[ABD] newpost2mail: Send new posts as email to admin

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ukmastiff

Re: [BETA] newpost2mail: Send new posts as email to admin

Post by ukmastiff »

Struth I'm tired ( pathetic excuse) , I wrote a tiny bit of text in the test post and I missed it in the notification.

That is just so hands up dumb !!
brushwoodnursery

Post by brushwoodnursery »

So you're good to go?
-Dan
Using all ten thumbs, rusty scalpels and blunt instruments on PHP
ukmastiff

Post by ukmastiff »

It's a superb fully functional and easy to install little mod , I've had a coffee now too so im fully awake :mrgreen:

I needed it as I've just got a 3 mobile which includes tons of e mail and browsing for a fiver a month. This type of mod means moderating my own busy little forum is as simple as a quick look at the phone so it is ideal.

TBH I picked up a book on php once and started to look at it but thought it rather complex. Seeing what such a small piece of scripting can do here has seriously tempted me to have a proper go at it and joking aside I'm usually quite bright ( honest)

Cheers

Mas
brushwoodnursery

Post by brushwoodnursery »

Careful, it's addictive!
-Dan
Using all ten thumbs, rusty scalpels and blunt instruments on PHP
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

I've added some of your requests, hope you'll like it. Changes are made in the initial posting of this thread:

New features:
  • Added forum name and user to subject line
  • Added poster ip and hostname to message body
  • Stylesheet prosilver is loaded completely for better formatting. This is included in the standard installation, so don't delete it.
  • Some better formatting
Note: Installation has changed, include($phpbb_root_path . 'newpost2mail.php'); is now called a few lines higher than before. You should change this.

Stefan
Get the latest version of newpost2mail for phpBB3 at http://henmedia.de | [donate USD] [donate EUR]
Gizmokid2005

Post by Gizmokid2005 »

This mod looks like it's very good. I will be sure to test it as soon as I get access to a computer with enough battery life to take care of it :)
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

FYI: These changes are planned for the next update:

It can be configured, if the stylesheet is loaded with the email. You can switch it off if prosilver isn't installed, you're using a mobile device and care of your phone bill (the stylesheet is loaded from your phpBB installation when you read the mail which causes some additional traffic) or even if you don't like the formatting :) - other stylesheets than prosilver won't be supported because the html formatting in the mail must match the stylesheet used.

Mails will be sent to the contact you configured in phpBB by default. But it can be overwritten with any other address. Also mails to multiple recipients will be supported.

Have to go to bed now ... it's nearly 3am here in Germany :)

Stefan
Get the latest version of newpost2mail for phpBB3 at http://henmedia.de | [donate USD] [donate EUR]
findme

Post by findme »

Great job on this Stefan. tried it and it worked.

Could you help me on this one... instead of an email to the administrator... i will email instead to a different addy. The address(es) will be found in the Post itself bounded by the keywords: [EMAIL][email protected], [email protected],[email protected][ENDMAIL]. Once this is detected in the message, it will email to the specified email address. Thanks and hoping you can lend a hand on this.
BKPortal

Post by BKPortal »

henmedia wrote:Check if there are any empty lines in newpost2mail.php before "<?", this is the most common cause for that.
Ah, should have known...
Thank you - everything runs perfectly now.
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

findme wrote:Could you help me on this one... instead of an email to the administrator... i will email instead to a different addy. The address(es) will be found in the Post itself bounded by the keywords: [EMAIL][email protected], [email protected],[email protected][ENDMAIL]. Once this is detected in the message, it will email to the specified email address. Thanks and hoping you can lend a hand on this.
This could be done in general. However I'll only add features of common interest, sorry.

Stefan
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

New version beta 2 released:
  • Added configuration file. No need to make changes to newpost2mail.php anymore
  • Multiple recipients can be configured now
  • Subject Line of mail can be configured to match your needs
  • You can configure to use the prosilver theme for fancy formatting your mail or to use just simple HTML
  • The width of the mail text can be configured
Download: http://henmedia.de

Stefan
Gizmokid2005

Post by Gizmokid2005 »

I finally got this mod installed. It works BEAUTIFULLY and I love the amount of customization that you have included also.

Keep up the good work!
hktvb2001

Post by hktvb2001 »

Hey, that is good to be alerted for new topic, but how about reply? Like, if someone reply, it will send an email too..
Gizmokid2005

Post by Gizmokid2005 »

hktvb2001 wrote:Hey, that is good to be alerted for new topic, but how about reply? Like, if someone reply, it will send an email too..
That's what it does.
hktvb2001

Post by hktvb2001 »

I have found something wrong:

When someone post a new thread, I receive the email. -> Perfect!

In the email, it contains the Forum link, the Thread link, the Subject link. Well, the Forum link is working good, but when I click on the Thread link to go directly to the thread, it appears as a wrong thread ID.

The forum link is: viewforum.php?f=9
But the thread link is: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=0 => t=0 which is wrong!!

How can I fix that?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”