[ABD] Forum Favorites 1.0.5

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
1234homie

Re: [RC] Forum Favorites 1.0.4

Post by 1234homie » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:32 am

its possible to add small option to allow moderators/admins to delete users favorites? Agrajag if you will have any time pls reply.

Artack

Post by Artack » Tue May 19, 2009 1:52 pm

If user don't add any favorite yet, debug show errors

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 673: Undefined variable: favorites_listitems_text
the line 673 is

$cat_text = $favorites_listitems_text[$cat['category_id']] ? implode(", ",$favorites_listitems_text[$cat['category_id']]) : '';
after adding any favorite, everything goes normal
seems same problem has http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p7331545

any ideas?

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Tue May 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Known Bugs:
This mod will not work if phpBB debug mode is enabled. If you are seeing error messages on pages when running it, check that debug mode is off. The next release will fix this problem.

Artack

Post by Artack » Tue May 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Thank's for info)

Update 10/09/08: v1.0.4
How many time need for next realese? :roll:

1234homie

Post by 1234homie » Tue May 19, 2009 3:36 pm

I think this topic should be looked and mod ABD becouse author write that he hasn't enough time to complete it.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Tue May 19, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey hey, I'm here! No need to lock it. I just haven't been getting thread reply e-mails for some reason, weird.
Artack wrote:Update 10/09/08: v1.0.4
How many time need for next realese?
Yeah I know it's been a while. That's what getting a full time 40+ hour a week job does to your unpaid side projects :P Coding for phpBB is a huge headache, and not something I'm usually too keen to do after I've spent all day working, thus the lack of updates. Especially since the longer I wait the more work it becomes (cause now not only do I have to fix the problems, I also have to install a new phpBB version to test on and get it up to the latest modDB requirements again). I'll try to work on getting the bugs fixed, although new features additions are not going to be coming any time soon. No promises on anything though.

Since I have little free time, if anyone wants to help with the development/bug fixing feel free to PM me.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Wed May 20, 2009 12:42 am

why a update, all runs clear, its one of the finest and nice runningst mods ever here..
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Wed May 20, 2009 12:48 am

darkonia wrote:why a update, all runs clear, its one of the finest and nice runningst mods ever here..
Thanks! :D Needs an update because it triggers some debug messages (which you might not notice if you have debug mode off). Also some back end code stylistic things aren't up to phpBB mod team standards (although what they complain about changes every time I re-submit :roll: ).

dragnaar

Post by dragnaar » Wed May 20, 2009 8:46 pm

Don`t working with russian (Cyrillic) alphabet.
If I create a new favorites category with cyrillic alphabet it is looks as "????????????????????"
What should I do to correct the work of mod?

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Wed May 20, 2009 9:17 pm

I thought I already went through and added Unicode support to everything, so I'm not sure why it's not working. Although I've noticed that some browsers seem to not work great with Unicode (:cough: IE :cough:).

Another possibility is the database. Make sure the columns in the MySQL table that store category names are set to an encoding which supports the alphabet you want.

Artack

Post by Artack » Wed May 20, 2009 11:43 pm

@ dragnaar
Try to replace in file acp_favorites

$new_cat = request_var('new_category_name',''); 
with

$new_cat = request_var('new_category_name','',true);
or

$new_cat = utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('new_category_name','',true));
and create new category

1234homie

Post by 1234homie » Tue May 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Agrajag if you will be have any time, maybe can you create simple script to edit users favourites system by admin???

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:49 pm

Adding the ability to edit user's favorites through the ACP is a good idea, but again I don't really have time to do it now. You can manually do it through SQL in the current version though if you really need to. Should be simple, find the rows with the user_id of the person you want to change, and delete insert or edit their favorites. No guarantees that things won't break with manual hacking though (in particular, your cached Forum Favorites page will be out of date until you update through the normal method).

I've put the code for this mod up on Github. This way you (and I) can easily track and make updates to it. If you'd like to help development of the mod, clone/fork it, make your changes, and submit them to me. You can also submit bugs through the integrated tracker.

The latest released/stable version (currently 1.0.4) is available here: http://github.com/arrakis/Forum-Favorites/tree/master

The current in-development version (which will become 1.0.5) is available at the dev branch: http://github.com/arrakis/Forum-Favorites/tree/dev

When doing this, I realized how nice it would be if there was a similar version control hub site for phpBB (phpbbForge?). Having a central place for all mod code with built in bug reporting would be great. Especially if you could tell it what version of phpBB you were building against and it created the modx files for you. Maybe a project someone with more free time than me could work on ;)

I'll be going through and adding in some of the code changes people have suggested recently in this thread, as well as updating it for the newest modx and fixing the remaining bugs.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:24 am

Quick status update: I've got the mod working with debug mode enabled locally on my machine. I think I've got all the changes checked in to the GitHub dev branch, so if you're really anxious to get the fixes you can grab it there. I'm just going to do some more testing, and then re-submit to the ModDB. Check back in the next few days for a new download link.

Agrajag

Re: [RC] Forum Favorites 1.0.5

Post by Agrajag » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Version 1.0.5 is released. This version works with debug mode enabled, adds a warning message to the list page if no Categories are enabled, and adds an icon legend to the bottom of the list page. You can download it through GitHub here: http://github.com/arrakis/Forum-Favorites/downloads

I've re-submitted to ModDB, hopefully it'll go through this time :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”