[ABD] Forum Favorites 1.0.5

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Agrajag

Re: [BETA] Forum Favorites 0.4.0

Post by Agrajag » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:05 pm

Yeah sorry about that. I'll fix that.

Is it all working well on 3.0.2? That's good, it should be easily to put out a final version then, I'll just need to redo some things for the new MODX format.

EDIT: First post fixed with 0.4.0 for both download links, and the correct URL for the demo board.

sniperkilleruk1

Post by sniperkilleruk1 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:53 pm

instead of users putting there favorates in.

is there any chance of admins adding them
so lets say i add.

TV Shows.
Lost
Heroes
Firefly

Movies
I Am Ledgend
Superbad

Games
CounterStrike
Command and conquer

and i also add a little thumbnail for each show/game

is it possible for users to only pick from the shows added to the list.
and then on their profile there is all the thumbnails for the stuff they have chosen?

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 am

I don't know about thumbnails, but having the admin set up a list of predefined choices was one of the features I was originally planning. I'll see what I can do about adding that in quickly if it's something you want. There definitely won't be any new development for at least 2 weeks since I'm going on vacation, but I'll try to work some more on this when I get back.

Jaga

Post by Jaga » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:24 am

That's what I just did with my Admin account. I setup all the categories in the backend, then input a whole bunch of entries into the Administrator account, so they would appear in the forums with links and correct names.

Darthmat

Post by Darthmat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:34 am

Once subsilver comes out, you can make damn sure I'll be installing this one. ;)

sniperkilleruk1

Post by sniperkilleruk1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:10 pm

Agrajag wrote:I don't know about thumbnails, but having the admin set up a list of predefined choices was one of the features I was originally planning. I'll see what I can do about adding that in quickly if it's something you want. There definitely won't be any new development for at least 2 weeks since I'm going on vacation, but I'll try to work some more on this when I get back.
that would be cool if you could quickly make it so that users have to pick from a list instead of add stuff themselfs. can you add/remove stuff aswell as i have not downloaded so are not sure. webcomics would not be needed on our forum. we would rather have

Favorite Games
Favorite Music (instead of bands)
Favorite TV Shows
Favorite Movies

also maybe if you alow us to use bbcode we could use

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
tags and people could also use the link tabs instead of a comma.

i think this mod could be sweet with the ability to have pictures.

so instead of this.

you would get something like this. which i feel is alot more plesent on the eye and looks alot better than just text. this was just made in a minute or two but you get the idea of what i mean.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:13 pm

That's actually a really good idea, it would just take a lot more time to program in so it might not make it into a 1.0 release, I'll definitely try to add in pictures instead of text in a future version though. I purposely didn't use BBCode because I wanted the display to be clean and simple and not have crazy stuff all over (like people embedding youtube videos and stuff).

Here's what I'm definitely going to add in the next release:
  • Ability to delete categories through ACP.
  • Ability for admin to override what URL is displayed for favorites.
  • Subsilver theme.
Here's what is going to be added eventually, but maybe not in the next release:
  • Admin can limit how many favorites a user can add to his/her list.
  • Have admin define allowable favorite choices. Users are shown a list box, and can choose which ones they want by selecting them.
  • Allow pictures/thumbnails to be shown instead of text. This would probably only be for pre-defined choices. Images would be set by an admin, users would not be able to choose their own pictures.
  • Have a separate admin/moderator permission setting for the mod. Have a moderator control panel for this mod.
  • Allow/deny users to have favorites on a per user or per group level.
If there's anything else you really want, let me know and I'll add it to the list (easier things will get in sooner ;))
sniperkilleruk1 wrote:webcomics would not be needed on our forum. we would rather have

Favorite Games
Favorite Music (instead of bands)
Favorite TV Shows
Favorite Movies
The categories in the screenshots are just examples. You can set up whatever categories you want through the ACP.
Last edited by Agrajag on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darthmat

Post by Darthmat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Agrajag wrote: Subsilver theme
Yay!

And maybe make it so an admin can take away a users/groups permission to have favorites. And for an admin to edit their choices.
Have admin define allowable favorite choices. Users are shown a list box, and can choose which ones they want by selecting them.
Does that mean that there will have to be a list for every category? Or can it go by each list, whether you want one of those or not?

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:19 pm

Darthmat wrote:And maybe make it so an admin can take away a users/groups permission to have favorites. And for an admin to edit their choices.
Not sure exactly what you mean by "edit their choices". Having a complicated permissions system thats per user or per group is more work than I want to do at the moment. I'll add more permissions options to the bottom of my list, but don't expect me to get to it any time soon. (A higher priority is having a separate admin/mod permission setting and a moderator control panel).
Darthmat wrote:
Have admin define allowable favorite choices. Users are shown a list box, and can choose which ones they want by selecting them.
Does that mean that there will have to be a list for every category? Or can it go by each list, whether you want one of those or not?
For each category, the admin will be able to set whether the entries are user-defined or from a pre-defined list. If pre-defined, the admin enters a list of allowable favorites for that category, which is displayed to the users when they go to edit. They can then select which ones they want. I haven't worked out the specifics, but it's generally going to be like that.

Darthmat

Post by Darthmat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:22 pm

Agrajag wrote: Not sure exactly what you mean by "edit their choices". Having a complicated permissions system thats per user or per group is more work than I want to do at the moment. I'll add more permissions options to the bottom of my list, but don't expect me to get to it any time soon. (A higher priority is having a separate admin/mod permission setting and a moderator control panel).
What would you be able to do in the MCP? And what would the separate permission be?

For each category, the admin will be able to set whether the entries are user-defined or from a pre-defined list. If pre-defined, the admin enters a list of allowable favorites for that category, which is displayed to the users when they go to edit. They can then select which ones they want. I haven't worked out the specifics, but it's generally going to be like that.
Yay. I just got worried for a second that every list would have t have this.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:25 pm

Ideally the admin could set what the moderator is able to do, and only those options would be present in the MCP. Not sure if this is really necessary though, moderators probably wouldn't need to change things.

Right now the admin permission that lets you change setting is the same as the board config permission. I would like to move it to a separate permission eventually.

After thinking about it for a bit more, it might not actually be that hard to deny a user or group access to the favorites. I'd have to think about it a bit more though, and it's still not one of my higher priorities.

Darthmat

Post by Darthmat » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:44 pm

When I click 'submit' while adding favorites, I get this. :(

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Invalid use of group function [1111]

SQL

SELECT count(*) as count, favorites_listitem_text as text FROM phpbb_favorites_user WHERE favorites_category_id = 1 GROUP BY favorites_listitem_text ORDER BY count(*) DESC LIMIT 9999

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 205
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 159
CALL: dbal_mysql->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: includes/functions_favorites.php
LINE: 231
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

LINE: 147
CALL: favorite_functions->count_forum_favorites()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_favorites.php
LINE: 145
CALL: favorite_functions->refresh_forum_favorites()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: ucp_favorites->main()

FILE: ucp.php
LINE: 314
CALL: p_master->load_active()

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:04 pm

That's odd, I don't get the error on my end. What version of MySQL are you running? Now that I look at it, that query is kind of poorly structured. My newer version of MySQL might compensate for an error that an older version does not. (it looks like you're running MySQL 4 from the first line, I'm using MySQL 5).

I haven't looked at this code in 5 months, so I'd have to spend more time than I have at the moment looking through things to fix this. I'll try to fix it when I get back from my vacation in 2 weeks.

The query would be better structured like this:

SELECT count(*) as count, favorites_listitem_text as text FROM phpbb_favorites_user WHERE favorites_category_id = 1 GROUP BY text ORDER BY count DESC LIMIT 9999
You can try throwing that in phpmyadmin to see if it works or if the problem is something else.

Darthmat

Post by Darthmat » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:19 pm

Now something similar but new. :(

nvalid use of group function [1111]

SQL

SELECT count(*) as count, favorites_listitem_text as text FROM phpbb_favorites_user WHERE favorites_category_id = 1 GROUP BY favorites_listitem_text ORDER BY count(*) DESC LIMIT 9999

BACKTRACE

LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 205
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 159
CALL: dbal_mysql->_sql_query_limit()

LINE: 231
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

LINE: 147
CALL: favorite_functions->count_forum_favorites()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_favorites.php
LINE: 145
CALL: favorite_functions->refresh_forum_favorites()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: ucp_favorites->main()

FILE: ucp.php
LINE: 314
CALL: p_master->load_active()

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:24 pm

That's the same error message. Again, it's probably because MySQL 5 covers up my sloppy query structure and MySQL 4 errors on it. I'll go through the code and fix it later.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”