[ABD] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Origin30

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.1)

Post by Origin30 »

Smix

I have this running and it's a great mod.

One thing, it's a fresh forum, so have set a posting bot member up with id of 53, although all the posts within the autoposting forum are coming up as site admin? I've triple checked within dbase config, and its number 53, so not too sure whats happening?
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello,

if you have changed the bot user_id in config table, you have to purge cache to activate the new setting ;)
Origin30

Post by Origin30 »

Smix wrote:Hello,

..you have to purge cache to activate the new setting ;)
Ah see :D I'm too quick to post. Will wait to see if it changes to that user on autopost update.

Edit: Yep updated a treat, thanks Smix
REVELAT10N

Post by REVELAT10N »

Smix wrote:Hello Revelation,

you've got it set correctly ;)

Did you edited constants.php ? It looks like the mod didn't touch the db ...
Sure did. Not sure what the problem is. Hmmm.
bill.marcy

Post by bill.marcy »

Installed version 0.1.1

SQL inserted, no issues.

Installation went smooth, no problems or issues.

After install, ran into a strange problem, mod operated correctly, as it pulled my RSS feed that i had installed through the database. The problem is that on occasion, a poster would post, but the timestamp on the post would be incorrect (Which woudl cause that post to be inserted into the thread in the wrong place for it).

I was also seeing occasional SQL errors (Which never had happened before the install.)

Left the MOD installed for 48 hours, had a large quantity of mis-stamped time posts, and a large number of SQL errors. Backed out the MOD, removed the SQL statements, and have not had any problems since.

Has this been reported and a known condition? If so, can you point me to the solution, as I love the idea of this mod.

Thanks!
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello bill.marcy,

I´m sorry, but I´m unable to route you somewhere else to absolutely solve your problems. :( You´ve find all the bugs, which it has ... :?

I´m not sure what SQL errors you´ve got, because you didn´t tell me that, but I think it was errors with parsing timestamps or also some errors with inserting posts with some bad strings, because it appeared on every installation :( ... The bug with time of posts and replying was also already discovered ...

Well, you´ve discovered the actual state of the mod and at this time, I can only direct you to test latest version of main parser class - class_lastrss.php (use only the "includes/class_lastrss.php" file ;) ) - it may stop the showing of errors with problematic parsing but it doesn´t fix the problem with sql inserts - as I said, you can test it ... And to fix the problem with timestamps - remove the edit from posting.php ;) ... That´s everything, what I can do for you at this time :?

Thank you for trying my mod and for one of the greatest reports which I was reading (maybe you can wrote exactly the shown error, but it´s pointless at this time, because I can guess the reason from your detailed description) ...

I´m very busy at this time (exams time) and I was unable to release the agregator mod in RC2 version, but I hope I´ll release it very soon (it must be repacked and new MODX file has to be written) and then I´ll move to this mod ;) So please, be a bit more patient ;)

Once more Thank you ;)

4 Revelation :
... please check the ACP -> phpinfo() if you´ve got CURL/FOPEN enabled on your server ...
REVELAT10N

Post by REVELAT10N »

Figured out my problem. I was connecting to my database through my hosts direct connection which was sending me to an old copy of my database. Once I installed phpMyAdmin on my server directly I was able to actually make the changes to the database. Works great! Thanks!
Origin30

Post by Origin30 »

The only thing I have had is posts are going into the defined forum, but topics and posts on index page (for that forum) do not seem to be going up with the post count.

So posts are going in there, but the number of topics/posts stay the same.
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello Origin,

It´s known "bug". It´s not updating the forum tables ...

Thank you ;)
z2z

Post by z2z »

Great mod! thanks smix ;)

Got unknown encoding error sometimes but after adding var $rsscp = 'UTF-8'; in class_lastrss.php ..at least for now error has gone.

Why post doesn't need approval(should be in queue in mcp?)?

Is it possible to process <i> <p><br /> (html) in <description>?

----------------------------------------------------------
To Remove Feed Name from the subject of post
find

Code: Select all

// prepare data for posting
  	$subject	= $post_data['name'] . ' | ' . $post_data['items'][$i]['title'];
Replace with

// prepare data for posting
  	$subject	= $post_data['items'][$i]['title'];
then Purge cache.
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello z2z,
Got unknown encoding error sometimes but after adding var $rsscp = 'UTF-8'; in class_lastrss.php ..at least for now error has gone.
Please try the latest class_lastrss.php too, thank you ;) .
Why post doesn't need approval(should be in queue in mcp?)?
It depends on posters permissions ;) Change it for your poster - maybe you´ll have to create a new account for this reasons.
Is it possible to process <i> <p><br /> (html) in <description>?
Not now, because phpBB is only showing those tags for security reasons ...
In future versions I´ll try to replace the HTML tags with bbcodes

'<i>' => '[i]'
'</i>' => '[/i]'
Last edited by Smix on Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El-Cherubin

Post by El-Cherubin »

really difficult to use this for me, young newbie...
Neuron Partners Neurosciences serve Digital Marketing
bill.marcy

Post by bill.marcy »

El-Cherubin wrote:really difficult to use this for me, young newbie...
Works well if you can put up with the known bugs, haven;t been able to find any unknown bugs, so this MOD should be 100% once the author has some time to spend with it.
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

I'm waiting for a cpa management and a message longer than 255 caracters ;)
I learn English with phpbb.com :)
Smix

Post by Smix »

El-Cherubin wrote:really difficult to use this for me, young newbie...
Hello,
well, it´s possible, because it´s still in development and installation of DEV versions is recommended for experienced PHP & phpBB programmers ... Please be patient ;)
joebart72 wrote:I'm waiting for a cpa management and a message longer than 255 caracters ;)
Hello,
ACP management will be available in beta versions ... But messages longer than 255 chars? It´s already possible :roll: ... Please try to describe it more clearly what do you think about this limit ... (there´s actually limit for topic´s subject - 100 chars)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”