[ABD] phpBB Tracker 0.3.0 (Bug/Feature/Issue)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
mjd456

Re: [BETA] phpBB Tracker 0.1.0 (Bug/Feature/Issue)

Post by mjd456 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:48 pm

eviL<3 wrote:mjd456, Check your edits to overall_header.html and purge the cache in the ACP.
I don't have any edits to overall_header.html - should there be?

I have another issue - ticket details do not appear in a second column but below the main info, ie below the description, comments and 'post reply' button. It's as if the tracker_header.html file is not being picked up. Is this file meant to find it's way into the html sent to the browser? If I View Source I see that the ticket details are preceded by <div id="col2"> but there is no other reference to col2. I can PM you the URL to my tracker if this helps.

I've just installed the latest version (0.1.1), updated the tracker database as per the instructions, and purged the cache. But the above problems still exist. I have not yet re-applied the language changes discussed earlier (such as for changing the Environment field captions) so this update should contain only the tracker changes. I only recently installed phpBB3 (having previously used phpBB2) and I have no other MODS installed.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:59 pm

mjd456 wrote:
eviL<3 wrote:mjd456, Check your edits to overall_header.html and purge the cache in the ACP.
I don't have any edits to overall_header.html - should there be?

I have another issue - ticket details do not appear in a second column but below the main info, ie below the description, comments and 'post reply' button. It's as if the tracker_header.html file is not being picked up. Is this file meant to find it's way into the html sent to the browser? If I View Source I see that the ticket details are preceded by <div id="col2"> but there is no other reference to col2. I can PM you the URL to my tracker if this helps.

I've just installed the latest version (0.1.1), updated the tracker database as per the instructions, and purged the cache. But the above problems still exist. I have not yet re-applied the language changes discussed earlier (such as for changing the Environment field captions) so this update should contain only the tracker changes. I only recently installed phpBB3 (having previously used phpBB2) and I have no other MODS installed.
Inside the download there is a folder called templates inside are the edits required for the template files. You need to follow them for prosilver and subsilver2 (if you are using that style). That should fix the issues.

mjd456

Re: [BETA] phpBB Tracker 0.1.1 (Bug/Feature/Issue)

Post by mjd456 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:26 pm

Perfect :) This is the first MOD I've ever applied to phpBB and I overlooked the xml files in the templates folder. Many thanks for your prompt help and patience!

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:58 am

Posted error to the Tracker on your site. Apparently you didn't add the "project_name_clean" to the SQL in the installer.

http://www.jeffrusso.net/forum/tracker.php?p=2&t=13

NOTE:
I went back and reran the installer. Running it as if I had never ran it before and it ran. I went to the tracker and it gave me the message "You do not have the permission to view the tracker. If you believe this is an error please contact the board administrator." Which makes me think the installer needs to be looked at as it ran fine the first time with no errors.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

skilly

Post by skilly » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:27 am

I'm also getting the ""project_name_clean"" error

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:33 am

This has now been fixed. I was only effecting new installations of 0.1.1. I would suggest either downloading 0.1.0 installating it then upgrading to 0.1.1, or waiting for 0.1.2. Which will probably be released tomorrow since this is a big bug... :oops:

The older version is located http://www.jeffrusso.net/forum/viewtopi ... =21&t=1410

http://trac2.assembla.com/phpBB_Tracker/changeset/75

EDIT:
I will package up 0.1.2 tommorrow with will fix the issue by upgrading from 0.1.1 -> 0.1.2 or doing a fresh install.

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:11 am

JRSweets wrote:
ScionCrow wrote:Image

Well, just in case, there's something to look at. I think it might be the table columns I have to edit probably, but that I'm not necessarily sure.
That is a tough one with actually having the style installed and being able to see it myself. The tracker uses css code to display the two columns, maybe the table width is fixed and not set as a percentage?
I'll have a look when I get a chance and see about that. I'll see about what the difference is from the forum list compared to how the tracker is displayed and see what I can figure out.

[edit]
Aha.. after updating to 0.1.1 (since I had 0.1.0 installed anyway), I tinkered around with the view_body for the tracker and after a while, I changed the column value of the text area to fit in with the style. Took me like 5 times to get it right, but I got everything where I need it now.
No longer supporting phpBB. PM or email me regarding support and you will be ignored. I'm fully done with phpBB and everything.

JRSweets

Re: [BETA] phpBB Tracker 0.1.2 (Bug/Feature/Issue)

Post by JRSweets » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:00 pm

@ScionCrow
Glad you got it worked out. :D

I have posted a new version to fix the errors that happened with a fresh install of 0.1.1. Just reupload all the files and run the installer chosing the option to update to the latest. The other option would be to uninstall the 0.1.1 db (by using the installer from 0.1.1 and choosing uninstall) then upload all the 0.1.2 files and do a fresh install.

If you have any issues let me know.

mjd456

Post by mjd456 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:32 am

phpBB Tracker is working well and it is going to be a great help! I have a couple of requests.
  1. I would like to restrict access by User Group at the Project level. With my application I have set up three projects in Tracker - a Feature Request project, a Bug Tracker project for the current release of my application, and a Bug Tracker project for the beta testers of the next release of my application. Ideally I would like only users in my Beta Test User Group to be able to see and use the beta test project. As I understand it, once I make the Tracker available to all registered users then they will all be able to access all projects, including the beta test bug tracker project.
  2. On the Tracker page, where the projects are listed, it would be useful to be able to include the number of new tickets against each project, or (preferably) an indication that tickets have been added or changed since my last visit. I don't know if that's feasible, but my situation is that I'd like to come to the Tracker page and be able to see immediately if any of my users has entered or changed anything since my last visit.
btw, there's a small typo on the ACP 'Manage Settings' page for the Tracker. The last word in the 'Send Email' description is 'chagned' instead of 'changed'.

Regards,
Mike

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:41 am

mjd456 wrote:phpBB Tracker is working well and it is going to be a great help! I have a couple of requests.
  1. I would like to restrict access by User Group at the Project level. With my application I have set up three projects in Tracker - a Feature Request project, a Bug Tracker project for the current release of my application, and a Bug Tracker project for the beta testers of the next release of my application. Ideally I would like only users in my Beta Test User Group to be able to see and use the beta test project. As I understand it, once I make the Tracker available to all registered users then they will all be able to access all projects, including the beta test bug tracker project.
  2. On the Tracker page, where the projects are listed, it would be useful to be able to include the number of new tickets against each project, or (preferably) an indication that tickets have been added or changed since my last visit. I don't know if that's feasible, but my situation is that I'd like to come to the Tracker page and be able to see immediately if any of my users has entered or changed anything since my last visit.
The first one will probably not happen anytime soon. The reason being I would like to use the permission system thats built into phpbb3. However adding local permissions (forum level permissions) only works for the forum and could not be adapted without huge code changes to the core phpbb permissions system. Something I won't do. I am hopeful the permission system will be expanded in the future to take this into account. http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/ascraeus/tick ... t_id=22905

The second one is something that will be added in the near future.
mjd456 wrote:btw, there's a small typo on the ACP 'Manage Settings' page for the Tracker. The last word in the 'Send Email' description is 'chagned' instead of 'changed'.
Thanks I will fix this...

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Ok here's dense question but I just need some clarification. What's the difference between an Issue and a Bug?
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:09 pm

bonelifer wrote:Ok here's dense question but I just need some clarification. What's the difference between an Issue and a Bug?
An bug would be a problem in the code, an issue would be support issues.

freegamer

Post by freegamer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:39 pm

This looks very promising. Does it work with php4? Is it likely to change much in future versions? (I don't want to install something too unstable and have to deal with future admin headaches.)

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:52 pm

freegamer wrote:This looks very promising. Does it work with php4? Is it likely to change much in future versions? (I don't want to install something too unstable and have to deal with future admin headaches.)
I am using php5, but I think it should work on php4 although I have not tried it. The only thing that is left to be added is some type of notification of new tickets/posts. Other than that its pretty much all set. I will provide upgrade scripts and instructions for all future versions.

mjd456

Post by mjd456 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:53 pm

freegamer wrote:This looks very promising. Does it work with php4? Is it likely to change much in future versions? (I don't want to install something too unstable and have to deal with future admin headaches.)
I'm using it with php 4.4.4 and mySql 4.1.16. Works well.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”