[ABD] Forum Favorites 1.0.5

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
darkonia

Re: [RC] Forum Favorites 1.0.4

Post by darkonia » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:38 pm

where i can make /see the debug mode on/off
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:42 pm

MydnyteSyn wrote:I have purged all of the cache's, several times in fact, and the images still do not show.
Are you sure the image files are in the right place? Are you sure you edited the imageset.cfg file for the theme you're using? Go into the imageset settings for that theme (ACP->Styles->Imagesets->Edit) and try manually setting the paths for "Forum Favorites Add Button" and "Forum Favorites View Users Button" images. If that still doesn't work, try turning on debug mode and see what errors pop up on the Favorite List page.
darkonia wrote:where i can make /see the debug mode on/off
In the root folder of your phpBB installation, there is a file called "config.php". Open it up. At the bottom there are two lines about debug. If they're commented out, then debug mode is off. If they're not commented out, debug mode is on.

Meaning: If they look like this, then debug mode is off:

Code: Select all

// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
If they look like this, debug mode is on:

Code: Select all

@define('DEBUG', true);
@define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:46 pm

ok its off, and then i can install your mod without having any probs?
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:52 pm

Everything's where it should be. I notice, when viewing the properties for the images, it comes up like this:

http://sim.evolution-rpg.com/styles/Jed ... search.gif

Not sure where the extra '/' is coming from though.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:55 pm

If it's off, everything should work without issue. If you're still seeing error messages with it off, let me know and I'll look into it.

MydnyteSyn: Give me a bit to think about what your problem might be and I'll see if I can work up some more things for you to try.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:11 pm

MydnyteSyn:
The only way I can think of that the extra slash could get in the url, is if you had typed it in the imageset.cfg file, which seems unlikely. Do you have other themes installed on you board? Does the same problem occur for all of them?

Did you try turning on phpBB's debug mode? Does that make any error/warning messages appear on the screen? I describe how to turn on/off debug mode a few posts back.

My other thought was that your board seems highly customized, and maybe one of the other mods you have installed is interfering with this one in some way.

If you want to e-mail me some of your files I can try looking through them for errors. The most likely causes of the problem are in acp_styles.php, imageset.cfg, and the ucp_favorites_view_list.html template for the theme you're using.

mitthoo

Post by mitthoo » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Agrajag wrote:The errors you're seeing are likely caused by your phpbb board having debug mode enabled.
Check to make sure debug mode is off. If it is, I'll need more specific details on the problems you're seeing.
I am sorry..i will try that.. but could you tell me what is the purpose of debug mode..i thought its good..it tells you whether you have any errors in your board or not...

is it something else.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Debug mode is usually a good thing, although on live boards its normally turned off so that end-users don't see the debug messages. The fact that this mod doesn't work with debug mode on is a bad thing, and it's why it was rejected from the Mod DB. I need to fix some small problems with it so it doesn't show debug warning messages, but until I put out a new version you can work around the problem by just turning off debug mode.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:11 pm

runs perfect, no probs, no errors, all how you scribe.

thx for this fine feature :D

mitthoo

Post by mitthoo » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Agrajag wrote:Debug mode is usually a good thing, although on live boards its normally turned off so that end-users don't see the debug messages. The fact that this mod doesn't work with debug mode on is a bad thing, and it's why it was rejected from the Mod DB. I need to fix some small problems with it so it doesn't show debug warning messages, but until I put out a new version you can work around the problem by just turning off debug mode.
Yes its working with debug off.. but if you could tell me what to do.. i can check that.. may be some hint..or if you have already done something on it. then please let me know.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 pm

There is nothing you can do. The mod currently just doesn't work with debug mode on, I need to go through and make some changes to it. If you want to run it with debug mode on, you'll have to wait until I get around to putting out version 1.0.5

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Agrajag, I discovered the oddest thing! Apparently, I had the file edit for the imageset.cfg file in both of them! Not just the file in the imageset directory, but also the one in the imageset/en/ directory. I removed the edit from the /en/ directory and the images appear fine now :) Thank you for helping me :)

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Ah, great! I'm glad you figured it out. If you have any more problems, just let me know.

1234homie

Post by 1234homie » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:00 pm

hi i have a problem i install this mod I not see a module in acp i clear my cache and I not see acp_favorites

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:11 pm

You have to add the module to your ACP first, under the System->Module Management section. If it doesn't show up in the list of things to add, that means you didn't copy over one of the two acp_favorites.php files.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”