[ABD]simple rss mod for phpbb3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
scubaguy1

Newbie questions

Post by scubaguy1 »

Hi Guys,

Just attempted to install this MOD (1.0.4 and then 1.0.5) and have finished the installation without a hitch. No adverse effects to be seen on my forum, but then no RSS icon/feed, either! Any ideas? I'm assuming the 'root' folder is the first one in my forum structure, where the index.php resides, correct?

Also, my forum runs in German (Du and Sie) , mostly ... will the RSS icon (when it appears) be visible only in English?

Thanks for your help! :roll:

P.S. Will be happy to PM the forum's URL to anybody, who can help... :mrgreen:
palthestud

Re: [RC1]simple rss mod for phpbb3

Post by palthestud »

The mod is really good manchumahara. Works well with google reader. Tested.

However when I see my RSS page the header has the title as "Untitled". How can I replace the Untitled with my site and Forum name? Here is the link to my site
http://www.secondhandfactory.com/forum/rss.php

Xorro

Post by Xorro »

Is this mod compatible with 3.0.6?

I am successfully using it with my other forum (Pure-MPS) which is at 3.0.3, however on my new (Hyundai Coupe) 3.0.6 form, the rss.php will only deliver me a blank page. I find this quite odd as its a very simple mod to do.
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site and forums
Pure MPS Mazda MPS owners forum
WDAssos

Post by WDAssos »

Hi,

Thx for this wonderful tools. :)

Just one question:
Is ther a new version since the 1.0.5 (20.09.08) ?

Hope to read you soon,

Sincerely,
Last edited by stickerboy on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed URL: no need to post it thanks :)
Association WDA
Vintage numeric museum.
http://wda-fr.org
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Hi all,

My question is a bit off the phpbb - but i guess u guys are the most equiped to handle the RSS mod and consequences ;)

I have done the simple RSS mod - it's great.
I made it to create a rss.php file on my forum.

My problem is - how to create a php that uses this file in order to call the last 5 board messages.
and even more - can i integrate such a script in html ?

Thanks
raboof

Post by raboof »

jon_d wrote:My problem is - how to create a php that uses this file in order to call the last 5 board messages.
and even more - can i integrate such a script in html?
I think googling for 'javascript rss client' might get you some nice results.
raboof

Post by raboof »

Hi!

At linuxmusicians.com, I noticed the resulting feed didn't validate, and didn't work in the Liferea reader, because of some invalid (non-utf8) characters in a description.

Fixed this by adding

Code: Select all

$rss_result = iconv("UTF-8", "UTF-8//IGNORE", $rss_result);
You might want to consider adding this.
jyllana24

Post by jyllana24 »

Solved and Closed. Thanks

Hi,

Do you have this mod for Subsilver2?

Thanks.
Last edited by jyllana24 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jyllana24

Post by jyllana24 »

Hi,

This is really a great RSS feed. This is the one that I am looking for.

I know there will always be a "BUT" :-).

But, I am getting an "UNTITLED" title on the RSS page. Is there any one knows how to fix this?

Big thanks
jyllana24

Post by jyllana24 »

Any luck to address this issue? I am having the same prob with my forum. thanks
palthestud wrote:The mod is really good manchumahara. Works well with google reader. Tested.

However when I see my RSS page the header has the title as "Untitled". How can I replace the Untitled with my site and Forum name? Here is the link to my site
http://www.secondhandfactory.com/forum/rss.php

marksch
Name: Mark

Post by marksch »

Hi Jyliana24,

I'm sorry that I can't reply your private message. The forum admins don't allow posting private messages by people with less than 5 forum posts. Extremely inconvenient but not worth complaining about. I can't send you an e-mail for the same reason, but if you want to contact me, you can find contact info here.

I assume that you have followed all the instructions in this thread, starting with this post. It should be unnecessary to add all customisations; just follow the installation instructions and corrections to those if there are any in this thread (I don't have the time to read it all).

As you have seen already, my forum at http://runrev.info/rrforum/ shows its name http://www.runrev.info and a description on top of the page. Your forum doesn't show this. If you add this to your forum, using the admin panel, it should appear in the forum as well as on the top of the rss page.

Go to the General tab of the admin panel and click on Forum Settngs in the Forum Configuration panel (sorry, the names can be slightly different because I'm using the forum in Dutch instead of English). You will see a field "Name of site" and a field "Description of site". Fill out these fields and the title should appear in the title bar of your RSS page.

Best regards,

Mark
Economy-x-Talk is always looking for new projects. Contact me for a quote.

Share the clipboard of your computer over a local network with Clipboard Link.
jyllana24

Post by jyllana24 »

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and it works.
Also I have changed the sitename font attributes by editing the overall_header.html. I used DW and edit it using CSS.

Again, thank you.

marksch wrote:Hi Jyliana24,

I'm sorry that I can't reply your private message. The forum admins don't allow posting private messages by people with less than 5 forum posts. Extremely inconvenient but not worth complaining about. I can't send you an e-mail for the same reason, but if you want to contact me, you can find contact info here.

I assume that you have followed all the instructions in this thread, starting with this post. It should be unnecessary to add all customisations; just follow the installation instructions and corrections to those if there are any in this thread (I don't have the time to read it all).

As you have seen already, my forum at http://runrev.info/rrforum/ shows its name http://www.runrev.info and a description on top of the page. Your forum doesn't show this. If you add this to your forum, using the admin panel, it should appear in the forum as well as on the top of the rss page.

Go to the General tab of the admin panel and click on Forum Settngs in the Forum Configuration panel (sorry, the names can be slightly different because I'm using the forum in Dutch instead of English). You will see a field "Name of site" and a field "Description of site". Fill out these fields and the title should appear in the title bar of your RSS page.

Best regards,

Mark
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: [ABD]simple rss mod for phpbb3

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the mod author has not been active recently. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Thank you,
The phpBB Modifications Team
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”