[ABD] User Reputation Points 0.3.1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
cfotoceo

Re: [BETA] User Reputation Points 0.3.1

Post by cfotoceo »

I did not update the UML at all, and it works fine. You will need to run the install again but ignore the UML instructions.
astrologytree

Post by astrologytree »

Thanks for the help.

So the changes, that have been made in last installation in database should be reverted back by any means? or I should run the install now again without making any changes?
cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo »

You should not have to make any changes, if you reverted back to your old uml then run the install and see what takes place, it worked fine for me. Worst case is undo the mod and set your site back to what it was prior to it.

If you want to see the mod and what it looks like, go to www.itsallaboutmusic.net no need to join open a post and look at the member who posted it. You will not be able to see what it looks like in a profile unless you are a member but at least you cans see how it looks in a post.
astrologytree

Post by astrologytree »

Thanks a lot friend,

I uploaded old - package provided - version of UMIL and run the install. It showed option to uninstall. I uninstalled the old Mod and then re-installed the mod.

Mod is working very fine and I can see the modules in ACP. But board-index is not working. So I uninstalled it again. Still board index not working. Although ACP is working.
cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo »

Did you set up the ACP i.e. go to system then mods then reputation system then you you look to the left of your ACP in mod and the controls are there to activate it
cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo »

to the left are three options configuration, Rank and point you need to go into config and check the first line to enable the system to show on the index.

Hope this helps
astrologytree

Post by astrologytree »

Yes, I did that. Every thing went fine and forum was also working fine. But after I purged tha cache, problem occured. I think some file got corrupted. but dont know which one. have a look at www.astrologytreeforum.net

Regards
astrologytree

Post by astrologytree »

Hello,

I logged in my ACP using db_install and changed the theme to Subsilver2. And forced it for everyone. Now forum is working fine in Subsilver2 but not in Prosilver. I think files in prosilver got corrupted. So if I upload prosilver theme files, and try to replace the corrupted files, should I take care of anything special.

I am not an expert so asking another novice question. Can anyone help please

Regards
cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo »

Why not manually remove the files you installed. Hope you did not use Automod because it does not work.

Your making backups of the files you edit right? You are not doing this in the orginal file...

Example. Overall_header.html copy it then rename the original that is still on your board to overall_header001.html then edit the copied file drop it in and see if it works, if not, then delete it and rename name the back up from overall_header001.html to Overall_header.html . if you are not dong this, and you are only moding the orginal files, it will be hard to correct. Very easy to undo things the way I described.

I think you know this already but there are seperate edits for Prosilver and Subsilver.
astrologytree

Post by astrologytree »

Hello cfotoceo,

Thanks for your help. My site is now working fine. I faced the same problem again. But problem was solved this time and mod is working fine thistime. This is what I did

1) I replaced all the corrupted files with the 2 month old backup I had. Overall footer, header and index_body were corrupted. I made a separate latest backup of these this time

2) I uploaded the UMIL (included in package) and edited and needed files as explained

3) But i got the same message "Install latest UMIL version" and there were no install option. So I installed latest UMIL version again.

4) Here I again faced the same problem. My forum went weird and files got corrupted. So I manually located the corrupted files and replaced those files only with latest backup. This time these were index_body, overall header and footer.

And voila! forum was working fine. I think this all problem was because I installed forum via fantastico. I think other people facing same problem can try replacing corrupted files only.

I am very thankful to you for your time and help. Without your support it would not have been possible.

Thanks a ton friend
Best wishes
Regards
cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo »

Anytime and glad it worked out for you. I like this mod, wish it did not have the Reputation Power line at all, no need for that. I have not seen it work well yet with the settings such as, for every 50th post you get a reputation point or for every 3o days members you get one rep... Giving points for posts works fine, but I will soon test the auto rep points to check it out.

Not sure why there is even a rep power, that simply makes no sense but other than that, its an easy mod that is clear for all to use..

Happy it worked for you.
sitwi

Post by sitwi »

cfotoceo wrote:I have not seen it work well yet with the settings such as, for every 50th post you get a reputation point
Is this possible now, or just being talked about? I've been asking about this for an age (and PMs sent automatically when rep is awarded)

Thanks
astrologytree

Post by astrologytree »

Yes great ideas. I will also suggest something Which can list "Most Reputed Members" automatically on home page/sidebar

Regards
Clauu

Post by Clauu »

Ho to show Rep Power below Rep Points in viewtopic page ?
Clauu

Post by Clauu »

Another mod abandoned. To bad .. :(

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”