???

ozmantx

Post by ozmantx »

I have an issue... I have installed it, edited the files, and installed a few games. Went into the ACP and gave it permissions. I can click the address for ../arcade.php and play everything fine, but that is the only way I can get to the Arcade. There are no links like the ones on the top right menu panel (Where the Login/out, Members, FAQ) is. Also, the very top where the directory listing is (Where it says Board Index -) does not have the 'Arcade ' where it is supposed to. Not sure if I didn't do something right in the ACP or if I add/edited the code wrong in one of the files where I needed to edit it. Anyway, here is an image of what I am talking about. If anyone can help out, it would be greatly appreciated.

And here is a link to the full size image so you can see what I am talking about on the top right corner menu...
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2407 ... tchuz7.jpg

fimo

Post by fimo »

fimo wrote:
RedTrinity wrote:

Hi again,
I am the owner/founder of the board and when im logged in as "Administrator"
i use the same log in information as i used to create the board, and i think i therfor per default is
the Administrator or ?
thank you for your help sofar....
Hello again,
NOW i got it to work :D
I uninstalled my hole board and reinstalled it again from start and the problem was as "RedTrinity" said,
the board did not reconize me as the administrator for some odd reason. but now everything went okay,
and i can see the arcade at my board.
Now i have to read about getting games on my board.... but THANK U FOR UR HELP :D

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

ozmantx wrote:I have an issue... I have installed it, edited the files, and installed a few games. Went into the ACP and gave it permissions. I can click the address for ../arcade.php and play everything fine, but that is the only way I can get to the Arcade. There are no links like the ones on the top right menu panel (Where the Login/out, Members, FAQ) is. Also, the very top where the directory listing is (Where it says Board Index -) does not have the 'Arcade ' where it is supposed to. Not sure if I didn't do something right in the ACP or if I add/edited the code wrong in one of the files where I needed to edit it. Anyway, here is an image of what I am talking about. If anyone can help out, it would be greatly appreciated.

And here is a link to the full size image so you can see what I am talking about on the top right corner menu...
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2407 ... tchuz7.jpg
Did you make the edits to overall_header.html for the styles? Inside the download is a /templates folder containing the edits need for prosilver and subsilver2. If you made these edits, then either purge your cache or refresh you template.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

Blanky wrote:Nice mod :)

But now I'm having trouble finding the Download Games module? I can,t find it =/
golgoth wrote:There isn't a "Download Games" module.
To clarify this. There is a download games module. It works by entering the url of the site running the phpBB Arcade and offering arcade. It lists all the available games to download, shows which games you already have installed and follows all the permissions you have set to allow downloads.

It hasn't been released yet. Its part of the next version 0.2.0, which is done and I am just testing the upgrade script. I updated the userguide so it would be done when I released it.

Some of the new features and fixes are listed: http://www.jeffrusso.net/forum/viewtopi ... =20&t=1331

bhoopalan

Post by bhoopalan »

I installed games. They are visible. But score not saved

:( What cud be the reason? I installed the mod uploaded a zipped file of a game from igames.origon.dk but and unpacked it thru ACP and added it to my site. I did nothing else (Like creating any installation file or so... bcuz i didnt understand it... )

But my site's high score is not saved... what should i do? Is there anything related with what u say to create installation file? Its also not there in the Userguide how to create installation file or upload it in which folder...

please explain.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

bhoopalan wrote:I installed games. They are visible. But score not saved

:( What cud be the reason? I installed the mod uploaded a zipped file of a game from igames.origon.dk but and unpacked it thru ACP and added it to my site. I did nothing else (Like creating any installation file or so... bcuz i didnt understand it... )

But my site's high score is not saved... what should i do? Is there anything related with what u say to create installation file? Its also not there in the Userguide how to create installation file or upload it in which folder...

please explain.
Post a link to your site and a test user and password to log in with. Did you download the game from inside the arcade or inside the game release forum? Those games do not need the install file and are ready to go as is.

Also the userguide explains exactly how to package games, create install files and the ACP provides all the tools needed to create the install files for you.

bhoopalan

Post by bhoopalan »

as soon as the game's over and when i click the save score.... it goes to the index page. And that index page url consists of arcade=noscore and some thing like that anall...

at present i have set the permission for guests to save high score....

so just check it please http://www.just2laugh.com/arcade.php

and do i compulsorily need to create a installation file????

Yea... all games are downloaded only from Game release of igames.origon.dk

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

bhoopalan wrote:http://www.just2laugh.com/arcade.php

as soon as the game's over and when i click the save score.... it goes to the index page. And that index page url consists of arcade=noscore and some thing like that anall...

at present i have set the permission for guests to save high score....

so just check it please http://www.just2laugh.com/arcade.php

and do i compulsorily need to create a installation file????

Yea... all games are downloaded only from Game release of igames.origon.dk
You didn't make the required edits to the correct files. Did you open install.xml file, templates/prosilver.xml and templates/subsilver2.xml file and make the required edits? Also once you make the edit purge your cache and/or refresh the styles.

Also, even with the permissions, guests can never submit scores.

afghanworld

Post by afghanworld »

I get this Error...

Code: Select all

You do not have the permission to view the arcade. If you believe this is an error please contact the board administrator.
What can I do against it? :cry:

thxx

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”