[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
jase951

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.5.0

Post by jase951 » Sun May 11, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi

Is there a known problem with games not saving scores? I've had users reporting this, and I've came across it too...

Thanks! Hope someone can hekp.

Jase

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Sun May 11, 2008 3:05 pm

jase951 wrote:Hi

Is there a known problem with games not saving scores? I've had users reporting this, and I've came across it too...

Jase
You would need to be mroe specific.
Is it the "back button" error
"enabled cookies" error
"wrong score type" error
etc etc there are a few usualy its admin install error.

If it is wrong score type simply fix it in edit games
if it is cookie error either one thier cookies are not enabled or are too high level for the games OR your cookie is set wrong in acp as for the back button error if you ever sort that one let us all know about how to :lol:
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

jase951

Post by jase951 » Sun May 11, 2008 3:13 pm

ThunderCrew wrote:
jase951 wrote:Hi

Jase
You would need to be mroe specific.
Is it the "back button" error
"enabled cookies" error
"wrong score type" error
etc etc there are a few usualy its admin install error.

If it is wrong score type simply fix it in edit games
if it is cookie error either one thier cookies are not enabled or are too high level for the games OR your cookie is set wrong in acp as for the back button error if you ever sort that one let us all know about how to :lol:
Thanks!

Erm, when it happended to me i was using firefox and the game just went blank white and did not redirect to the site to be saved. The games work most o the time for me just others are reporting that they are not always saving. I've warned about the back button problem.

Also, there's anothetr issue with firefox for some people that the game doesn't load...

I know it's very vague what i've sed but all this works for some people and not for others and saves when it likes?

Any ideas?

Jase

NiceM

Post by NiceM » Sun May 11, 2008 5:43 pm

*Christian* wrote:Ok. I'm having a slight problem here.

i am currently installing games by using the following process:

1) Create new desktop folder called "game"
2) In that folder, i add: - Index.html (absolutely no code inside it), game.swf, and game.gif
3) I go into Arcade CP, and click "Create game install file"
4) used the following settings:

- Game Name: Game
- Description: A game
- flash file : game.swf
- score variable: game.swf
- game type: activity mod

the rest doesnt really matter.

5) I click "Create"

6) I upload index.html, game.swf, and game.gif to the /includes/arcade/games folder

7) i install the game

____

Now my problem is that the game high scores do not work. I have a game which generates a user score, and has the option to gain a high score, but when i click "Submit Score" the highscore is submitted only to the flash games site - not my high scores. This is a problem with every game i try. I have downloaded them from lots of different sites but i cannot seem to make it work.

link to board: http://power-ads.org/forum

I guess this is something to do with the score variable? :( :cry:
I think your problem is, you can't just use a flash game that's not converted for either ibpro arcade activity mod or v3arcade, even the game have a sort of highscore function it's usely just made for the site you downloaded it from.
Look at first post to see where you can download games for the arcade.
Download games for phpbb-Arcade at:
origon.dk

CrossoverX

Post by CrossoverX » Sun May 11, 2008 9:35 pm

Congrats. for the new version.

I have a question about some high-scores in some games:

Some of them are from smaller to bigger, as showing in the img.

By the way, is any method to turn it bigger to smaller...

Add your board to phpBB-topsites.com

joebart72

Post by joebart72 » Sun May 11, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi JR,

When do you plan to release 0.5.1 ? I see many fixes to apply... Maybe it would be better for me to wait ;)
I learn English with phpbb.com :)

nicois

Post by nicois » Mon May 12, 2008 11:08 am

hello here the error which I have after the update 0.45-0.50. if you can help me the resoudre has thank you.

Fatal error: Class 'arcade_cache' not found in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Mes documents\www\personalisation\includes\arcade\arcade_class.php on line 52
nicois
I am French and my English come from a translator

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Mon May 12, 2008 1:42 pm

joebart72 wrote:Hi JR,

When do you plan to release 0.5.1 ? I see many fixes to apply... Maybe it would be better for me to wait ;)
By next weekend I hope. I just want to make sure I include as many fixes as possible and don't miss anything.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Mon May 12, 2008 1:44 pm

nicois wrote:hello here the error which I have after the update 0.45-0.50. if you can help me the resoudre has thank you.

Fatal error: Class 'arcade_cache' not found in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Mes documents\www\personalisation\includes\arcade\arcade_class.php on line 52
This is usually caused by not uploading and overwriting all the old files of the arcade with the new ones. I would try removing all the arcade files on the site via ftp. This will make sure they are removed and then upload all the new files again.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 pm

CrossoverX wrote:Congrats. for the new version.

I have a question about some high-scores in some games:

Some of them are from smaller to bigger, as showing in the img.

By the way, is any method to turn it bigger to smaller...
What do you mean? It all depends on the game. Some score smaller to bigger some bigger to smaller. You can edit the scoring type by editing the game in the acp if you think it is scoring in the wrong direction.

nicois

Post by nicois » Mon May 12, 2008 2:27 pm

JRSweets wrote:
nicois wrote:hello here the error which I have after the update 0.45-0.50. if you can help me the resoudre has thank you.

This is usually caused by not uploading and overwriting all the old files of the arcade with the new ones. I would try removing all the arcade files on the site via ftp. This will make sure they are removed and then upload all the new files again.
hello
I have to install all the file one by one by suprimant old it is always similar, I do not have access has my portail(phpbb3portal 1.22). on the other hand on the forum all functions
nicois

Eliote

Post by Eliote » Mon May 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Hello JRSweets,
JRSweets wrote:Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.5.0
by JRSweets on Sat May 10, 2008 12:49 pm
Eliote wrote:Hello
Please excuse me for my English I am hopeless
But that doesn't tempt anything has anything lol
Veils I have a forum phpBB 3.0.1 I installed the phpbb_arcade_0.4.5_03-24-2008_160023 version
All this very well to pass, no problem the forum functions well.
I want to put up to date the phpbb_arcade_0.4.5_03-24-2008_160023 version
With the phpbb_arcade_0.5.0_05-04-2008_191427 version, but I have a small problem
I made you a capture of screen so under, because I am not very strong in English and it will allow you to understand my problem better.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8486/capturejn0.jpg
Before starting the installation I make a tests with the install_check.php page
and I get what you can see so over in the capture of screen
how to correct his/her/its problems please help me.
If it is to complicate too I leave the phpbb_arcade_0.4.5_03-24-2008_160023 version
Who functions well, I need your opinion before making a silliness svp
I am not on have mail to the good place because I use a translator to write you this message.
I thank you cordially by advance Eliote

That install check is for 0.5.0 you would use it after the upgrade. Run the installer to updated to 0.5.0, follow the core and templates edits from 0.4.5 to 0.5.0 and you should be good to go. You do have a duplicated permssion value u_mcp_filebase, seperate from the arcade, this will cause problems with the board permssions. I would suggest removing the duplicate value after the installation.
I settled the problem of permission duplicated watch http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/70/a ... atetc2.jpg
How one makes now for that give the rights to see, and managed the arcade svp
Here is what I have in seen it of the administration
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3677/permeu9.jpg
Thank you for your help ;)
Eliote
To the passage to the hello from Nice ;)

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Mon May 12, 2008 3:32 pm

nicois wrote:
JRSweets wrote:

hello
I have to install all the file one by one by suprimant old it is always similar, I do not have access has my portail(phpbb3portal 1.22). on the other hand on the forum all functions
If its happening only on the portal its because the block you are using is not compatible with 0.5.0. It would need to be updated. Look back over the posts as the code to do this was already posted.

nicois

Post by nicois » Mon May 12, 2008 4:14 pm

If its happening only on the portal its because the block you are using is not compatible with 0.5.0. It would need to be updated. Look back over the posts as the code to do this was already posted.
super, thank you it is resolu :mrgreen:
super good work
nicois

easygo

Post by easygo » Mon May 12, 2008 6:40 pm

Hi JR, just a hint relating to changeset 253 :: It looks like stats and cats got mixed up sth. ;)

Never mind! Here is my correction. Hope it helps.

Code: Select all

'ARCADE_WELCOME_INDEX'	=> 'Display welcome box on arcade index page',
	'ARCADE_WELCOME_CATS'	=> 'Display welcome box on arcade categories page',
	'ARCADE_WELCOME_STATS'	=> 'Display welcome box on arcade statistics page',
	'ARCADE_WELCOME_INDEX_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Controls whether or not the welcome box is displayed on the arcade index page.',
	'ARCADE_WELCOME_CATS_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Controls whether or not the welcome box is displayed on the arcade favorites/search/category page.',
	'ARCADE_WELCOME_STATS_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Controls whether or not the welcome box is displayed on the arcade statistics page.',
	'ARCADE_SEARCH_INDEX'	=> 'Display advanced search on arcade index page',
	'ARCADE_SEARCH_CATS'	=> 'Display advanced search on arcade categories page',
	'ARCADE_SEARCH_STATS'	=> 'Display advanced search on arcade statistics page',
	'ARCADE_SEARCH_INDEX_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Controls whether or not the advanced search is displayed on the arcade index page.',
	'ARCADE_SEARCH_CATS_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Controls whether or not the advanced search is displayed on the arcade favorites/search/category page.',
	'ARCADE_SEARCH_STATS_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Controls whether or not the advanced search is displayed on the arcade statistics page.',
	'ARCADE_LINKS_INDEX'	=> 'Display links on arcade index page',
	'ARCADE_LINKS_CATS'	=> 'Display links on arcade categories page',
	'ARCADE_LINKS_STATS'	=> 'Display links on arcade statistics page',
	'ARCADE_LINKS_INDEX_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Controls whether or not the links are displayed on the arcade index page.',
	'ARCADE_LINKS_CATS_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Controls whether or not the links are displayed on the arcade favorites/search/category page.',
	'ARCADE_LINKS_STATS_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Controls whether or not the links are displayed on the arcade statistics page.',
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”