[ABD] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Smix

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.4)

Post by Smix »

Hello hohleweg,

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_lastrss_autopost` (`name`, `url`, `next_check`, `next_check_after`, `destination_id`, `enabled`) 
VALUES 
('lastRSS', 'http://phpbb3.smika.net/lastrss.php', 0, 12, 2, 1);
b0n3Zs

Post by b0n3Zs »

Hello. Thank you for this mod, it was working, before I entered another url ( http://github.com/feeds/mangos/commits/mangos/ )
It seems, that bot don't recognise URLs without [file.rss].
Any fix for this?
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello,
bot recognizes the url correctly, but it´s not RSS but ATOM ... At this moment, bot is not able to parse ATOM data format ... You have to find RSS version of the feed ...
PrattP

Post by PrattP »

No fix for my problem on the other page Smix?
Smix

Post by Smix »

... topic_status NULL ? ... No, sorry, not yet ...
PrattP

Post by PrattP »

Ok no problem.

Yes, so it just started happening, after working perfectly for a while. :(
b0n3Zs

Post by b0n3Zs »

Smix wrote:Hello,
bot recognizes the url correctly, but it´s not RSS but ATOM ... At this moment, bot is not able to parse ATOM data format ... You have to find RSS version of the feed ...
Is there any plans to enable parsing of ATOM? For example, in 0.2.0?
Smix

Post by Smix »

... I was afraid, that you´ll ask :lol: ... Yes ... My development version is actually able to download and parse ATOM format, but it´s still problematic, because ATOM format ...

I´ve prepared a new roadmaps and I´ve decided to release a new version/package always after adding one feature ... Until now, I always made a list of features I wanted to implement until next version and you were waiting for a very long time ...

New roadmap (please use the feature tracker if I´ve forget something) :
  • 0.2.0 - cache located in files again - no more DB caching ("topic_content too long" fix)
  • 0.2.1 - better way to download and parse feeds
  • 0.2.2 - post approved/awaiting approvement
  • 0.2.3 - different poster for any feed
  • 0.3.0 - I´ll try to rework special chars input fixing and rework posting
Until I´ll decide to - no ACP ...

The core of my mods is the same, so it depends a bit on functionality of both mods ... Btw. the final work will result in merging my both lastRSS mods into one ...
Eric Stetson

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.1)

Post by Eric Stetson »

Smix wrote:This mod is automatic (that´s why I call it a bot) and he´s checking the feed once per time you´ll set for the feed. It´s posting 5 latest - you can change this behavior through SQL - table phpbb_config (don´t forget to purge cache) ...

Code: Select all

'lastrss_ap_items_limit', '5', 0
You can also make rights for your bot mod (and do a very small change in the bot itself - it´s actually autoapproving topics - but in future versions, it will be managed through ACP), to post all topics and approve only the topics, you´ll like ... But the bot will always try to post latest "5" items from the feed ...
Smix, I have a few questions about what you wrote here:

1. Does the bot check to see if it has already posted any of the 5 posts in an RSS feed (or whatever number is specified for items_limit)? What if some or all of them have already been posted to the forum the last time it checked the feed, does it post duplicates or does it know not to do this?

2. Does items_limit apply to all RSS feeds in total, or to each one separately?

3. Can items_limit be set to a setting where it will post ALL new posts in an RSS feed, without regard for how many there are (i.e. no limit at all)?

Thanks.
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello,
  1. Bot checks if the feed item (= topic) already exists and if not, then he attempts to post it ...
  2. It´s limit for each of them separately, because only one feed is checked at once
  3. There is no "no limit" setting, but you can try to set a big number ...
Eric Stetson

Post by Eric Stetson »

Smix wrote:Hello,
  1. Bot checks if the feed item (= topic) already exists and if not, then he attempts to post it ...
  2. It´s limit for each of them separately, because only one feed is checked at once
  3. There is no "no limit" setting, but you can try to set a big number ...
Thanks!

I have one more question: Somebody posted code on page 35 of this thread that enables you to have a different user ID posting each feed. Do you think this is a good patch to use?
Smix

Post by Smix »

I didn´t checked the code now, but as I remember it, I´m going to implement it in very similar (or maybe same) way ... Anyway, I´m only supporting my own code and when I´ll implement it, I´ll support it ...
Each update in development progress will truncate the DB data, so there is no problem in using or not using possible patch by somebody else - but be prepared for no support for it ...
Eric Stetson

Post by Eric Stetson »

Thanks Smix.

Is it necessary to modify the max topic title length from 60 to 100 to avoid duplicate posts as mentioned earlier in this thread?
Eric Stetson

Post by Eric Stetson »

Okay, I've got the mod set up on my forum and it worked for a couple of RSS feeds but not for another that I tried. The one that didn't work was RSS 2.0. Is this a format that this mod cannot yet handle? If so, are there plans to make this mod compatible with all of the popular versions of RSS -- 0.91, 1.0, and 2.0?

I am also wondering why are there no paragraph breaks in the posts? Multiple paragraphs in the feed are showing up as one huge long paragraph in the forum post. Is there any way to fix this?

Other than those issues, I like it! A nice addition to my forum! Thanks Smix.
Last edited by Eric Stetson on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Stetson

Post by Eric Stetson »

Is there any way to get the post count to increment for the user ID that is making the autoposts? I made a regular test post from that same account in the same forum and it counted my post, but it's not counting the autoposts. I would like these posts to be incremented if possible.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”