[ABD] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Smix

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.1)

Post by Smix »

I thought it was already fixed by cutting the topic name string ... Can I see the topics or give me the URL of the feed please ...
Smix wrote:If you are reporting a bug with my MOD, always post the URL of the feed, please ;)
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Sorry, didn't see that...

Here is the feed:

http://rss.minoc.com/zdnet/reviews_be.xml

Grtz,

Nic
boemboem

Post by boemboem »

Smix wrote:I thought it was already fixed by cutting the topic name string ... Can I see the topics or give me the URL of the feed please ...
Hello Smix, for a couple of days I follow your topic and I have to tell you and give you a compliment about how you interact with your "beta" testers. I think a lot of developers should take an example out of that.

as for my quote I made.. maybe you could take a look here.

http://www.fvc-forum.nl/viewforum.php?f=58 this is your mod in action.. nice huh?? And yes, my spambot is called Simone :D pretty hot right ;) As you can see, some topic titles are indeed cut of, did I mis something or is this part also under construction.

Also when titles are placed within these -> ' ' it shows '

this is the feed:

http://www.vi.nl/LaatsteNieuws.htm

Děkuji ;)

edit: Here i
my Dutch soccer board http://www.fvc-forum.nl
gd106

Post by gd106 »

noob question: is there a way to add multiple feeds to post in one or more forums?

also

with 1.1 I get multiple posts of same article.... not sure if I did something wrong
boemboem

Post by boemboem »

gd106 wrote:with 1.1 I get multiple posts of same article.... not sure if I did something wrong
I have the same
my Dutch soccer board http://www.fvc-forum.nl
aawinkler

Post by aawinkler »

boemboem wrote:Also when titles are placed within these -> ' ' it shows '
Another similar problem: when the feed contains text between double quotation marks (e.g. "blablabla"), I get an SQL error when going to the index page for the first time, and the feed import is stopped before that item...

Feed tested: http://www.spiegel.de/schlagzeilen/rss/index.xml

And umlaute (ä, ö, ü) don't work either (at least with this feed...): "Öffentlicher Dienst: Tarifpartner nähern sich an" gets posted as "Öffentlicher Dienst: Tarifpartner näher"

By the way, I love this mod and hope you continue the development!!

Greetings,

Andreas
Smix

Post by Smix »

Thanks for reports saaiberke & boemboem (thanks :oops: ) & aawinkler
gd106 wrote:noob question: is there a way to add multiple feeds to post in one or more forums?
... yes, you can add another feed through phpmyadmin ...
similar SQL to

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_lastrss_autopost` (`name`, `url`, `next_check`, `next_check_after`, `destination_id`, `enabled`) 
VALUES ('NAME', 'URL', 0, 1, 1, 1);
aawinkler wrote:By the way, I love this mod and hope you continue the development!!
Thanks and don´t be afraid ... I´ll finish it (at least) ;)

Thanks for all messages ;)
Parador

Post by Parador »

Hi Smix,

I found out two problems, and I had to uninstall your mod cos of them for the moment.

First is a known "bug" I think. Some News have been posted over and over again, I think it happens if there aren't any new news after last "refresh". This was very annoying for the users of my board...

The other thing is that there seems to be a problem with quoting. After I installed your mod everytime someone quoted in a thread the quoted post have not been shown at the end of the thread, but after the quoted one. I found out that it have to be this code part in functions_posting.php:

//lastrss autopost mod begin
if ($data['post_time'] != 0)
{
  $current_time = $data['post_time'];
}
//lastrss autopost mod end
After I deleted it everything worked fine again. I'll try your mod again after those bugs have been fixed, cos I really like it, and I want to have it on m forum. :)

Thx for your work again,

Parador
Smix

Post by Smix »

BIG THANKS for your report ... So, I´ll rework this feature ... ;)
kateland

Post by kateland »

Hi Smix,

I'm interested in your two mods here, the aggregator and autobot.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish, please let me know if your mods are appropriate:

- Multiple external RSS links
- Multiple local news forums
- Be able to control which items can post automatically, and which need to be admin-approved

Do your mods do this before I install??

here's your love letter
you bloodletter
you disappointed every time
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello,

... summary :
  • ImageMultiple external RSS links
  • ImageMultiple local news forums
  • ImageBe able to control which items can post automatically, and which need to be admin-approved
... and now more clearly ... You can add as much RSS feeds as you wish (to both mods) ... My mod (agregator) is showing only RSS feeds, if your forum has own RSS feed for your "local news forums", you can add it similarily to all other feeds, but it´s not showing announcements or news from some local forums directly ... And about manual control ... It´s good feature request so, I´m adding it to the list ;)
nikzh

Post by nikzh »

Hi.
What about half-hourly refreshing or less?
Smix

Post by Smix »

... if you´ll check the feed half-hour or less, I think, that your hosting would like to ban you, because fopen and curl functions are also very memory consumpting ... Best settings is about 6 hours and more (from hosting´s view) ...

Actually, on my hosting - I had to ask if I can get fopen/curl functions enabled and I was asked why, because they don´t wanted to allow it for memory reasons ... I said, I want to download RSS once a day and they allowed it to me ...
nikzh

Post by nikzh »

Smix wrote:... if you´ll check the feed half-hour or less, I think, that your hosting would like to ban you, because fopen and curl functions are also very memory consumpting ... Best settings is about 6 hours and more (from hosting´s view) ...

Actually, on my hosting - I had to ask if I can get fopen/curl functions enabled and I was asked why, because they don´t wanted to allow it for memory reasons ... I said, I want to download RSS once a day and they allowed it to me ...
I've dedicated server.
And I want to read feeds from other forums, they're refreshing every minute.
Smix

Post by Smix »

... Well ... It´s very specific change (but not hard - only few edits) and I wouldn´t add it to released versions, but you can check the files and do this edit ...
this edit is only for "nikzh"
OPEN includes/functions_lastrss_autopost.php
FIND

SET next_check = "' . ( time() + $next_feed['next_check_after'] * 3600 )
REPLACE WITH

$seconds = 1800; // time in seconds ... 1800s is 30 minutes
SET next_check = "' . ( time() + $seconds )
... this will check all feeds after time set in $seconds ...

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”