[ABD] newpost2mail: Send new posts as email to admin

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
henmedia

[ABD] newpost2mail: Send new posts as email to admin

Post by henmedia »

Hi all,

As I was looking for a mod which lets me monitor my forum by email on any new written post and didn't find one, I started one myself.

What it actually does is to send a hmtl fomatted email on every (!) new post. It contains the formatted posted text, which is higly readable. Images and attachments are also displayed.

Within the mail you find links to manage this post (edit, delete, reply, contact user) and many other information such as IP and hostname of the posting user.

newpost2mail (n2m) is configurable using a config file. If you want to use the default settings, the whole installation is made in less than 2 minutes.

You'll always find the latest version here: http://henmedia.de

Stefan
Last edited by henmedia on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:26 am, edited 10 times in total.
Get the latest version of newpost2mail for phpBB3 at http://henmedia.de | [donate USD] [donate EUR]
henmedia

Re: [BETA] newpost2mail: Send new posts as email to admin

Post by henmedia »

I changed the code above for better display.

For the missing things any help would be fine :)

Stefan
lele710

Post by lele710 »

Hello,
i have this error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 1014: include(home/ilmiofor/public_html/phpBB3/newpost2email.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 1014: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'home/ilmiofor/public_html/phpBB3/newpost2email.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')
lele710

Post by lele710 »

Now it is works but up in the left user see newpost2email.php

How can i fix that?
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

lele710 wrote:Hello,
i have this error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 1014: include(home/ilmiofor/public_html/phpBB3/newpost2email.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 1014: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'home/ilmiofor/public_html/phpBB3/newpost2email.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')
Sorry, there was a typo, ist should be newpost2mail.php, not newpost2email.php

Stefan
Get the latest version of newpost2mail for phpBB3 at http://henmedia.de | [donate USD] [donate EUR]
hktvb2001

Post by hktvb2001 »

Thanks man!, I will try it, and let you know how is going.
BKPortal

Post by BKPortal »

This is great - just what I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to put the mod together.
Notifications are sent but immediately after hitting submit I get the following output at the top of the screen:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/16/d120861785/htdocs/phpBB2/newpost2mail.php:1) in /homepages/16/d120861785/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions.php on line 3391
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

Check if there are any empty lines in newpost2mail.php before "<?", this is the most common cause for that.

Stefan
marc.r

Post by marc.r »

Hi,

super mod ! good job.

'It would be possible not to take account certain forum?
I would wish to occult headings of the notifications.

Serait 'il possible de ne pas prendre ne compte certains forum ?
Je souhaiterais occulter des rubriques des notifications.
marc.r

Post by marc.r »

I would wish to add in the subject of the email: the name of the postor and the name of the forum

it is possible to add in the message: IP and hostname

Tks
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

marc.r wrote:I would wish to add in the subject of the email: the name of the postor and the name of the forum
change

$subject = html_entity_decode(utf8_decode("[$config[sitename] $mode] $post_data[post_subject]"));
to

$subject = html_entity_decode(utf8_decode("[$config[sitename] / $data[forum_name] $mode] $post_data[post_subject] from ".$user->data['username']));
Not tested, but should work.
it is possible to add in the message: IP and hostname
Yes, with some basic PHP knowledge, this is easy. See http://php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.php for details.

Stefan
ukmastiff

Post by ukmastiff »

Guys this is exactly what I am afer so I can get posts to my mobile and make sure things posted are ok
Can someone post the actual latest version of this as im reading tweak ths change that but as a non php coder would like it as I should install it if poss.

Cheers Mas
brushwoodnursery

Post by brushwoodnursery »

I loaded this and really love it. Thanks! I was thinking about pointing it to a Yahoo Group so they could get the posts (something requested). I've also installed the Primehalo mod that adds the content of a post to the notification email. Ideally, I'd want the best of both. I'd like users to be able to select forums and topics to subscribe and get all posts by email. Is it possible to work this into your mod?
-Dan
Using all ten thumbs, rusty scalpels and blunt instruments on PHP
ukmastiff

Post by ukmastiff »

Congrats it worked 1st time for me too :o

I read ths bit

" What it actually does is to send a hmtl fomatted email on every new post. It contains the formatted posted text. It's higly readable, but there are three points missing, so I hope that someone of you will add this: "

I read that as meaning that this mod sent a copy of the actual post , is that not what it is meant to do, possibly just the way I have read it :)

I too would want the content of the post more than anything in the e-mail is this possible.

Cheers

Mas
Last edited by ukmastiff on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brushwoodnursery

Post by brushwoodnursery »

Dude, the content should be in the post with this mod. Are you sure you got it right?
-Dan
Using all ten thumbs, rusty scalpels and blunt instruments on PHP

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”