[ABD] Forum Favorites 1.0.5

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Fridge
Name: Martin

Re: [RC] Forum Favorites 1.0.4

Post by Fridge » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:29 pm

I resolved the problem, the mod didn't make the phpbb_config inserts, now i have manually added them it works.

Now i have another problem :D

On my test board everything works fine but on my live board i got the following error....

I made on both board 10 categories and filled them out, on a other account i copied 1 item from 1 categorie and now i got:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 574: Undefined index: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 574: Undefined index: 3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 574: Undefined index: 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 574: Undefined index: 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 574: Undefined index: 5
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 574: Undefined index: 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 574: Undefined index: 7
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 574: Undefined index: 8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 574: Undefined index: 9
Looks to me like another sql problem and not a file edit problem......but how to solve it :?

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:42 pm

The fact that the mod didn't make the phpbb config inserts indicates there's some other problem with your installation of the mod. If the mod is installed correctly, it would have automatically created the inserts. You should check all your files to make sure you copied them over correctly, especially the language files I mentioned. I would also check to make sure functions_favorites.php is copied, since that affects almost all the files.

For more details on the memberlist problem I'd need to know what's on line 574 of memberlist.php. Your line 574 might be different than mine because you may have made other edits to the file from other mods.

Fridge

Post by Fridge » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:50 pm

The question is then, how is it possible that i have a test and live board that are "exactly" the same and i edited the files only once but at one board it does not work as it should and on the other it works without any problem. If there was a problem with the edits then there should be a problem on both boards...

Line 574 is a piece of code of the edits in memberlist.php

Code: Select all

$cat_text = $favorites_listitems_text[$cat['category_id']] ? implode(", ",$favorites_listitems_text[$cat['category_id']]) : '';
Thnx for your help ;)

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:39 pm

Did you do the SQL queries included in the MODX file on your live board? Other than that I don't know what to tell you, other than to double check that you copied all the files over.

Fridge

Post by Fridge » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:56 pm

Agrajag wrote:Did you do the SQL queries included in the MODX file on your live board?
Yes, i made the 3 sql queries.....
Agrajag wrote:Other than that I don't know what to tell you, other than to double check that you copied all the files over.
I copied all the files in the same way i did it at my test board.

Are there any other sql inserts than the 2 in the config table ?

Only difference between the two is that one is a linux server with php 5.23 and the other is FreeBSD with 5.26, the last one is the test board....

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:18 pm

What version of MySQL do you have installed on your test and live boards? If they're different, it could indicate some kind of compatibility problem I missed.

If your SQL versions are the same on both, I really don't know what to tell you. Obviously your test board is not the same as your live board, or they would both work. The fact that your test board works perfectly indicates that the problem is that you made an installation mistake on your live board. If it was a problem with the mod, it would have been broken on both. You've either missed a file or an edit or you have some other mod installed on your live board that is causing a conflict. If you want to zip up your phpbb3 directory and send it to me I can look through it, otherwise I'm out of ideas.

Fridge

Post by Fridge » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:32 pm

Agrajag wrote:What version of MySQL do you have installed on your test and live boards? If they're different, it could indicate some kind of compatibility problem I missed.
Live Board - MySQL - 4.1.20
Test Board - MySQL - 5.0.22
Agrajag wrote:If your SQL versions are the same on both, I really don't know what to tell you.
As you can see they are different
Agrajag wrote:Obviously your test board is not the same as your live board, or they would both work.
Yes they are, just set up tonight, just for testing your mod and set up with a full backup of the live board, so the files and database are 1:1
Agrajag wrote:The fact that your test board works perfectly indicates that the problem is that you made an installation mistake on your live board. If it was a problem with the mod, it would have been broken on both. You've either missed a file or an edit or you have some other mod installed on your live board that is causing a conflict.
As mentioned a number of times, they are 100% the same, same files, same database so i could not made a mistake on only one
Agrajag wrote:If you want to zip up your phpbb3 directory and send it to me I can look through it, otherwise I'm out of ideas.
Will the edited files do ?

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:44 pm

It seems to be a problem with your MySQL version. If you simply set up the board on your test forum, and then copied all the files over to your live site, phpBB will think it's using MySQL 5 when it is really using MySQL 4. Check your phpBB configuration on the live board and make sure it knows it's now using MySQL 4 and is set up correctly.

If that's set up correctly, I probably have some kind of bug in my code that makes it incompatible with MySQL 4 (although I thought I already checked and fixed all those) so I'll have to work on that and get back to you.

Fridge

Post by Fridge » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:06 am

Agrajag wrote:If you simply set up the board on your test forum, and then copied all the files over to your live site, phpBB will think it's using MySQL 5 when it is really using MySQL 4.
It's just the other way around, backed up my live board and setup a test board, installed the mod with files of the live board on the test board and then did it again on the live board (confusing :D )
Agrajag wrote:If that's set up correctly, I probably have some kind of bug in my code that makes it incompatible with MySQL 4 (although I thought I already checked and fixed all those) so I'll have to work on that and get back to you.
Both live and test forum are setup correctly, i do think the problem lies in MySQL difference and will take a further look at it tomorrow.....

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:19 pm

I think I figured out your problem. You have phpBB's debug mode on. There's a couple points in the mod where it tries to read a non-existing index of an array (like before the phpbb config values are set). With debug mode off, it just assumes those values are zero or empty strings and continues on fine. With debug mode on it throws a bunch of errors. For now you should be able to fix it by turning off debug mode. I'll put out a new version that does better error checking so this doesn't happen anymore.

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:42 am

Screenshot - The images for adding or viewing the users aren't appearing. Could someone please tell me how to correct this? The cache's have been purged numerous times and all the required edits have been done. I upgraded from 1.0.2.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:04 am

Clicking the purge cache button doesn't refresh your imageset. After making the changes to imageset.cfg, you have to go into the imageset section for each theme you have installed, and explicitly reload it. The icons should then show up.

A little update on the status of this mod: My last submission was rejected from the Mod DB because it doesn't catch a few warning messages that show up if you run phpBB in debug mode. I plan on fixing these problems and resubmitting, but I've been very busy with other commitments so I haven't gotten around to working more on this mod. It'll get done eventually, but it might take a while so don't hold your breath waiting for it :) Version 1.0.4 should run perfectly if you don't have debug mode on, so if you really want/need the mod soon, that should be fine.

mitthoo

Post by mitthoo » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:13 pm

Agrajag wrote:EDIT: Actually, ignore what I previously said if you saw it. The ACP error is most likely caused by you not copying over the language/en/mods/info_acp_favorites.php file over. Then once the ACP module works, go into it and fill in some values (or leave them blank and hit submit to set defaults) to get the UCP module to work.
Could you tell me how did you resolve it.. I am getting the same error..
The ACP error is most likely caused by you not copying over the language/en/mods/info_acp_favorites.php file over.
What do you mean by this..I tried to overwrite the file as well..

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:37 pm

The errors you're seeing are likely caused by your phpbb board having debug mode enabled.
Check to make sure debug mode is off. If it is, I'll need more specific details on the problems you're seeing.

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:24 pm

I have purged all of the cache's, several times in fact, and the images still do not show.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”