[ABD] Forum Favorites 1.0.5

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Darthmat

Re: [BETA] Forum Favorites 0.4.0

Post by Darthmat » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:19 am

Well I'll just take the link down for now then. :/

Agrajag

Re: [BETA] Forum Favorites 0.4.1

Post by Agrajag » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:26 am

Uploaded version 0.4.1. This is a simple bug fix release to fix the problem noted by Darthmat for users with MySQL 4. If you already have the MOD installed and it's working fine, there is no need to update to the newer version. If you want to update from 0.4.0, only the /includes/functions_favorites.php file has changed.

Active development has resumed on this mod. I'll keep you posted.

^[GS]^

Post by ^[GS]^ » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:58 am

:o !! really nice work!!! :mrgreen:

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:52 am

I installed this today on a live forum and it's great so far :) I just have one question. I managed to figure out how to add the required edits for a subSilver based theme, but I'd like to change one thing.

Self-hosted Screenshot

There are arrows in the screenshot I took indicating what I would like to remove when viewing a users profile. I don't think it's necessary for my forum to have that Favorites header above each of the categories and I'd like to remove all the instances that are indicated by the arrows. Can you tell me which file I need to edit in order to accomplish this please?

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:32 pm

It's the template html file you're using for whatever theme you have. It shouldn't occur that many times, you must have programmed something wrong when doing it. It looks like the code that displays the Favorites header is inside the loop instead outside it (it needs to be outside the <--BEGIN favorites--> <--END favorites --> section or it will repeat).

The subsilver template for this mod is almost complete and will be up within the next few days if that helps.

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:05 am

Aha! I got it, thanks :)

Agrajag

Re: [BETA] Forum Favorites 0.5.0

Post by Agrajag » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:21 pm

I've updated the mod to version 0.5.0. This version includes a subsilver2 template and uses the new MODX 1.2.0 format, as well as a couple minor edit changes to better conform to phpBB coding standards. If you are using the previous version and do not need a subsilver2 template, there is no need to upgrade.

There are two separate install XML files included in the package now, per the MODX 1.2.0 guidelines. The main one, install_ForumFavorites.xml includes the main changes needed to install the mod and the template for prosilver. Follow this file first. Then, if you additionally want to use the subsilver2 template, follow the instructions in install_subsilvert2.xml.

I'm planning to re-release this version with minimal changes as RC1, so please let me know if you find any bugs. Thanks.

Download here.

atcs2003s

Post by atcs2003s » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:26 pm

i installed it everthing is fine except the add and view user graphics and there link is not working.. where should i look to fix this..

Thanks for any help..

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:42 pm

What theme are you using?

The add/view graphics need to be copied to these locations:

root/images/icons/favorites/add.gif,
root/images/icons/favorites/search.gif

atcs2003s

Post by atcs2003s » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:55 pm

ok the graphics are working but when you click them nothing happens,, it just reloads the same page and nothing looks differnet??

and im using a prosilver theme

thanks for your help :)

Agrajag

Re: [BETA] Forum Favorites 0.5.1

Post by Agrajag » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:57 pm

Version 0.5.1 is up. Fixed small bug that made the current category display incorrectly on the subsilver2 theme. If you had 0.5.0 installed, the only changed file is /includes/ucp/ucp_favorites.php

Or you can just edit in the change yourself. Open /includes/ucp/ucp_favorites.php and on line 263 change the code from:

Code: Select all

'CURRENT_CAT_NAME'	=> $favorites_categories[$catid]['title'],
to:

Code: Select all

'CURRENT_CAT_NAME'	=> $favorites_categories[$catid - 1]['title'],

To atcs:
Does everything else with the mod work correctly? Or are there other problems as well? Are you sure you copied everything correctly? (if you missed the gif files, maybe you missed something else?) I'll try to think what could cause this and get back to you with some suggestions.

EDIT:
When you press those buttons, it makes a call to the functions_favorites.php file. If you forgot to copy that over, nothing will happen (but if you're missing it, lots of other things should be broken as well, so that's probably not it...)

atcs2003s

Post by atcs2003s » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:11 pm

everthing seems to be ok except for that part

i will upload all the files again and if it still don't work

i will pm you a test account

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Your forum looks fine to me, when I clicked the buttons everything worked fine. If it's still broken for you, maybe you need to clear your browser's cache or something?

atcs2003s

Post by atcs2003s » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:44 pm

i clear my cache still want work for me,, maybe it's a IE browser issue?

o well thanks anyway :)

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:52 pm

I don't see how it could be an IE issue, it's all done server side through PHP, I purposely didn't include any javascript to avoid browser compatibility issues. I'm running Safari, but I'll go track down a Windows machine and run it in IE to see what happens.

EDIT: Hmm, it really does seem to be an IE issue, that's really weird. I'll look into it.
Last edited by Agrajag on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”