[ABD] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
sotis

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.0)

Post by sotis »

Hello,
have you purged cache? Please, try to find a way how to get more info about the error ... :cry:
I am not sure but I think it depends of URL of the feed. With default URL it works.
But the biggest problem is when the feed is with non english charachters even I change "$rss->rsscp = 'Windows-1251';" the text comes like question marks:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xC1\xE8\xE1\xEB\xE5\xE9...' for column 'topic_title' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_topics (topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, icon_id, topic_approved, topic_title, topic_first_poster_name, topic_first_poster_colour, topic_type, topic_time_limit, topic_attachment) VALUES (95, 1206282719, '6', 0, 1, 'lastRSS | ��������� ��������� ������� �� ������� ��������� ����� �� ��������', 'BibleFriend', '006699', 0, 0, 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1809
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_lastrss_autopost.php
LINE: 202
CALL: submit_post()

LINE: 96
CALL: autopost()

LINE: 244
CALL: autopost_init()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 30
CALL: include('includes/functions_lastrss_autopost.php')
Edit:
I don't know why, but it started work fine when i changed "$rss->cp = 'Windows-1251';" :D

Smix

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.0)

Post by Smix »

... I´ve just released 0.1.1 which finally works ... Thanks for all reports ;)
How to upgrade :
  • copy all files over the old ones
  • please check the install instructions again (some more edits) ...

Parador

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.1)

Post by Parador »

Hey Smix,

thx for the update. I will install it now, and give you feedback later then.

I just recognized that the link in your first post under "Download File: " leads to version 0.1.0. The one above it leads to 0.1.1

Just for your information. :)

Take care!

Smix

Post by Smix »

Thanks for your notice :oops: ...
I actually don´t know why I placed there two download links :lol: ...
URL changed and all links are linking the latest version ;) ..

Parador

Post by Parador »

Hi Smix,

me again.

You have done a very good job here. The Mod is working very good, even with special characters! I tried two different Links, and both are working without any problems. If you wanna have a look: Link

One last thing, I think there's a mistake in the install.txt. It says:
('lastrss_ap_version', '0.1.0', 0),
But shouldn't it be 0.1.1?

Anyway, this mod is absolutly fantastic, and I am so happy to have it! Can't wait for an ACP-Version, but it's even working yet without problems!

Thx again, and take care,

Parador

willyeckaslike

Post by willyeckaslike »

Ok, so I know this is in the VERY early stages of development, but I thought I'd apply this mod to my forum to see it in action as I've looking for something like this for a while. It's a small mod and easy to remove if it doesn't work, but I've come across an odd problem...

I have configured the mod to pick up the feed from http://www.bbfc.co.uk/filmfeed.xml, and to post into a specified forum (id #13) as a specified user (id #2)

When looking at the index page, no topics are shown as being in the specified forum. If I browse into the forum, I can see one topic listed. Underneath the topic title it shows as being posted by the correct user, but on the right hand side it says it was posted by 'guest'

If I then click on the topic title to view the topic, i get a page saying 'the requested topics does not exist'

my index page is here

my forum's page is here

the page where the topic should be is here

Any ideas?

Parador

Post by Parador »

Have you given the correct permissions to that user (#2)? It needs to have some rights, like posting without time delay, and the rights to post into that secific forum, etc. I created a group especialy for my poster, with all the rights, after this it worked fine.

willyeckaslike

Post by willyeckaslike »

Hi

The user is the site admin and has full access to that forum.

That said, I'll try creating a new user just for posting rss feeds, and see if that works

sotis

Post by sotis »

RSS feed is in Windows-1251

Now the hole text in the title is converted correctly from win-1251 to UTF-8 except for the last symbol
The last symbol, where the title is cut, shows still like question mark and causes a problem.

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xD0' for column 'topic_title' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_topics (topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, icon_id, topic_approved, topic_title, topic_first_poster_name, topic_first_poster_colour, topic_type, topic_time_limit, topic_attachment) VALUES (95, 1206608400, '55', 0, 1, 'Асоциацията “Общество и ценности” срещу промените в �', 'BibleFriend', '006699', 0, 0, 0)

BACKTRACE

CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 1816

LINE: 224

LINE: 91

LINE: 268

LINE: 30

willyeckaslike

Post by willyeckaslike »

Ok so I created a new user with rights to post in the correct forum. Again, no topics are shown on the index page, the new user's name is shown beneath the topic title on the forum page, with guest shown on the right hand side, and the topic itself is till not being shown.

Also, it seems that whenever an update is running, I get the following on the index page. If I refresh the page, it works again...

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Column 'enable_xbl' cannot be null [1048]

SQL

INSERT INTO debate_bbposts (forum_id, poster_id, icon_id, poster_ip, post_time, post_approved, enable_bbcode, enable_smilies, enable_magic_url, enable_sig, enable_xbl, post_username, post_subject, post_text, post_checksum, post_attachment, bbcode_bitfield, bbcode_uid, post_postcount, post_edit_locked, topic_id) VALUES ('32', 61, 0, '82.23.210.197', 1206003562, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, NULL, '', 'BBFC | COME RAIN OR SHINE passed 15', '[b:362j6r92]The BBFC gave the English language film COME RAIN OR SHINE a rating of 15 on Tue, 18 Mar. This film contains STRONG LANGUAGE. The film is directed by Anthony Mathile. The cast includes Tony Banks, Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford. [/b:362j6r92] \r\n \r\n \r\n [url:362j6r92]http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/ClassifiedWorks/58E07D061DAE8C9280257412003161AC[/url:362j6r92]', 'aeffce216bbb90f044df099fc5746689', 0, 'UA==', '362j6r92', 1, 1, 49)

BACKTRACE

CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

LINE: 1839

LINE: 224

LINE: 91

LINE: 268

LINE: 29

Smix

Post by Smix »

Parador wrote:One last thing, I think there's a mistake in the install.txt. It says:
('lastrss_ap_version', '0.1.0', 0),
But shouldn't it be 0.1.1?
You are right, thanks ;) ... But I´m not using it so it´s not necessary to release fixed version of this release :)
willyeckaslike wrote:Ok, so I know this is in the VERY early stages of development
... The core almost reached final version ;) , ACP is the last part of this mod, which has to be done (if I´m not counting install script and install instructions :lol: )
willyeckaslike wrote: I have configured the mod to pick up the feed from http://www.bbfc.co.uk/filmfeed.xml, and to post into a specified forum (id #13) as a specified user (id #2)

When looking at the index page, no topics are shown as being in the specified forum. If I browse into the forum, I can see one topic listed. Underneath the topic title it shows as being posted by the correct user, but on the right hand side it says it was posted by 'guest'

If I then click on the topic title to view the topic, i get a page saying 'the requested topics does not exist'

my index page is here

my forum's page is here

the page where the topic should be is here

Any ideas?
... Well, I can think about something more :lol: :roll: ... But I probably know where the problem is ... I´ll check it ... (mod was probably initiated by notlogged in user /anonymous/ and it probably don´t have permissions to post in the forum ...) ...
Thank you for your report ;)
sotis wrote:RSS feed is in Windows-1251

Now the hole text in the title is converted correctly from win-1251 to UTF-8 except for the last symbol
The last symbol, where the title is cut, shows still like question mark and causes a problem.

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xD0' for column 'topic_title' at row 1 [1366]
... Thank God, it works :D ... oh ... almost works :| ... Ok, I´ll fix it ... String was probably cutted badly - I´ve forgotten to check the string ... :cry:

All right, thanks for all reports for now ;) ... I´ll try to fix them then release a fix and I´ll also begin work on ACP ...

willyeckaslike

Post by willyeckaslike »

Smix wrote: ... Well, I can think about something more :lol: :roll: ... But I probably know where the problem is ... I´ll check it ... (mod was probably initiated by notlogged in user /anonymous/ and it probably don´t have permissions to post in the forum ...) ...
Thank you for your report ;)
I was logged in as the site admin, and have tried running the mod as two different users who both had permission to post, so I'm not sure that is the problem...

Thank you for your work on this mod - despite the problems I am having I know it will be worth the wait when it is finished!

Smix

Post by Smix »

MOD is initiated everytimes when index is shown ...

willyeckaslike

Post by willyeckaslike »

Smix wrote:MOD is initiated everytimes when index is shown ...
Ah I see... I have tried accessing the site as both admin user and anonymous, but it doesn't make any difference to the problem. It happens both times.

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

I installed the latest version and I still get double and triple items in the feed, which means double and triple postings on the board. :)

Any idea how it comes?

Greetings,

Nic

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”