[ABD] Forum Favorites 1.0.5

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Agrajag

Re: [RC] Forum Favorites 1.0.2

Post by Agrajag » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:06 pm

Ok version 1.0.2 is up. This has some pretty substantial code changes based on feedback I got when submitting the mod to the ModDB. It has a bunch of minor bug fixes and changes. I tested everything I could think of in both Safari and IE6, but I might have missed something so let me know.

A list of the noticeable changes that you'd likely be most interested in is below.
  • Image icons are now part of the style you have set, so you can have different icons for different styles. This also means you have to refresh your style's imageset through the ACP after installing the mod for the icons to show up.
  • Icons for the link on the header bar have been added for both styles.
  • Renaming and deleting categories is now logged in the Admin log.
  • Activating/deactivating categories now instantly brings you back to the category list without displaying a success message.
  • Edited favorite list template to work around IE6's poor handling of the Button element. The Add/View Users buttons should now work as expected in IE6.
IMPORTANT
If you are upgrading from a previous version of this mod, the SQL schema has changed. I renamed some of the fields so that the names are more consistent. To change your existing tables to match the new setup, execute the following queries (for MySQL, syntax may be different for other database software).

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE  `phpbb_favorites_category` CHANGE  `favorites_category_id`  `category_id` MEDIUMINT( 8 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
CHANGE  `favorites_category_title`  `category_title` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT  'New Category',
CHANGE  `favorites_category_order`  `category_order` MEDIUMINT( 8 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT  '0',
CHANGE  `favorites_category_active`  `category_active` TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT  '0'

ALTER TABLE  `phpbb_favorites_user` CHANGE  `favorites_category_id`  `category_id` MEDIUMINT( 8 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT  '0',
CHANGE  `favorites_listitem_id`  `listitem_id` MEDIUMINT( 8 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT  '0',
CHANGE  `favorites_listitem_text`  `listitem_text` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL ,
CHANGE  `favorites_listitem_url`  `listitem_url` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL
Download link here and in the first post. I'll also be updating the first post with some more recent screenshots too, since those are a bit out of date.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:00 am

Very nice.
Would it be possible to show a quick list, on a users profile, the members whom they match interests with?
say "top" 5 maybe.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:09 am

Peter77sx wrote:Very nice.
Would it be possible to show a quick list, on a users profile, the members whom they match interests with?
say "top" 5 maybe.
Good idea. I'll add that to the list of things to put in a future version.

I'm also going to add a search box, where you can type in any item and see all the people who have it listed.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:12 am

Thanks, sounds good! :)

Agrajag

Re: [RC] Forum Favorites 1.0.3

Post by Agrajag » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:07 pm

Version 1.0.3 is released. There aren't really any functional changes, just cleanup requested by the MOD DB validators. I did change the UTF support a bit, so if that was giving you problems in previous versions, try this one.
Download FF v1.0.3

Again, if you're upgrading from 1.0.1 or below, you need to run the SQL queries in this post to get your old data to work with the new version.

JasonWade

Post by JasonWade » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:37 pm

ohww... this mod sounds interesting, I'll probably install this when it's released aswell, looks good :)

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:27 pm

How to upgrade from v1.0.2 to v1.0.3? There is no upgrade instructions in zip.
Thank you. :mrgreen:

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:01 am

To upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3, first recopy over all the included php and html files. Then you need to do a couple more edits and change one edit. In the modx file for 1.0.3, there are edits to files colours.css and buttons.css that weren't in 1.0.2, do those. Then you need to change the edit to prosilver's overall_header.html to the new text in 1.0.3 (it's just one line). There is also a new edit to constants.php that you need to do. I believe that should cover all the changes.

I submitted it to the MODDB again this morning, so hopefully it'll go through this time! Should know in about a week.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot. The edit to includes/functions.php has also changed slightly in this version, so redo that one too.

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:48 am

Agrajag wrote:To upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3, first recopy over all the included php and html files. Then you need to do a couple more edits and change one edit. In the modx file for 1.0.3, there are edits to files colours.css and buttons.css that weren't in 1.0.2, do those. Then you need to change the edit to prosilver's overall_header.html to the new text in 1.0.3 (it's just one line). There is also a new edit to constants.php that you need to do. I believe that should cover all the changes.

I submitted it to the MODDB again this morning, so hopefully it'll go through this time! Should know in about a week.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot. The edit to includes/functions.php has also changed slightly in this version, so redo that one too.
All went OK, I think :mrgreen:
I found just 1 more edit to do... in includes/functions.php:

v1.0.2

'U_FFAVORITES'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx?i=favorites&mode=view_list"),
v1.0.3

'U_FFAVORITES'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx?i=favorites&mode=view_list"),
Please, write update instructions in contribe folder for future updates...Thanks :mrgreen:

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:13 am

Yeah, I said the includes/functions.php file changed, you even quoted it in your reply ;) I just added it a bit late, so maybe you didn't see it at first.

I'll include update instructions for actual official MODDB releases/updates. I haven't been doing it since it's still in the development stage.

Agrajag

Re: [RC] Forum Favorites 1.0.4

Post by Agrajag » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:10 pm

Version 1.0.4 is released. This is just a bit of code cleanup, I realized I left some old and commented code in a few of the files, and wanted a cleaner version for submission to the MODDB. There are no functional changes.

If you're upgrading from 1.0.3, the changed files are ucp_favorites.php and both prosilver and subsilver2's ucp_favorites_view_list.html template files. Make sure to purge your board's cache after updating template files.

Download v.1.0.4

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:27 am

OK, just to overvrite old files with new files from root folder...nothing else for update from v1.03 to v1.0.4?

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Yes just those files. No edits changed.

Fridge
Name: Martin

Post by Fridge » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:01 pm

Hi,

I saw this mod and thought it was a nice addition to my board so i downloaded it and installed it earlier today on my test board. Worked fine so i gave it a try on my live board which is 'exactly' the same as the test board. But...now on my live board it gave errors in the ACP and UCP.

In the ACP (Forum Favorites Settings) i get this error....

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_favorites.php on line 92: Undefined index: favorites_flist_length
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_favorites.php on line 92: Undefined index: favorites_add_button_pos
In the

/ucp.php?i=favorites&mode=view_list
i get the other error

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/ucp/ucp_favorites.php on line 234: Undefined index: favorites_add_button_pos
I don't have a clue what is causing this :?

I really like this mod and would really like to get it working without any problems, thnx for your mod and help ;)

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:09 pm

EDIT: Actually, ignore what I previously said if you saw it. The ACP error is most likely caused by you not copying over the language/en/mods/info_acp_favorites.php file over. Then once the ACP module works, go into it and fill in some values (or leave them blank and hit submit to set defaults) to get the UCP module to work.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”