[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
chatalie

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.5.0

Post by chatalie » Thu May 15, 2008 2:30 am

Hi JR, I have just updated to the .5.0 and I actually had to do a complete reinstall because of some other issues. But I am getting another SQL error:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'user_arcade_permissions' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

UPDATE users SET user_arcade_permissions = '', user_arcade_perm_from = 0

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/auth_arcade.php
LINE: 480
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_arcade_manage.php
LINE: 458
CALL: auth_arcade->acl_clear_prefetch()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 480
CALL: acp_arcade_manage->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

I think I am not doing something right when installing the arcade because I always get SQL errors. I don't even have a user user_arcade_permissions field in my database. Can you please tell me what I need to insert into the SQL to get rid of these errors? Thank you so much.
(^.^)

Brandon7

Post by Brandon7 » Thu May 15, 2008 4:02 am

Is this mod compatible with phpbb 3.0.1? I wanted to update my forum to the newest phpbb version.

Thanks,
Brandon

Desdenova

Post by Desdenova » Thu May 15, 2008 4:17 am

Yes, I would believe so, I've tested it out on phpBB3.0.1.

easygo

Post by easygo » Thu May 15, 2008 9:34 am

chatalie wrote:...
I think I am not doing something right when installing the arcade because I always get SQL errors. I don't even have a user user_arcade_permissions field in my database. Can you please tell me what I need to insert into the SQL to get rid of these errors? Thank you so much.
Hi, in this case you have neither run the install.php completely, nor have verified all necessary steps
by using install_check.php. Otherwise, the column 'user_arcade_permissions' should be there.

For any reason, just do it (or do it again)
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

fimo

Re: Move game description ?

Post by fimo » Thu May 15, 2008 11:13 am

easygo wrote:
fimo wrote:How do i move the box with the game description, so the box is shown
under "Champion - box" ?
Hi, for prosilver try this one: open arcade_play_body.html and then just follow me.

FIND

Code: Select all

{BEST_DATE_EXPLAIN}<br />
					</dd>
				</dl>
			</li>
			</ul>
		<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
	</div>
AFTER, ADD

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_DESC -->
	<br />
	<div class="forabg">
		<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
			<ul class="topiclist">
				<li class="header">
					<dl>
						<dd>{L_ARCADE_GAME_DESC}</dd>
					</dl>
				</li>
			</ul>
			<ul class="topiclist forums">
			<li class="row">
				<dl>
					<dd style="width: 100%; text-align: center;"><span style="padding: 3px;">{GAME_DESC}</span></dd>
				</dl>
			</li>
			</ul>
	</div>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
Next :: FIND / REPLACE

<!-- ENDIF -->

<br />
	<div class="forabg">
			<ul class="topiclist">
				<li class="header">
					<dl>
					</dl>
				</li>
			</ul>
			<li class="row">
				<dl>
					<dd style="width: 100%; text-align: center;"><span style="padding: 3px;">{GAME_DESC}</span></dd>
				</dl>
			</li>
			</ul>
	</div>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
WITH

<br />
	<div class="forabg">
			<ul class="topiclist">
				<li class="header">
					<dl>
					</dl>
				</li>
			</ul>
			<li class="row">
				<dl>
				</dl>
			</li>
			</ul>
	</div>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
I just noticed that there is no game decription when you upload a new game = not being played for the first time.
When a member has played a game / sent a score, then there is a game description. ??

I dont know if it has anything to do with this change or its something in my settings ?

chatalie

Post by chatalie » Thu May 15, 2008 1:01 pm

easygo wrote: Hi, in this case you have neither run the install.php completely, nor have verified all necessary steps
by using install_check.php. Otherwise, the column 'user_arcade_permissions' should be there.

Hi, thanks for that info.
I ran the install check and indeed I am missing columns. But no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall the arcade I am still missing the same columns. here is a screenshot of the install check: Image

I'm not sure what else to do. Do you know what I could possibly be doing wrong? Or do you possibly know what sql edits to make so that I can just do it manually?

Thanks so much
(^.^)

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Thu May 15, 2008 1:17 pm

chatalie wrote:
easygo wrote: Hi, in this case you have neither run the install.php completely, nor have verified all necessary steps

Hi, thanks for that info.
I ran the install check and indeed I am missing columns. But no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall the arcade I am still missing the same columns. here is a screenshot of the install check: Image

I'm not sure what else to do. Do you know what I could possibly be doing wrong? Or do you possibly know what sql edits to make so that I can just do it manually?

Thanks so much
What is your database type? Are you sure you have the latest install files in the arcade_install folder? Could you remove the folder and then upload it again from the arcade download package.

Also you said you did an uninstall, what version did you uninstall and which package did you uninstall from? If you want to uninstall 0.4.5 then you would need to upload the arcade_install/ folder from that download and use that.

easygo

Post by easygo » Thu May 15, 2008 2:31 pm

chatalie wrote:I ran the install check and indeed I am missing columns. But no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall the arcade I am still missing the same columns. here is a screenshot of the install check: Image

Thanks so much
It's mysql as far as I recall, right? So well, just to make the whole bit faster...

Here are the missing SQL inserts (ready to use with phpMyAdmin)

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_arcade_permissions` mediumtext collate utf8_bin NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_arcade_perm_from` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `games_per_page` smallint(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `games_sort_dir` char(1) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default 'a';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `games_sort_order` char(1) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default 'n';
Hope it helps / easy
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

justhink
Name: Saugata Datta

Post by justhink » Thu May 15, 2008 2:46 pm

hay JRSweets ,

I just update Arcade from 0.4.5 to 0.5.0 on our live Forum, everything works fine.. But following link won't show anything.. Actually i won't noticed it earlier version too.. Is it suppose to look like following after clicking My favorites

http://domain/arcade.php?mode=fav

https://camo.phpbb.com/fc19841920d5b856b61a37abcefd3cf5c9899b1f/687474703a2f2f6933322e74696e797069632e636f6d2f327772693232762e6a7067
Any Idea

chatalie

Post by chatalie » Thu May 15, 2008 2:52 pm

easygo wrote:
It's mysql as far as I recall, right? So well, just to make the whole bit faster...

Here are the missing SQL inserts (ready to use with phpMyAdmin)

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_arcade_permissions` mediumtext collate utf8_bin NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_arcade_perm_from` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `games_per_page` smallint(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `games_sort_dir` char(1) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default 'a';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `games_sort_order` char(1) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default 'n';
Hope it helps / easy
Thank you so very much. It is working now. :D I am beginning to think it is because I am using mysql5.0.45 and I see now that the installation was for mysql4. not sure if this has anything to do with it.

I usually have trouble with automatic installations and end up having to go back in and do it manually.
(^.^)

easygo

Post by easygo » Thu May 15, 2008 3:05 pm

You're welcome. ;)
fimo wrote:I just noticed that there is no game decription when you upload a new game = not being played for the first time.
When a member has played a game / sent a score, then there is a game description. ??

I dont know if it has anything to do with this change or its something in my settings ?
Well, the sky's the limit sometimes. Normally, the game description should be already there...
even with these changes, isn't it? :| And I thought my visual check was careful enough in both cases.
Last edited by easygo on Thu May 15, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Thu May 15, 2008 3:24 pm

chatalie wrote:I am beginning to think it is because I am using mysql5.0.45 and I see now that the installation was for mysql4. not sure if this has anything to do with it.
It shouldn't be I am running 5.0.51a on my development site and it works fine.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Thu May 15, 2008 3:27 pm

justhink wrote:hay JRSweets ,

I just update Arcade from 0.4.5 to 0.5.0 on our live Forum, everything works fine.. But following link won't show anything.. Actually i won't noticed it earlier version too.. Is it suppose to look like following after clicking My favorites

http://domain/arcade.php?mode=fav

https://camo.phpbb.com/fc19841920d5b856b61a37abcefd3cf5c9899b1f/687474703a2f2f6933322e74696e797069632e636f6d2f327772693232762e6a7067
Any Idea
If you have not selected any favorite games you will get this message:
You have not selected any favorite games.
If you have selected favorites you should see them in a list like when viewing a category. I believe this is related to a bug this will be fixed with the next release.

easygo

Post by easygo » Thu May 15, 2008 4:37 pm

JRSweets wrote:
easygo wrote:You're welcome, I'm pleased if you like it. ;)

Hi JR, just another issue...

even if there's a file missing inside a game download archive, the download will be broken; that's okay,
but currently the result looks like an eye-damaging screen disaster with a lot of aftereffect ***

Humm, wouldn't it be possible to check the completeness of the archive right before the execution?
So if not complete, there will be a break with an error message from the Arcade. I wish ***

Best regards / easy
Yeah, I guess I could check to make sure all the files in the listing exist before downloading.
Just my 2 cents to changeset 256 :: It works like a charm! Thank you :)

-IRON-

Post by -IRON- » Thu May 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Hello.
Thank you for your nice mod. I already use it on my board.
I found three bags, I'll be thankful if you tell me, how can I fix it.
My config:
Phpbb 3.0.1, php 5.2.8.
1) When there is now games and I press "random game" (I have russian translation of your mod and I can have some mistakes in names of links), I can see lot's of errors and warnings.
2) When I try to find some games, some search requests cause warnings. For example, if I try to find next:

Naive Town
I can see:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/arcade/arcade_games.php on line 227: Undefined variable: cat_data
3) When I try to search russian names of games, I can see the same error and marks ??????? instead of my search request.

Best wishes, IRON.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”