[ABD] Forum Favorites 1.0.5

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
flexx

Re: [BETA] Forum Favorites 0.3.1

Post by flexx » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:04 pm

hey :) that's me again. now I've installed the new version of this mod, but I have 2 problems again :cry: :roll:

first: this is what I see in ACP:

and the second one is this:

I can't edit favourites in my UCP :|

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:35 pm

For the first one, I might have forgotten to put in an edit in the modx file, I'll check it out. Until then, that option changes the position of the add button on the forum list page. The left option is in front of the text, middle is to the right of the text, and right option is in a separate column.

For the second problem, you probably didn't enable the UCP modules in the ACP. Go to the UCP Setup screen and click on Activate for each one.

I've been a bit busy with work, but I'll probably have a 0.4.0 up this weekend. I'll also make a quick update later today or tomorrow to fix the first bug you found.

flexx

Post by flexx » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:52 am

Agrajag wrote:Go to the UCP Setup screen and click on Activate for each one.

I can't find it :cry: ...can you give me root to this?? for example ACP -> .... -> ....
or screenshots? :roll:
thx

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:23 pm

Instructions should be in the modx file at the bottom. I copy and pasted it below
Click on System -> User Control Panel -> Profile.
From the Add Module dropdown on the bottom right, choose the Edit Favorites and View Forum Favorites modules and add them, then click on Enable for each.
Links will now show up in the UCP under Profile.

Similarly you need to install the ACP module. Go to System -> Administration Control Panel. You can add the links to an existing category or create a new one
(I recommend General -> Board Configuration or General -> Forum Favorites). Add the Forum Favorites Settings and Edit Favorites Categories modules and Enable them.
You now need to use the ACP module to set up your categories and some inital settings before the mod can be used by users.
Code work on the next version is all done, I just need to test install it on a clean phpbb to make sure I didn't forget to include anything in the file. Should be up tonight or tomorrow.

Agrajag

Re: [BETA] Forum Favorites 0.4.0

Post by Agrajag » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:41 am

Rapidshare download link has been updated with version 0.4.0. New features are listed below.
  • The Forum Favorites list is now calculated when users edit their favorites and stored in the database, instead of being recalculated every time the page is opened. This should improve performance on boards with lots of users.
  • There is now a button next to each item on the Forum list that brings up a list of all the users who have that favorite listed, and links to their profiles.
  • The add favorite button has been replaced by an image to fit in better with the prosilver theme.
  • A link to the Forum Favorites page has been added to the overall site header.
  • Fixes and improvements to the way the profile page displays favorites info.

flexx

Post by flexx » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:16 pm

okay...I updatet the mod but I cant edit my favourites in UCP..... :?

buckwell

Post by buckwell » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:43 pm

It would be awesome with a subsilver2 template (I've got 3 themes installed on my forum, 2 prosilver-like and 1 subsilver2-like)

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:09 pm

flexx wrote:okay...I updatet the mod but I cant edit my favourites in UCP..... :?
You have to add/enable the module through the ACP like I said earlier (and like it says in the DIY part of the modx file). You also have to actually create some categories first through the ACP module.
buckwell wrote:It would be awesome with a subsilver2 template (I've got 3 themes installed on my forum, 2 prosilver-like and 1 subsilver2-like)
I'll be adding that hopefully in the next release :)

flexx

Post by flexx » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:06 pm

Agrajag wrote: You have to add/enable the module through the ACP like I said earlier (and like it says in the DIY part of the modx file). You also have to actually create some categories first through the ACP module.
I've already done it!

flexx

Post by flexx » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:05 pm

sry was my mistake...I didn't activate the categories :D :roll:

jalaln

Post by jalaln » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:09 pm

Very nice MOD. :)
No more spambots for phpBB2 and phpBB3.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:13 pm

Here's a quick status update to let you know I'm not dead. I've upgraded my test board with this mod to 3.0.1 and there were no problems. One of the merges done during the upgrade seems to have erased a few of the language additions for the ACP, but that's easily fixable and wouldn't happen from a clean install. Other than that the mod works fine under 3.0.1 as far as I can tell.

I had a lot more features for this mod planned, but it doesn't look like I'll have time to work on most of them anytime soon, so I'm just going to work up a subsilver2 template and then push out an RC for this mod. It'll probably be up by the end of next weekend.

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:30 am

Is this MOD forgeted?
Will it work on v3.0.2, using prosilver?
Any news from author?

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:45 am

Hey there! Sorry I completely just haven't had time to work on this project at all. I haven't tested it on 3.0.2, but I'd wager it works unless they made some huge code changes.

I will try eventually to wrap up this MOD and get an official release out, but no guarantees when that will be, certainly not until at least mid-August.

Jaga

Post by Jaga » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:44 pm

I'm a little curious why you would have an older version as your primary download, and the 0.4.0 as a mirror download. By definition, a "mirror" is the same download off another server. I just noticed the difference, and ended up wasting 20 minutes installing an older version.

Might want to re-word the download stuff to avoid this kind of confusion in the future.

Edit: On a sidenote, the re-install of 0.4.0 went smooth, and everything appears to work. Kudos.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”