[ABD] Forum Favorites 1.0.5

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
darkonia

Re: [RC] Forum Favorites 1.0.4

Post by darkonia » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:38 pm

the name of categories explain ya self or?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Category descriptions is a good idea and should be pretty easy to add in.

I just finished up finals today, so hopefully I'll have some free time in the next few weeks to fix up this mod. Another release candidate v1.0.5 which works in debug mode and has been tested on phpBB 3.0.4 will be out next. Once I get it approved and into the modDB i'll start work on the next version. Next major new feature planned is the ability to make categories with pre-set choices, which the users can select by picking from a list of checkboxes. I'll probably throw category descriptions into that version too, and maybe a few other small things (I'll have to look back through this thread and see what was suggested :) )

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:11 pm

It sounds good! I await, too.
Muggins

Lurx

Post by Lurx » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:56 am

Awesome! I'll watch out for the next updates then ;)

1234homie

Post by 1234homie » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Agrajag wrote:Category descriptions is a good idea and should be pretty easy to add in.

I just finished up finals today, so hopefully I'll have some free time in the next few weeks to fix up this mod. Another release candidate v1.0.5 which works in debug mode and has been tested on phpBB 3.0.4 will be out next. Once I get it approved and into the modDB i'll start work on the next version. Next major new feature planned is the ability to make categories with pre-set choices, which the users can select by picking from a list of checkboxes. I'll probably throw category descriptions into that version too, and maybe a few other small things (I'll have to look back through this thread and see what was suggested :) )

yes, yes thanks you, your mod is great, can you add in next version option to add a Favorites in viewtopic?

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:45 am

I'll work on that eventually, but it's probably not going into the next major update. Of course until then, you can always have your users do this themselves manually. Just create a "Favorite Topic" category, and people can paste in the topic's name and URL.

1234homie

Post by 1234homie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:54 am

Agrajag wrote:I'll work on that eventually, but it's probably not going into the next major update. Of course until then, you can always have your users do this themselves manually. Just create a "Favorite Topic" category, and people can paste in the topic's name and URL.

yeah but i suggest to add a button in viewtopic pages and when users clicks on the button, they automatic add a topic to their favourites..

ravin.iceman

Post by ravin.iceman » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:02 pm

thats a neat idea.

Cammate

Post by Cammate » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi, this mod sounds great. The only thing I don't see mentioned in the whole discussing is the option of adding your favorites during registration.
Would that be an idea to add in a future version? So something like extra "Custom Profile Fields" where you can select multiple favorites in categories?

BTW, I am definitely going to try this mod.

Keep up the great work.

Regards,

Cammate.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:09 am

Hmm, so basically you want users to be able to add favorites when registering and filling out all their other initial information? I'll look into that

I know this mod has not gotten a lot of updates recently. I have just been swamped with real life troubles, including a new job which is slowly killing my life, and the couple other side-projects I have like this one. I will eventually finish fixing the bugs in this mod, get it into the DB, and start working on new features, but it might be a while :? I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and encouragement, knowing that there are people out there who are using and enjoying my work means a lot to me. I'll try not to keep you waiting for too much longer.

Typo
Former Team Member
Name: Jeremy Lorenzo

Post by Typo » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:16 am

Help me Help me. I cannot see the "View Users" and "Add" in IE on either of my computers. They show in FireFox on both pc's just fine. I am including a screenshot and would appreciate any help I can get on fixing this issue.
The "buttons" do not show no matter where I choose to place them and furthermore when the mouse hovered over the words in FireFox, the pointer doesn't turn into a hand to indicate a link/button is present.

Thanks in advance for any help, I shall keep trying to see if I can figure something out in the mean time and if I find anything I will post here.

Typo

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:26 am

What version of IE are you using? You are using the latest version of the mod? Older versions had some IE problems, but I thought I ironed them all out with 1.0.4. I'll look into it.

Try changing the button location in the ACP and see if they show up in any of the other settings.

1234homie

Post by 1234homie » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:20 am

Cammate wrote:Hi, this mod sounds great. The only thing I don't see mentioned in the whole discussing is the option of adding your favorites during registration.
Would that be an idea to add in a future version? So something like extra "Custom Profile Fields" where you can select multiple favorites in categories?

BTW, I am definitely going to try this mod.

Keep up the great work.

Regards,

Cammate.
I think the option of adding your favorites during registration is very good idea :)

Typo
Former Team Member
Name: Jeremy Lorenzo

Post by Typo » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Agrajag wrote:What version of IE are you using? You are using the latest version of the mod? Older versions had some IE problems, but I thought I ironed them all out with 1.0.4. I'll look into it.

Try changing the button location in the ACP and see if they show up in any of the other settings.
I am using the latest version (1.0.4) and this is the first time I have used your mod, I am not upgrading from an older version.

I have checked, re-checked and checked again ALL the edits and sql additions.

Aside from the visibility of those links in IE the mod is functioning perfectly in every way. Everything works as advertised and a few users have already filled out their favorites. I checked in the user profiles and on the new favorites page and everything is perfect except those links.

Like I said above it doesn't matter where I try to place the buttons (the position), I have tried all three positions with the same results.

I really like this mod and would just hate to have to uninstall it due to only working in FireFox.

I do have an extensive amount of mod's installed but I just can't see another mod only interfering with the visibility of the buttons in one browser and not any of the functionality of the mod.

I know I am supposed to leave my info when I ask for support such as website url, phpBB version and installed mod's so here goes.

I am running phpBB3 3.0.4 @ http://www.EzzyChat.com/index.php

My currently installed addons are:
  • ACP Add User MOD
    ACP Announcement Centre
    Activity Stats MOD
    Advanced Meta Tags
    Advanced Points System
    Advanced Similar Topics
    Anti Double Posts
    Anti-Spam ACP
    Anti-Spam Bot By Timezone
    AJAX User Infos
    AJAX User Registration Checks
    Auto ACP Redirect
    Avatar of Poster on Index and Viewforum
    Average Statistics
    Basic Forum Icon Legend
    BBCode Retain Selection
    Blank Template MOD
    Bump Warning
    Capitalized Custom BBCode
    Categorize Announcements and Stickies
    Collapsible Categories
    Colored Link when New Post
    Coloured Username For Bump Information
    Confession Booth
    Contact Board Administration
    Custom Title MOD
    Database Explorer
    Default Automatic Log Is Yes
    Default Topic Icon
    Display last post
    Download Mod for phpBB 3
    Email on Birthday
    FAQ Manager
    Forum Title Colour
    Future Only Icons
    Genders
    Global Announcements
    Guess Timezone
    Highlight All
    Highway Referral Invitation MOD
    Iconize
    In-line Login
    Instant Post Redirect
    Invite Your Friends
    jQuery Textarea Resizer
    Latest Posts
    Log connections
    Log New User
    Lytebox MOD
    Mark Edited Posts As Unread
    Me You and Random
    Meta Tag Plus
    Moderator Needed
    MSSTI RSS Feed 2.0
    MyCalendar3
    Named Modules
    New Topic Button In Topic
    New Post Count On Index
    NV Advanced Last Topic Titles
    NV UserTopics
    NV Who Was Here
    PasteBin
    phpBB Arcade
    phpBB Error Logging Tool
    phpBB Gallery
    phpBB3 reCAPTCHA MOD
    Popup Layer on New PMs
    Posts Per Page
    Preserve Global Unread Flags
    Prime FF3 Password Fix
    Prime Links
    Prime Link to Reported Post
    Prime Login via E-Mail
    Prime Memberlist Filter
    Prime Nest BBCodes
    Prime Notify PM
    Prime Parse URL Fix
    Prime Quick Buddies
    Prime Quick Login
    Prime Quick Reply
    Prime Self Topics
    Prime Topic Move
    Prime View Self
    Print All Posts
    Print Post Mod
    Quote 2 New Topic
    Quote User Back Link
    Send PM on Friend
    Search user logs
    Search Users Posts in Viewtopic
    Show Avatars in Friends list
    Signature into frame
    Smiley Pagination
    Smilies Page
    Social Bookmarks
    Special Chars
    TAG BOARD 4 phpBB3
    Text Hit Counter
    Th23 CMS
    Th23 Error Pages
    Th23 Font Resizing
    Thank Post
    Top 5 On Index
    Top Posters on Index
    Topic Descriptions
    Topic In Who Is Online
    Topic Solved
    Topic Title Smilies
    Trolls
    Universal No Avatar
    Upcoming Birthday List
    Update Attachment
    User Last Page In Profile
    User Name Is Not Password
    User Notify
    User Reminder
    Video BBCode Mod
    View Or Mark Unread Posts
    Welcome Panel
    Welcome PM on First Login
    100+ Bots Install Script

Code: Select all

Enhancements[/list][/size]
    And now this mod as well.

I have obviously done other updates to the site such as hacks and mods of my own that have no name to include above, the list is strictly released mod's I have added.

Thanks again for any help. 

Typo

p.s. Perhaps we could just change these links into normal buttons?  Just a thought.
Last edited by Typo on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:18 pm

They ARE normal buttons. The problem is that Internet Explorer renders buttons completely differently (and non-standardly) not only from other browsers, but even differently between IE6 and IE7. Which is why I also need to know which version of IE you are using. I haven't gotten a chance to do testing yet, but I'll work on fixing it today.

Please get back to me with the version of IE you are using as soon as possible.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”