[ABD] newpost2mail: Send new posts as email to admin

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
henmedia

Re: [BETA] newpost2mail: Send new posts as email to admin

Post by henmedia »

n2m cannot see these posts, because n2m is not called if the other form is used. n2m is only called after the original form is submitted.

Gruß
Stefan
Get the latest version of newpost2mail for phpBB3 at http://henmedia.de | [donate USD] [donate EUR]
pacop2

Post by pacop2 »

SuurSuomalainen wrote:Please, help us to deal somehow with that raw htmlcode-like emails sent by newpost2mail beta 19 if used with the current phpbb 3.0.7. We do really need it...
henmedia wrote:One thing you could try is to switch from SMTP to PHP Mail Function in phpBB settings, maybe this might solve the problem for you.

Stefan
I have the same problem that SuurSuomalainen. I had the php mail function, and that was working well, but the emails are been sending from "nobody" and I am not sure if this produce some kind of problem with hotmail (that thinks it's spam, and I am trying to correct it).

I've change this to "smtp", and now I see the raw code, not the html view. I don't understand why because headers seems to be ok, but doesn't work.
clarghi

Post by clarghi »

Hi,
I have another problem: random appear, after posting and before send mail, the online error "the file ... bbcode.html is missing".

The error is random and is in line 175 when execute generate_text_for_display.

I've tried with try-catch without success:

try {
$message .= str_replace("<br />", "<br />\n", generate_text_for_display($data[message], $data[bbcode_uid], $data[bbcode_bitfield], $post_data[forum_desc_options]))."\n";
} catch(Exception $e) {
return;
}

You know where is the problem?
b.r.
Cristiano
clarghi

Post by clarghi »

clarghi wrote:Hi,
try {
$message .= str_replace("<br />", "<br />\n", generate_text_for_display($data[message], $data[bbcode_uid], $data[bbcode_bitfield], $post_data[forum_desc_options]))."\n";
} catch(Exception $e) {
return;
}
This doesn't resolve the issue. I have set null in the second parameter (instead of $data[bbcode_uid]), seems it works.
clarghi

Post by clarghi »

HI, another question: I need to send only new threads of some forums to a group of users.
In the config file I can set:
$n2m_MAIL_ON[post] = 1;
$n2m_MAIL_ON[reply] = 0;
$n2m_MAIL_ON[quote] = 0;
$n2m_MAIL_ON[edit] = 0;
to send only new thread.
I can set a group, but I cannot find where to set "only this forums send to this group". How can I achieve this?

Alternative: send all new threads in all forum, but not all user can access to all forums ... so, the mail should be filtered by permission (I think this is more difficult ...)

b.r.
Cristiano Larghi
stephenramsden

Post by stephenramsden »

Stefan,

I installed yur email MOD to send out html posts to members and it is working perfectly. Thank you for such a fantastic mod.

I have a question though. My phpBB 3.0.12 forum is still sending out the default email notifications as well. So, my members are receiving your modded notification and the default phpBB modification.

Can you help me to stop the default message from going out?

http://solarchat.solarastronomy.org

Thank you in advance for your assistance

( I sent via PM by accident.) sorry
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

Sorry, but as this is not tied up to n2m only (and also can't be done by n2m), you should look anywhere else for this ...
Get the latest version of newpost2mail for phpBB3 at http://henmedia.de | [donate USD] [donate EUR]
henmedia

Post by henmedia »

I just updated n2m to beta 21:
  • Added compatibility for phpBB3 v3.1.x
    Better support for displaying images and smileys
    New languages: italian (it) and croatian-hrvatski (hr)
Download: http://henmedia.de

Stefan
Manard

Post by Manard »

Hello Stefan,

Thank you very much for this MOD. We installed this MOD on our forum three years ago , it works well.

To install in phpBB 3.1.x , it should not be done with an extension ?

Thank you in advance for your reply

Bernard
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

yes it should be done with an extension. however, as board owner, you can certainly edit the files if you wish.
the problem will be with any future updates because they will probably be simply overwriting existing files with new ones and you will have to make the edits for this MOD each time you update.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Manard

Post by Manard »

Hello Stephan,

Here is the French translation

Code: Select all

// français (fr)

$n2m_TEXT[fr][mode]         = "Mode";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][forum]        = "Forum";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][thread]       = "Fil de discussion";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][subject]      = "Sujet";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][user]         = "Membre";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][ip_hostname]  = "IP/Utilisateur";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][host_na]      = "(n/d)";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][actions]      = "Actions";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][reply]        = "Répondre";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][quote]        = "Citer";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][edit]         = "Editer";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][delete]       = "Supprimer";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][info]         = "Info";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][pm]           = "MP";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][email]        = "Email";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][attachments]  = "Annexes";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][edited_by]    = "Editer par";
  $n2m_TEXT[fr][edit_reason]  = "Raison";
Thank you very much for this MOD

Bernard
Pale September

Post by Pale September »

For some reason, yesterday newpost2mail stopped working with my forum.

It stopped first of all on one particular forum (I have it set as default to all forums) and now It doesn't seem to work the others. I upgraded to the latest version of newpost2mail and it worked once but then stopped again.
Any ideas where to start looking for a solution?
Many thanks.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

chances are that it won't work with the newer php versions. see if your host has upgraded their php version on the server.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Pale September

Post by Pale September »

Thank you for your suggestion. I am running php 5.3.28 and it hasn't changed recently.
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

I had this errors when posting:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 78: Use of undefined constant post - assumed 'post'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 79: Use of undefined constant reply - assumed 'reply'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 80: Use of undefined constant quote - assumed 'quote'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 81: Use of undefined constant edit - assumed 'edit'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 100: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 100: Use of undefined constant mode - assumed 'mode'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 101: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 101: Use of undefined constant forum - assumed 'forum'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 102: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 102: Use of undefined constant thread - assumed 'thread'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 103: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 103: Use of undefined constant subject - assumed 'subject'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 104: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 104: Use of undefined constant user - assumed 'user'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 105: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 105: Use of undefined constant ip_hostname - assumed 'ip_hostname'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 106: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 106: Use of undefined constant host_na - assumed 'host_na'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 107: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 107: Use of undefined constant actions - assumed 'actions'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 108: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 108: Use of undefined constant reply - assumed 'reply'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 109: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 109: Use of undefined constant quote - assumed 'quote'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 110: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 110: Use of undefined constant edit - assumed 'edit'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 111: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 111: Use of undefined constant delete - assumed 'delete'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 112: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 112: Use of undefined constant info - assumed 'info'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 113: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 113: Use of undefined constant pm - assumed 'pm'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 114: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 114: Use of undefined constant email - assumed 'email'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 115: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 115: Use of undefined constant attachments - assumed 'attachments'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 116: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 116: Use of undefined constant edited_by - assumed 'edited_by'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 117: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.config.php on line 117: Use of undefined constant edit_reason - assumed 'edit_reason'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 68: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 85: Undefined index: post_edit_user
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 98: Undefined variable: headers
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 99: Use of undefined constant sitename - assumed 'sitename'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 106: Undefined variable: message
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 124: Undefined variable: post_EDITOR
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 145: Use of undefined constant attachment_data - assumed 'attachment_data'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 148: Use of undefined constant message - assumed 'message'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 148: Use of undefined constant bbcode_uid - assumed 'bbcode_uid'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 148: Use of undefined constant bbcode_bitfield - assumed 'bbcode_bitfield'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 148: Use of undefined constant forum_desc_options - assumed 'forum_desc_options'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 153: Use of undefined constant attachment_data - assumed 'attachment_data'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 165: Use of undefined constant post_edit_reason - assumed 'post_edit_reason'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/newpost2mail.php on line 231: Use of undefined constant forum_id - assumed 'forum_id'
Solution:
Open config file
Find

$n2m_MAIL_ON[post]  = 1;
  $n2m_MAIL_ON[reply] = 1;
  $n2m_MAIL_ON[quote] = 1;
  $n2m_MAIL_ON[edit]  = 1;
Replace

$n2m_MAIL_ON['post']  = 1;
  $n2m_MAIL_ON['reply'] = 1;
  $n2m_MAIL_ON['quote'] = 1;
  $n2m_MAIL_ON['edit']  = 1;
Find

$n2m_TEXT[en][mode]         = "Mode";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][forum]        = "Forum";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][thread]       = "Thread";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][subject]      = "Subject";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][user]         = "User";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][ip_hostname]  = "IP/Host";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][host_na]      = "(n/a)";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][actions]      = "Actions";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][reply]        = "reply";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][quote]        = "quote";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][edit]         = "edit";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][delete]       = "delete";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][info]         = "info";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][pm]           = "pm";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][email]        = "email";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][attachments]  = "Attachments";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][edited_by]    = "edited by";
  $n2m_TEXT[en][edit_reason]  = "reason";
Replace

$n2m_TEXT['en']['mode']         = "Mode";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['forum']        = "Forum";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['thread']       = "Thread";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['subject']      = "Subject";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['user']         = "User";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['ip_hostname']  = "IP/Host";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['host_na']      = "(n/a)";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['actions']      = "Actions";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['reply']        = "reply";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['quote']        = "quote";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['edit']         = "edit";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['delete']       = "delete";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['info']         = "info";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['pm']           = "pm";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['email']        = "email";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['attachments']  = "Attachments";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['edited_by']    = "edited by";
  $n2m_TEXT['en']['edit_reason']  = "reason";
Note that this needs to be done on all languages lines.

Cheers :ugeek:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”