[ABD] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
saaiberke

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.0)

Post by saaiberke »

Another problem, the feeds are arriving double, triple and 4 times even. Anybody is experiencing the same problem?

Grtz,

Nic
Smix

Post by Smix »

2 intz : OK, but as I said before, at first, mod must work as it should than we can move to "details" ... Parsing images from RSS is in road map in version 0.2.0 ;) ...

2 saaiberke : Well, as I already answered in tracker, I think you didn´t purged cache after changing values in config table ...
saaiberke wrote:Another problem, the feeds are arriving double, triple and 4 times even. Anybody is experiencing the same problem?
Yeah, on my board it posts 90 topics, while I wasn´t online :D - I already fixed it and solution will be introduced in 0.1.1 ... (problem was in db - post/topics table has limit 100 chars for post/topic title, but I didn´t cut the string to 100 chars if it was longer ... fixed in 0.1.1)
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Oh yes, off course :oops: I purged the cache by hand and then it worked. If you make an acp panel for it, will the cache be purged automatically when changing settings? ;)

The double feeds, ok, I can live with it until the update ;)

Thank you very much Smix! I like both your mods a lot!

Nic
Smix

Post by Smix »

saaiberke wrote:...If you make an acp panel for it, will the cache be purged automatically when changing settings? ;)
Of course yes ... As it´s purging in lastRSS agregator ;)
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

Seems to be working fine for me. :D

Two feature requests:

1. As previously stated, it would be very great to convert images but I can live with that until that feature, and if it is, implemented.

2. Have the option to use the feed name in topic title or not or have different feeds that use the same topic name. For example, I could have two different news feeds but I have to name them different because the DB will tell me I already have one named the same.

Those are the two main feature requests for me. Other then that, this is what I've been looking for since I read about a mod in DEV months ago.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
Smix

Post by Smix »

Drugs wrote:1. As previously stated, it would be very great to convert images but I can live with that until that feature, and if it is, implemented.
... everything is possible ... ;)
Drugs wrote: 2. Have the option to use the feed name in topic title or not or have different feeds that use the same topic name. For example, I could have two different news feeds but I have to name them different because the DB will tell me I already have one named the same.
This is one of things which will be reconsidered with ACP introduction ... I think, it should be possible, that you´ll define how the message may look (globaly) - same like changing templates with ACP ... But I´m actually not sure how to do it and there are "better" things to do and to think about ...
About another PK ... I´ll think about it for a while ... But I don´t want to add "dumb" index column ... But it´ll be probably the best solution for this ...
Bishop81

Post by Bishop81 »

If it's not working at all for you, then you're probably having the same issue I had. For whatever reason, it wasn't pulling the config info from the database. I just hard-coded the user id into the functions_lastrss_autopost.php file in place of $config['lastrss_ap_userid'] in the 2 spots that it existed.

I also change if ($lastrss_ap_enabled) or whatever it was to if($do = true). This will make it run every time the file is called.
Smix

Post by Smix »

... more simpler solution was to uncomment the config values at the beginning of the file and set up the new vars ...

Code: Select all

// NEW CONFIG VALUES
//$config['lastrss_ap_enabled'] = 1;
//$config['lastrss_ap_items_limit'] = 3;
//$config['lastrss_ap_bot_id'] = 143;
... but I really don´t know, why it shouldn´t work, if you purged cache ... Anyway thanks for reports ;)
Parador

Post by Parador »

Hi Smix,

at first I wanna thank you for this great mod, I waited for something like this since beta... i dunno. So, thanks for your work here.

I installed the mod, and it's working in some kinda way. I am getting a big error, and if I refresh the browser it's gone. I am having a few new threads then, but there's just a link to the News in ti then in it.

Here's the error:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xFCndigt' for column 'topic_title' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

INSERT INTO frm_topics (topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, icon_id, topic_approved, topic_title, topic_first_poster_name, topic_first_poster_colour, topic_type, topic_time_limit, topic_attachment) VALUES (251, 1206137090, '149', 0, 1, 'Herold | Die Gilde 2: Venedig: Zweites Add-On angek�ndigt', 'Herold', '996600', 0, 0, 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1890
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_lastrss_autopost.php
LINE: 202
CALL: submit_post()

LINE: 96
CALL: autopost()

LINE: 244
CALL: autopost_init()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 34
CALL: include('includes/functions_lastrss_autopost.php')
I tried 3 different links, same result all the time. The links are for example:

http://www.mystics.de/rss/news.xml
Any Idea what I can do on this? :|

Thx for your help,

Parador

Edit: Maybe it's because of special characters like üöä...
Smix

Post by Smix »

Thank you ! Good to know this ... I´m fixing this problem (with non-standard characters) for very long time, and it´s still returning :( but I´ll have a look at this problem this weekend very, very closely ;)

Once again - thanks Parador
sotis

Post by sotis »

I receive a blank page after installation when I start "forum/index.php"

Can somebody help me.
mecatrix

Post by mecatrix »

the lastRSS autoposting bot MOD that i used is ok... but the problem is.. it only show where the feed are rather than posting the feed itself... any opinion?

http://slipar.com/v3 in the movie area
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

mecatrix wrote:the lastRSS autoposting bot MOD that i used is ok... but the problem is.. it only show where the feed are rather than posting the feed itself... any opinion?

I think you're speaking of his other mod...

And if it's this one, I assume you mean if just posts the link? If so, it's because the feed you're using doesn't display the full content in the feed.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
mecatrix

Post by mecatrix »

Smix

Post by Smix »

sotis wrote:I receive a blank page after installation when I start "forum/index.php"

Can somebody help me.
Hello,
have you purged cache? Please, try to find a way how to get more info about the error ... :cry:
mecatrix wrote:the lastRSS autoposting bot MOD that i used is ok... but the problem is.. it only show where the feed are rather than posting the feed itself... any opinion?

mecatrix wrote:
the feed do post the full..
Hello,
I´m sorry, but I´m not giving support to feeds/boards, which are breaking laws like warez (as seen in the feed itself - it´s containing download links to ripped films) ... and forum, which you are speaking about ("in the movie area") is not visible, you probably know why ...

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”