[ABD] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
deanandeva

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.3)

Post by deanandeva » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:58 am

Hi Smix, no I am running PHPBB, 3.0.1, SQL 5.0.51a.

The server is running PHP version 5.2.5 ?

Cheers

Dean

blitztrading

Post by blitztrading » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:45 am

Smix wrote:@blitztrading : I´ll check the code differencies ... :? ... Also please check if you´ve removed the code from includes/functions_posting.php (which is deanandeva referencing in previous post)
Thx Smix, the issue was the lines remaining in functions_posting.

2 questions:
- how to have titles with 100 character length instead of 60?
- pictures are not retrieved from the feed (feed: http://www.realtimeforex.fr/forums/exte ... s=10,11,14), is that normal?

Thx

Smix

Post by Smix » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:04 pm

@blitztrading :
About longer topics than 60 characters, please try this - nobody reported how it works yet, but it works on my development board @ localhost ...

@deanandeva :
I´ll think about it ...

blitztrading

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.1)

Post by blitztrading » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:31 pm

Smix wrote:Well I´ve checked the feed, and before trying to touch the code I can say only one thing : content of this feed is in CDATA tag, which is actually skipped in my lastrss class ...

You´ll have to wait for next version of the main class ...

Please be patient ...
Hi Smix,

now the topics have 100 caracters, thx. But what about your previous message (see above) to manage CDATA tags? I still have a RSS flow that does not work: http://saxobanque.fr/rss

Is that normal ?

soaknfused

Post by soaknfused » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:42 pm

I just installed the latest version (0.1.3) on a new board, it is working great, posting etc but it has one strange issue. When it grabs the posts for the first time all is well, the second time it updates it grabs the posts, puts them in the correct place but it does not show the last post on the index page. It still shows the last post by etc as the last one from the first batch of posts downloaded.. any thoughts on this?
My Family site: http://www.distads.com
My Linux Mobile site: http://www.LinMo.org

soaknfused

Post by soaknfused » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:54 pm

Also, i just noticed one item. in my functions_posting.php file the code looks like this:

Code: Select all

// First of all make sure the subject and topic title are having the correct length.
	// To achieve this without cutting off between special chars we convert to an array and then count the elements.
	$subject = truncate_string($subject, 255); // $subject = truncate_string($subject);
	$data['topic_title'] = truncate_string($data['topic_title']);
Should I do something with the 'topic_title' portion as was done with the subject part to not limit characters?
My Family site: http://www.distads.com
My Linux Mobile site: http://www.LinMo.org

deanandeva

Post by deanandeva » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:33 pm

Hi Smix,

I restored my class_lastRRS.php and my class_lastss_autopost.php previous versions but its still not working ?, in the instructions you copy root *.* to public_html/includes/*.* right ?

Sorry but keen to get this going again before the weekend?

Cheers

deanandeva

Post by deanandeva » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:56 am

Hi SMix,

working now but with old files ?

Weird eh!

flat_webb

Post by flat_webb » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:59 pm

I'm having some interesting results with this mod. I've got it posting several different rss feeds to different forums within one board. What I'm finding is that often the index page is showing any particular forum with a higher number of topics than posts.

I also find that sometimes you can click on a topic that has been created by the autopost bot and phpbb displays a notice saying the topic does not exist. If I then refresh the index page topics with this issue disappear all together.

Also, can anyone explain how the order of parsing works if their are multiple feeds being used with autopost? If say, I log in to the inex page of my board and two feeds are due to be written to a respective forum are they both done at the same time or is only one feed parsed per one visitor to the index page?

Any thoughts?

Smix

Post by Smix » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:18 am

Hello again,
I wasn´t online short time and I´ll check everything during this weekend ...

Hello flat_webb,
flat_webb wrote:What I'm finding is that often the index page is showing any particular forum with a higher number of topics than posts.
This is a known bug. I actually don´t know why does it happening, because it´s posted in standard way as the topics are (and may be) posted.
flat_webb wrote:I also find that sometimes you can click on a topic that has been created by the autopost bot and phpbb displays a notice saying the topic does not exist. If I then refresh the index page topics with this issue disappear all together.
Weird ... I´ve never saw that :?
flat_webb wrote:Also, can anyone explain how the order of parsing works if their are multiple feeds being used with autopost? If say, I log in to the inex page of my board and two feeds are due to be written to a respective forum are they both done at the same time or is only one feed parsed per one visitor to the index page?
Every feed has it´s own time to be checked again (next_check), it´s unix timestamp and if the phpBB index page is loaded and actual time is bigger than the value in feed´s next_check value, than the first feed in row is parsed, checked if it is not already posted and than posted if fresh data are found. Topics from one feed are posted in same time, because the server is fast ... and different feed´s topics are posted in same time when more than one feed has lower next_check than actual time and you´ve got more than one user online on your index page (and they´ve refreshed "at the same time" the index page) ...

Auden

Post by Auden » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:25 pm

Smix wrote:
flat_webb wrote:I also find that sometimes you can click on a topic that has been created by the autopost bot and phpbb displays a notice saying the topic does not exist. If I then refresh the index page topics with this issue disappear all together.
Sometimes I've this problem too ... and i don't know why.

Bart_0

Post by Bart_0 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi I just installed this mod and it comes up with an error.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/K/e/n/Ken1959/html/phpbb/includes/class_lastrss.php on line 28

Any idea what I have done wrong? TIA

Found the problem php4

flat_webb

Post by flat_webb » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:15 pm

Auden wrote:
Smix wrote:
Sometimes I've this problem too ... and i don't know why.
Yeah I'm still playing around with it to see if I can pick up on a behaviour pattern. I thought for a little bit that it might be caused by problems when having two feeds posting to the same forum or sub-forum but it's also occuring in a forum I have that only has one rss feed posting to it.

Could it be affected by having topic pruning turned on somehow? I haven't looked into this much though....

Auden

Post by Auden » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:53 pm

Bart_0 wrote:Hi I just installed this mod and it comes up with an error.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/K/e/n/Ken1959/html/phpbb/includes/class_lastrss.php on line 28

Any idea what I have done wrong? TIA

Found the problem php4
Hello, the "bug" is fix here => link

A+

stevefree

Post by stevefree » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:36 am

Ok everyone.......

:idea:

No more questions! Let SMIX spend him time getting the ACP written instead of helping everyone work AROUND not having the ACP.

:) :) :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”