[ABD] Simple Topic Description 0.0.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
idiotnesia
Registered User
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:58 am
Location: www.phpbbindonesia.com
Name: Pungky Putra
Contact:

[ABD] Simple Topic Description 0.0.2

Post by idiotnesia » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:23 am

Title: Simple topic description 0.0.2
Author: idiotnesia
Version: 0.0.2

Description:
This will add topic description for your board

Note:
The topic description displayed in viewforum, viewtopic, and search results

Changelog 0.0.1 - 0.0.2
- Fix return zero when user doesn't enter description.
- Display topic description in viewtopic and search result.
- Subsilver2 support.
- Tested and worked with phpBB 3.0.1

Donation:
Paypal ID: pungkerz@gmail.com
Yopur donation will help in developing this mod

Download: http://mod.web.id/download/?simple_topi ... _0_0_2.zip
Screenshoots:

Image
Last edited by idiotnesia on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

mdvaldosta
Registered User
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:26 am
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by mdvaldosta » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:57 am

Simple, but very useful. Very nice.

nonoka
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:41 pm

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by nonoka » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Nice mod. Thank you very much. :D

moustafamin
Registered User
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:10 am

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by moustafamin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:52 am

subscribed to this topic... waiting for it

annepenullar
Registered User
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:01 am

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by annepenullar » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:46 am

Hello, please make this work for Topic Preview. Thank you.

idiotnesia
Registered User
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:58 am
Location: www.phpbbindonesia.com
Name: Pungky Putra
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by idiotnesia » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:03 am

annepenullar wrote:Hello, please make this work for Topic Preview. Thank you.
I will consider it

jackane24
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:46 am

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by jackane24 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:47 am

I'm getting an error.
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Column 'forum_id' cannot be null [1048]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_topics (topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, icon_id, topic_approved, topic_title, topic_description, topic_first_poster_name, topic_first_poster_colour, topic_type, topic_time_limit, topic_attachment) VALUES (74, 1205044917, NULL, NULL, 1, 'TEST', NULL, 'MY USERNAME HERE', '', '', 0, 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1895
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 1020
CALL: submit_post()
I've tried the following in posting.php on line 1020
$redirect_url = submit_post($mode, $post_data['post_subject'], $post_data['topic_description'], $post_data['username'], $post_data['topic_type'], $poll, $data, $update_message);
but no difference.

jackane24
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:46 am

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by jackane24 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:10 am

I really need a quick fix please. I forgot to back up my database before I did it.

Alternatively, can somebody please tell me how to drop these SQL tables please?
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_drafts` ADD `draft_description` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_topics` ADD `topic_description` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Kharon
Registered User
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:27 pm

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by Kharon » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:28 am

Hi,idiotnesia

Sorry my english very very bad.. :)

request..

Permissions + Groups’ forum permissions ?

example:

Administrators : can topic description (yes)
Registered Users : can topic description (no)
Private User: can topic description (yes)

thank you

Stéph
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:22 pm

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by Stéph » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:30 pm

Hello

Your mod works very well. :D

But it is not in "viewtopic"

Could you provide the answer :roll:

Thanks you ;)

User avatar
Sr X
Registered User
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:25 am

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by Sr X » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:18 pm

is possible these requests:
1-Set in forum permissions to enable/disable the mod (to show and write descriptions) for specific forums
2-Show topic descriptions in search pages.

thanks.

idiotnesia
Registered User
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:58 am
Location: www.phpbbindonesia.com
Name: Pungky Putra
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by idiotnesia » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:41 am

jackane24 wrote:I'm getting an error.
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Column 'forum_id' cannot be null [1048]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_topics (topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, icon_id, topic_approved, topic_title, topic_description, topic_first_poster_name, topic_first_poster_colour, topic_type, topic_time_limit, topic_attachment) VALUES (74, 1205044917, NULL, NULL, 1, 'TEST', NULL, 'MY USERNAME HERE', '', '', 0, 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1895
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 1020
CALL: submit_post()
I've tried the following in posting.php on line 1020
$redirect_url = submit_post($mode, $post_data['post_subject'], $post_data['topic_description'], $post_data['username'], $post_data['topic_type'], $poll, $data, $update_message);
but no difference.
where do you get this problem?
post new topic, post reply, edit...

idiotnesia
Registered User
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:58 am
Location: www.phpbbindonesia.com
Name: Pungky Putra
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by idiotnesia » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:43 am

idiotnesia wrote:
annepenullar wrote:Hello, please make this work for Topic Preview. Thank you.
I will consider it
Stéph wrote:Hello

Your mod works very well. :D

But it is not in "viewtopic"

Could you provide the answer :roll:

Thanks you ;)
Kharon wrote:Hi,idiotnesia

Sorry my english very very bad.. :)

request..

Permissions + Groups’ forum permissions ?

example:

Administrators : can topic description (yes)
Registered Users : can topic description (no)
Private User: can topic description (yes)

thank you
Sr X wrote:is possible these requests:
1-Set in forum permissions to enable/disable the mod (to show and write descriptions) for specific forums
2-Show topic descriptions in search pages.

thanks.
with these more features, this mod will not be simple again :D :D
btw thanks for your support and request....

I will consider it for the next release

Stéph
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:22 pm

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by Stéph » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:01 am

idiotnesia wrote:with these more features, this mod will not be simple again :D :D
btw thanks for your support and request....

I will consider it for the next release
I find it unfortunate in the viewtopic it is not visible, there is a lack.

Greetings ;)

idiotnesia
Registered User
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:58 am
Location: www.phpbbindonesia.com
Name: Pungky Putra
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Simple Topic Description 0.0.1

Post by idiotnesia » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:06 am

for the next release i will add topic description in viewtopic and search result page. and about permission I will add an addon for that.

thx for your support

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”