[ABD] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
thebutcher

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.1)

Post by thebutcher »

hi there hello all,

what is supportet by the mod. Are the following things included in the RSS-Feed:

message - body
thread-title
timestamp
poster-name!? Would be interesting...
and what elese - !?

i look forward to the mod.

Above all - keep up the great work
regards
butch
thebutcher

Post by thebutcher »

hi Brandpreventie

tx for posting. you are a valid poster!
Brandpreventie wrote:I have a problem that the mod is posting the feeds in future time and when i react, my post is above the original one, see: http://www.jongeren-forum.nl/geenstijl/ ... t1065.html
The My timezone is set right for the user wich is used to post. What could this problem be?

lemme know - is this an example:
http://www.jongeren-forum.nl/geenstijl/ ... t1065.html

lemme know - is this an example:

thx for posting - htx for answering

butch
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello thebutcher,

the demo for this mod is :arrow: there ...
thebutcher

Post by thebutcher »

hi Smix,

thx for the quick reply. And above all: Thx for the great module. It rocks. I love it and all it great options. But so far i do not know what it does and what it can do. I only know the ordinary RSS-Scripts. I only know the common ones. Yours i have been told yesterday. I came here to get more information. So i am brandnew to your great module.
Smix wrote:Hello thebutcher,
the demo for this mod is :arrow: there ...
well - the question is the following;: what is supportet by the mod.

message - body
thread-title
timestamp
poster-name!? Would be interesting... IS the poster - included.
and what elese - !?

Well - to ask it in other words: Can you do something like to "rebuild" or "mirror" this thread here in your board via the last RSS autoposting bot MOD ? Is this kind of duplication possible. Does the mod fit this need?

A simple RSS does supply most of these "mirror ideas" . but only most of them.

Therefore you have to adjust the RSS-Feed. But i am very interested in the special features of your
last RSS autoposting bot MOD .

Keep up your great work - i look forward to the mod.
Above all - keep up the great work

the butch

By the way: I have muse sometime bout my understanding of RSS-streams. So some thhings come up to mind. Does it depend what can be RSSified - does it depend on what the donation (or Source-PAGE) offers to rss-stream. What do i mean here?

To give an example. If this site here alllows to rss-ifiy all the data - then you can grab or get all kind of data. But: if this site does not allow you to get certain data - then you wont get them... whatever you will do and undertake... !? IS this correct...!? Look forward to hear from you...
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello,
I'm bit confused (too many questions :lol:), but I'll try to answer everything ...
message - body
thread-title
timestamp
poster-name!? Would be interesting... IS the poster - included.
and what elese - !?
At first, this mod is only posting content of RSS feed to new topic in chosen forum and poster (postername) "must" be a registered phpBB user (but it's posible to make it posted "anonymous") ... Poster isn't included, it's just another phpBB account on your forum ...

If you are asking, which RSS tags are used for posting, then I'm parsing all RSS tags. At this time I'm using title, description, link, author & copyright, lastBuildDate (which is causing a bug with post time and replies now) ... In future versions I'll try to use most of the tags, which are usable and contain some data.

About "mirroring" the feed - I was already asked if this mod can "update" feeds into specified topic and I think it's interesting and I'll try to make it ... At this time, I'm absolutely unable to say if I am able to do this :( , because I've already tested something like that and I think from my tests with (medium) long feeds, it's not good, because it must load very long RSS file ... and than you'll get a blank page, because server's time for the script runs out - many users/servers already reported it with the simple agregator/ap_bot mod core yet - so I don't know if I can make it (btw. it's not caused by the mod itself, but by the loading with curl/fopen - and there is no alternative to do it)

And about the rest. As was already discussed in this topic and in topic of my the other mod, most problems is caused by RSS feeds, which are not valid. In RSS are some tags required and some are volunteer. If required tags are not available, (I think that) I'm replacing it with space (' ') ... If not required tags are not available, than I'm not doing anything ... Post's content is absolutely dependent on RSS's content and I'm only styling it (very simply at this time) and adding Copyright notice with link to original.
thebutcher

Post by thebutcher »

hello Smix,

thx for the quick reply.

Smix wrote:Hello,
I'm bit confused (too many questions :lol:), but I'll try to answer everything ...
At first, this mod is only posting content of RSS feed to new topic in chosen forum and poster (postername) "must" be a registered phpBB user (but it's posible to make it posted "anonymous") ... Poster isn't included, it's just another phpBB account on your forum ...
If you are asking, which RSS tags are used for posting, then I'm parsing all RSS tags. At this time I'm using title, description, link, author & copyright, lastBuildDate (which is causing a bug with post time and replies now) ... In future versions I'll try to use most of the tags, which are usable and contain some data.

You say: ...
...is only posting content of RSS feed to new...

well - you do not fetch information - you send information. Is this right!?
Well - then the question of mirroring cannot be the quesion.
About "mirroring" the feed - I was already asked if this mod can "update" feeds into specified topic and I think it's interesting and I'll try to make it ... At this time, I'm absolutely unable to say if I am able to do this :( , because I've already tested something like that and I think from my tests with (medium) long feeds, it's not good, because it must load very long RSS file ... and than you'll get a blank page, because server's time for the script runs out - many users/servers already reported it with the simple agregator/ap_bot mod core yet - so I don't know if I can make it (btw. it's not caused by the mod itself, but by the loading with curl/fopen - and there is no alternative to do it)
that is great :
"mirroring" the feed - I was already asked if this mod can "update" feeds into specified topic
well Smix, the feature of mirroring could be great. I look forward to hear more about this. Can u explain this a bit more. In my words: Can u mirror a little f orum or can you mirror this thread into your forum - at your server....!?

look forward to hear more about this and perpaps you can give some examples or show a demo - especially aobut the mirror-issue. THE question is: is mirroring possible. ... and how does it function and how does it look like...!?

thx for all - and above all; keep up the great work. it rocks

the butch
Last edited by thebutcher on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smix

Post by Smix »

thebutcher wrote:well - you do not fetch information - you send information. Is this right!?
Well - then the question of mirroring cannot be the quesion.
... well I'm not creating/forging the content :lol: ... Of course it fetch RSS feed content and then post it.

And about mirroring - yes, I can mirror any RSS file. If you'll have some kind of RSS generator (such as this, but I didn't tested it so I'm guessing it fits) on your board installed, I can monitor the feed and than post the new content ... At this time, the mod is posting only a new topic - not a new post into existing topic or updating the topic itself ...
I don't have anything to say more about "mirroring" - I didn't developed it yet :lol: (I've only tested some kind of algorithm which was trying to check long feed if the content wasn't already posted)
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

Very good mod :) It wil be perfect when you can set options in CPA.

The number of characters is too small too... ;)
I learn English with phpbb.com :)
thebutcher

Post by thebutcher »

hello Smix,

thanks for the quick reply. GREAT to hear from you.
Smix wrote:
thebutcher wrote:well - you do not fetch information - you send information. Is this right!?
Well - then the question of mirroring cannot be the quesion. And about mirroring - yes, I can mirror any RSS file. If you'll have some kind of RSS generator. I can monitor the feed and than post the new content ... At this time, the mod is posting only a new topic - not a new post into existing topic or updating the topic itself ...
that sounds good.
mirroring: I can monitor the feed and than post the new content ... At this time, the mod is posting only a new topic - not a new post into existing topic or updating the topic itself
That is not bad. BUT if you can do the update of a thread that would be great.

Well, that would make necessary that you monitor the threads in a forum category. To post into existing topic or updating the topic itself. Can this be done!? Do you have any tests running - do you have any experience in this.

Smix, i look forwad to hear from you!

butch

ps - keep up your great project.
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello Joebart,
Thanks ;) ACP will be available when we'll reach BETA versions ;)

4 Butcher :
:lol: there is really nothing more to say :lol:
It's not necessary to monitor all posts - we can save the topic_id after first posting and than update this topic only ...There is no demo and I didn't made any more test or development steps for this yet ... (as I already said)
thebutcher

the syndicate of certain posts and topics for forums...etc

Post by thebutcher »

hi Smix

thx for the message. great to hear from you.

Smix wrote:
4 Butcher: :lol: there is really nothing more to say :lol: It's not necessary to monitor all posts - we can save the topic_id after first posting and than update this topic only ...There is no demo and I didn't made any more test or development steps for this yet ... (as I already said)
thanks for the ideas and the clear words and the hints you gave - your pointed to a thread that is interesting.
Well does this fit the needs: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a
This MOD adds a full syndication suite to your board. You can syndicate posts and topics for certain forums, categories, topics or the entire board as well as your own PM folders. Feeds for private forums are supported via HTTP AUTH identification. There is also a custom feed generator provided which users can use to compile their very own and individual feeds. Supported formats for feeds are RSS2 and ATOM. The administrator has the possibility to disable syndication completely or to use the permission system to control access to feeds for specific users or groups.
well thanks for the hint - i will have a closer look at the hack. It looks very interesting. Besides this your mod is also interesting. I will keep an eye on this great mod.

keep up the great project

butch
mrbuzzsaw

Post by mrbuzzsaw »

ok i have it installed but to be honest i have no idea how to configure it
also can i have it post from more then one feed?
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello,

you can search the previous pages to find the answer ;) ... Everything is configurable in the database ...
REVELAT10N

Post by REVELAT10N »

I saw where someone posted this but I never saw an answer. I have installed this mod but I can't tell if it's working or not. I do not get any errors... but nothing posts. I have cleared the cache after install and still nothing. Any ideas? My info is as follows:

The rss feed I am trying to pull = http://rss.teamxbox.com/news/latest.rss
Forum it should post to = http://www.legionoftheapocalypse.com/fo ... um.php?f=4

Here is how things are set up in my database:

Should next_check has a setting of "1" instead of "0"?
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello Revelation,

you've got it set correctly ;)

Did you edited constants.php ? It looks like the mod didn't touch the db ...

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”