[ABD] newpost2mail: Send new posts as email to admin

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
henmedia

Re: [BETA] newpost2mail: Send new posts as email to admin

Post by henmedia »

If you need more flexibility and want to use it for end users you better should look if there is a solution that fits your needs better ...

Stefan
Get the latest version of newpost2mail for phpBB3 at http://henmedia.de | [donate USD] [donate EUR]
kagu

Post by kagu »

Hey,

thank you for excellent mod.
But i have a little problem with "indivdiual recipients depending on the forum"
when i configure excample $n2m_MONITOR_FORUM[3][] = "[email protected]"; but ther is also subforums Forum 4& forum 5 &..., then the notification doesnt work, i have to configure manually forum 4 & forum 5.But there is lot of subforums :)
Is it possible to change this mod, that that i ´ll got email also, if somebody post in subforums, or maybe is something wrong with my forum conf.
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

Sorry, but in this case you have to configure each subforum ...

Stefan
Get the latest version of newpost2mail for phpBB3 at http://henmedia.de | [donate USD] [donate EUR]
ravikum

Post by ravikum »

HI,
thanks for the excellent mod.
Is it possible to find if the post was already approved or not ?
Or, Is it possible to find the group user belonged to... and include that in the email?
Newly registered users / Registered users / Guests / Administrators etc. ?

Thanks.
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

None of these features is supported yet, however the mail is sent while the post form is submitted, so it should make no difference if this post waits for approval. I didn't test it, but there should be no reason why the mail should not be sent. On the other hand there should no mail be generated when a post is approved by a moderator or admin.
ravikum

Post by ravikum »

Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply.

Why I need this mod is :

I have to review and approve new posts by members belonging to "newly registered users" group.
I am getting many mails everyday with new posts through newpost2mail.
Some of them are by registered users and are approved automatically where as some are by "newly registered users" and they need to be approved.
and I want to know if any post is awaiting approval.

Is it possible to know if the post waits for approval ?

Please help.
Thank you
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

If it would help to have this information in the mail, I can take a look if I can implement this. But it depends on if this information is provided by phpBB3 at the time the post is made.
ravikum

Post by ravikum »

henmedia wrote:If it would help to have this information in the mail, I can take a look if I can implement this. But it depends on if this information is provided by phpBB3 at the time the post is made.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
This information will greatly help moderators / administrators in finding out which posts are to be approved without logging into MCP.

Please check if you can implement this in newpost2mail.

Thanks
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

ok, but it might take some time, I'll check into it until sunday.
ravikum

Post by ravikum »

henmedia wrote:ok, but it might take some time, I'll check into it until sunday.
Thank you.
I will wait.
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

I yet looked into it ... sorry, but I cannont find the required information in the variables at the time the post is made.
ravikum

Post by ravikum »

henmedia wrote:I yet looked into it ... sorry, but I cannont find the required information in the variables at the time the post is made.
Thank you for your reply and for looking into the code.
I will try other mods in addition to this mod.
Puma1337

Post by Puma1337 »

Hi,

First, thanks for creating this mod, it is a HUGE help for what we are doing. I have a question about changing something for our setup, or maybe you might want to integrate this option in for a future release. I'll start by just explaining how we are using this mod.

We have a forum set up where we communicate with people as well as a forum for support requests. We also use support request software to manage our support tickets. We have newpost2mail set up so that people who are taking support requests are notified whenever a new post or reply is made on any forum. We then have it set up so that on our support forum, a different email address is emailed so that it will automatically create a support case in our support software. The problem is that whenever anyone posts a reply or edit on the support forum, a new case is created in our support software because it will email that separate email address. I know there is an option to disable sending emails on edits and replies, but doing that would disable the feature for the other forums as well, and we want to keep that feature enabled for the other forums. So my question is this: is it possible to make it so that newpost2mail will only send an email if it is a new post on the support forum, but we can leave all the options enabled for the other forums?

Thanks again for the great mod and thanks in advance for your help.
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

I think that what you are requesting can be done with filtering the eMails which should create a support request - did you think about that?

Stefan
Puma1337

Post by Puma1337 »

Thanks for the response. What do you mean filtering them? How would I go about doing that?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”