[ABD] Forum Favorites 1.0.5

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
atcs2003s

Re: [BETA] Forum Favorites 0.5.1

Post by atcs2003s » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:53 pm

yeap thats the problem

if i login with firefox works fine,, but if i login with IE 7 it don't work ,, least we know what the problem is :)

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:07 pm

Alright, the problem is that IE apparently doesn't like the forms I have set up to POST the Add/Search info, and Safari and Firefox handle it fine. The way I have it now is kinda hacked, I'll work on redoing it so it works in IE.

atcs2003s

Post by atcs2003s » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:24 pm

cool deal thanks man, 90% of my members use IE so it would be awsome if u can make it work with IE :)

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Yeah, that's definitely my priority right now. I should have the template redone to work in all browsers soon. Thanks for letting me know it didn't work in IE, since I use Mac's almost exclusively I would never have found out :P

Agrajag

Re: [BETA] Forum Favorites 0.5.2

Post by Agrajag » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:00 pm

Alright, basically IE is a huge piece of shit which doesn't implement the <button> tag correctly so anyone who wants IE compatibility has to implement annoying workarounds for what should be the simple task of submitting a value to the server through a button (it submits what the button displays, in this case the url of the button image, instead of the coded value of the button).

ANYWAY, after a lot of research and trial and error trying to figure out what part of the spec IE implements correctly, I've come up with a fix that seems to work in both Safari and IE7. I don't have a copy of IE6 to test it in, if anyone wants to test that for me.

If you had the previous version, just overwrite ucp_favorites.php with the new version and it should be fixed for both prosilver and subsilver2. Download link

atcs2003s

Re: [BETA] Forum Favorites 0.5.2

Post by atcs2003s » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:07 pm

Seems to be fixed :mrgreen:

tested with firefox, IE7 and IE6 seems everthing is working ok :)

Thanks again

Agrajag

Re: [RC1] Forum Favorites 1.0.0

Post by Agrajag » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:45 pm

Version 1.0.0 is released. Changes from previous beta are listed below:
  • First official release (RC1)
  • Fixed current category display so it is actually correct all the time.
  • The prosilver template now prominently displays the current category you're viewing.
  • Fixed favorite list so it won't show lists for deactivated categories (previously you could change the URL and it would display any list, even if it should have been deactivated).
  • You can now delete categories through the ACP. This deletes all info entered by users for that category too, so if you think you might want that info back later just deactivate the category instead.
  • Removed the "default category" option from the ACP (not sure if it even worked correctly anyway). The favorite list page now displays whatever the first ordered category is when the user first views the page.
  • Fixed the "favorite list length" option in the ACP so it actually works correctly.
  • Fixed some bugs for calculating the forum favorites lists.
There were a lot of little changes in this version, so if you had the previous version I recommend re-copying all the files over.

This is RC1. If no one reports any bugs with it in the next few days I'll submit it to the ModDB.

Elite Troopers

Post by Elite Troopers » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:22 pm

Hello,

I cant use accents (ã õ ì à í ó á, etc)... When I insert the word, the accents r converted to "??????"... How can I fix it?

Thanks, mate.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure what's causing this. Make sure your fields in your SQL database are set as UTF8.

EDIT: I just tested it on my own installation and I was able to enter special characters with no problem. It's probably either your SQL schema isn't set to UTF8 for the text fields, or maybe you have an older version of PHP which doesn't support UTF8 properly? Not really sure.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:47 pm

Did some more testing and ran into the problem you found. I can add and view favorites with special characters but using the Add/View-Users buttons on the Forum Favorites page gives a bunch of ??? characters instead. I know what the problem is, and I'll put out a fix shortly.

Elite Troopers

Post by Elite Troopers » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Agrajag wrote:Did some more testing and ran into the problem you found. I can add and view favorites with special characters but using the Add/View-Users buttons on the Forum Favorites page gives a bunch of ??? characters instead. I know what the problem is, and I'll put out a fix shortly.
Okay, thanks Agrajag ;)

Agrajag

Re: [RC] Forum Favorites 1.0.1

Post by Agrajag » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:40 pm

Here's version 1.0.1. I've fixed the bug noted by Elite Troopers, the Add/View buttons should now work with special characters. I've also fixed a bunch of other minor bugs, including one where the Add/View buttons wouldn't work correctly in prosilver if you set them to display in a separate column.

You can download the new version here: Forum Favorites v1.0.1 via MediaFire

I changed one of the language variable names for the ACP module in this version. If you're upgrading from a previous version to 1.0.1 this might cause the name to not display properly. Removing the module and re-adding it should fix this.

Elite Troopers

Post by Elite Troopers » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:46 am

Weird... I installed again, but still adding "????"... :(

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:05 am

What browser are you using? I only tested it on Safari, maybe there's some compatibility issue with Firefox or IE. I'll check it out later. Also what exact string are you using? It's possible some special characters now work while others that I didn't test still don't.

Also make sure you refreshed your template cache through the ACP or changes won't show up.

Got my submission back from the mod team the other day with a ton of little fixes I need to make before inclusion in the mod db. It's mostly all done, so expect to see v1.0.2 out soon. Hopefully I can iron out this other bug by then too.

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:49 am

I tested the string "ã õ ì à í ó á" with both Safari and Firefox 3 and I couldn't get it to mess up. If you're using IE that might be the problem, and then I'll have to go track down a Windows computer again :\

If you're not using IE, you probably either forgot to refresh your cache or missed updating one of the files. The main ones with code that might affect this are:
  • includes/ucp/ucp_favorites.php
  • styles/YOURSTYLE/template/ucp_favorites_view_list.html

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”