[ABD] phpBB Tracker 0.3.0 (Bug/Feature/Issue)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
MydnyteSyn

Re: [BETA] phpBB Tracker 0.2.0 (Bug/Feature/Issue)

Post by MydnyteSyn » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:06 pm

No. When I view the modules in the .MODS section, it doesn't show up. If I go to System -> Admin Control Panel -> .MODS, I see it in there. Everything is enabled and I even moved it up so it's the first one that appears, but it's not showing up in the .MODS tab section itself. I uploaded the install folder again and went to http://myurl.com/install/install_verify.php and all I got was a blank page.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:49 pm

MydnyteSyn wrote:No. When I view the modules in the .MODS section, it doesn't show up. If I go to System -> Admin Control Panel -> .MODS, I see it in there. Everything is enabled and I even moved it up so it's the first one that appears, but it's not showing up in the .MODS tab section itself. I uploaded the install folder again and went to http://myurl.com/install/install_verify.php and all I got was a blank page.
Its a permission problem (you must have duplicate permissions in the acl_options table), goto http://myurl.com/install/ and click the tab that says verify...

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:44 pm

Okay, I did that and this is what it said:
Duplicate auth values can cause problems with permissions. The following duplicate auth values were found inside the phpbb_acl_options table:
a_cpgadmin was found 2 times
m_cpgadmin was found 2 times
I found the duplicate entries in the phpMyAdmin, but how do I know which ones to delete?

PS: Thank you for helping me :)

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:08 pm

MydnyteSyn wrote:Okay, I did that and this is what it said:
Duplicate auth values can cause problems with permissions. The following duplicate auth values were found inside the phpbb_acl_options table:
a_cpgadmin was found 2 times
m_cpgadmin was found 2 times
I found the duplicate entries in the phpMyAdmin, but how do I know which ones to delete?

PS: Thank you for helping me :)
Either talk to the mod author whose mod added them or just delete one of each.

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Thank you :) I got it now.

JRSweets

Re: [BETA] phpBB Tracker 0.3.0 (Bug/Feature/Issue)

Post by JRSweets » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:03 pm

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Looks pretty good.

I ran into a few issues trying to install with incorrect cookie settings (they were not working correctly locally for some reason). None of the pages in the installer used append_sid, so it lost the sid every time.

Guests can't seem to post to the tracker even if they have permission to...

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:59 am

EXreaction wrote:Looks pretty good.

I ran into a few issues trying to install with incorrect cookie settings (they were not working correctly locally for some reason). None of the pages in the installer used append_sid, so it lost the sid every time.

Guests can't seem to post to the tracker even if they have permission to...
Hmm... I just use a modified verision of the phpbb install script to install the mod.

I will look into the issue with the guest posting. Thanks.

EDIT:
The following will allow guest to post if they have the correct permission.
http://code.assembla.com/phpBB_Tracker/ ... gesets/245

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Have you taken a look at UMIL for future releases?
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/umil/

That patch does work to give guests posting permission. :)

While trying to post a test bug with a guest, I tried attaching a .xps file and a few other extensions that are not allowed anywhere I had and got this error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/tracker/tracker_api.php on line 227: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array
Works fine when the attachment is allowed though. What does it check for allowed extensions?

One other minor thing,
Reported by: Anonymous (Send PM)

Send PM should probably check to see if the user can send PM's. :)

Otherwise, from what I've tested, everything looks great so far. :mrgreen:

A_O_C

Post by A_O_C » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm

EXreaction wrote:One other minor thing,

or recieve (how would you check the anonymous pm inbox?)

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:01 am

EXreaction wrote:Have you taken a look at UMIL for future releases?
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/umil/

That patch does work to give guests posting permission. :)

While trying to post a test bug with a guest, I tried attaching a .xps file and a few other extensions that are not allowed anywhere I had and got this error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/tracker/tracker_api.php on line 227: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array
Works fine when the attachment is allowed though. What does it check for allowed extensions?

One other minor thing,

Otherwise, from what I've tested, everything looks great so far. :mrgreen:
I just added the ability to have guest use a captcha when posting and fixed the pm link issue.

For the allowed attachements it takes the global allowed attachments for the board. I just fixed that error. I am not completely happy with the attachments. I plan to allow multiple attachments eventually, I just don't have the time or energy at the moment to dive into it. Unless you could be intrested in helping? ;)

I did notice the UMIL but I decided to use my own installation script. I do not like the idea of having the users having to download another thing to install the mod. Also I am very comfortable with my own installation script and how it functions and have used for all my mods.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:46 am

JRSweets wrote:I just added the ability to have guest use a captcha when posting and fixed the pm link issue.

For the allowed attachements it takes the global allowed attachments for the board. I just fixed that error. I am not completely happy with the attachments. I plan to allow multiple attachments eventually, I just don't have the time or energy at the moment to dive into it. Unless you could be intrested in helping? ;)

I did notice the UMIL but I decided to use my own installation script. I do not like the idea of having the users having to download another thing to install the mod. Also I am very comfortable with my own installation script and how it functions and have used for all my mods.
Great :)

Attachments are a real PITA. I think just having one attachment is alright for now, if the user must they could throw multiple ones in an archive. For the User Blog Mod I copied the attachments system from phpBB3. Attachments are one of the really bad parts about phpBB3 (that and the search system), getting a mod to work with the existing ones doesn't work too well and building a new one is a lot of work.

When using UMIL, it's going to be required that it be packaged along with the mod or it won't be validated. Whatever is easiest for you, but you should give it a try once. Download UMIL and the documentation archive and take a look at the install script code and what it does. :)

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:29 pm

I would also like to request a feature. :P

Would you consider having the option of putting a list of say, the 10 most recent open tickets on the main tracker page at the bottom? That might be helpful when you have a bunch of trackers, but very few items in them. If you'd consider it, I'd also have the option to enable/disable that section in the ACP. :)

jameshiscott

Post by jameshiscott » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:19 am

Yes i think that a lite of "top new bugs" would be very nice, it owuld need to take into account the user groups.

But anywya 0.3 is so much better. thanks for all your hard work we now use this as our full time bug tracker

:D

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:30 pm

I will look at adding this for the next release. Thanks. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”