[ABD] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Smix

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.4)

Post by Smix »

... well, you´ve found all the parts of mod, which have to be reworked (and are not causing forum dead) ...
I already posted (somewhere in this thread) some codes, which was partially fixed line-breaking ... Topic_title resize is not made for avoiding multiple posting of one item - but longer topic titles ... I still don´t know why the post count is not changing, because it´s posted in the way how the phpBB posts standardly. Posts are actually recounted after synchronisation of the forum (so, I believe that if I´ll run synchronisation of the forum at the end of the script, it will fix it) ...

And about the RSS 2.0 ... My mod is working with any version of RSS ... So there must be some other error than that ...
Eric Stetson

Post by Eric Stetson »

Smix wrote:I already posted (somewhere in this thread) some codes, which was partially fixed line-breaking
Thanks! Found it, installed it, and it works most of the time. It doesn't break the lines for list items in the feed post, and it also stops parsing paragraphs after any list items that appeared in the post. But for posts with just normal paragraphs, it seems to work perfectly.
Smix wrote:I still don´t know why the post count is not changing, because it´s posted in the way how the phpBB posts standardly. Posts are actually recounted after synchronisation of the forum (so, I believe that if I´ll run synchronisation of the forum at the end of the script, it will fix it)
I tried resynching from the ACP but it didn't make the post count of the bot go above 0. It worked when you did it on your forum? Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if the posts are somehow being flagged as uncounted in my database?
Smix wrote:And about the RSS 2.0 ... My mod is working with any version of RSS ... So there must be some other error than that ...
Maybe something about the specific feed I tried is causing a problem. I'll try some other ones that are 2.0 and see if they work for me.
madmartyau
Name: Marty

Post by madmartyau »

Eric Stetson wrote: I tried resynching from the ACP but it didn't make the post count of the bot go above 0. It worked when you did it on your forum? Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if the posts are somehow being flagged as uncounted in my database?
Have you enabled post count to increment in the ACP for that user?
Call me Grumpy.
Eric Stetson

Post by Eric Stetson »

madmartyau wrote:
Eric Stetson wrote: I tried resynching from the ACP but it didn't make the post count of the bot go above 0. It worked when you did it on your forum? Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if the posts are somehow being flagged as uncounted in my database?
Have you enabled post count to increment in the ACP for that user?
Yeah, it's enabled. And it does increment when I try posting from that user account manually. It only doesn't count the posts that are autoposted.
Eric Stetson

Post by Eric Stetson »

Smix or anyone else who can help,

Is there a way to make the amount of text that is posted consistent? For some feeds the full text of the blog article gets posted, but for other feeds only a short excerpt is posted. I would like to change this to either of the following:

1. Post the entire text for all of them; OR
2. Post only a short excerpt for all of them.

Maybe to accomplish option 2, the text that is imported from the feed could somehow be truncated before it's posted in the forum? It sounds like it would be easy enough to accomplish this change, but I'm not a programmer so I don't know how to do it.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello,

bot is posting everything what he gets ... If feed contains HTML data in CDATA tag, then he is still unable to get those data and wouldn´t post it ...

Both (cdata & post count) are known bugs ...
kopacko

Post by kopacko »

Hello,
I am trying to increase the topic/post title length to 128 from 60/64. I have it setup and working on the site but this mod seems to disregard that. Can anyone tell me where to make the changes to increase the title/subject length?
Eric Stetson

Post by Eric Stetson »

The post count problem has now caused an error in my forum, as follows:
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Out of range value adjusted for column 'forum_posts' at row 1 [1264]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_forums SET forum_topics_real = forum_topics_real - 1, forum_posts = forum_posts - 1, forum_topics = forum_topics - 1, forum_last_post_id = 219, forum_last_post_subject = 'Rita Steinmetz | What Is Reality?', forum_last_post_time = 1239735340, forum_last_poster_id = 92, forum_last_poster_colour = '333333', forum_last_poster_name = 'Rita\'s Spiritual Blog' WHERE forum_id = 28
The error occurred when I was moving a post from the forum that the autoposter uses into another forum. Every time I moved one of those posts to a different forum, I got a similar error.

My forum is working fine overall, other than that problem, but the autoposts are not being counted at all. They are being counted as topics but not posts. The forum in which the autoposter is posting said it had 7 topics and 0 posts in it. Weird!

I just went into the database using phpmyadmin and corrected the statistics manually. I don't mind doing this once in a while until the bug in this mod can be corrected, because this is such an awesome mod! I just hope the error got won't crash my forum if it recurs.
PrattP

Post by PrattP »

Anything further on the topic_status cannot be null issue Smix?

I can't understand why it's happening, everything was working fine, and it just happens now. Even when I deleted and reinstalled everything. :cry:
Webbstre

Post by Webbstre »

I just installed this mod on my forums, and have a few questions.

1- I managed to get this mod to work, post properly in the right forum, but nothing I change seems to edit the user it is posting under. If I click a username the number on the end should be the number I put in for the lastrss_ap_bot_id field, right? I changed it to several different numbers, but none of them worked. Does anyone know what I should do?

2- Is this mod still being worked on? It looks like the first post in this thread was made in March of last year.

3- Is there any plan to add support for text formatting (bold, italics, quotes, etc) or images?

4- Is this the only mod that would allow you to post in wordpress and automatically post the same thing in your phpbb3 forums?

Thanks for anyone with answers.
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

Webbstre wrote:I just installed this mod on my forums, and have a few questions.

1- I managed to get this mod to work, post properly in the right forum, but nothing I change seems to edit the user it is posting under. If I click a username the number on the end should be the number I put in for the lastrss_ap_bot_id field, right? I changed it to several different numbers, but none of them worked. Does anyone know what I should do?

2- Is this mod still being worked on? It looks like the first post in this thread was made in March of last year.

3- Is there any plan to add support for text formatting (bold, italics, quotes, etc) or images?

4- Is this the only mod that would allow you to post in wordpress and automatically post the same thing in your phpbb3 forums?

Thanks for anyone with answers.
1, yes, that's the number and it should work. Do you clear your cache after doing so?

2, yes, he's just been busy

3, Yes, images I know he said he has planned support for

4, Doubt it
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
shedman1

Can this be used on PHP 4 ?

Post by shedman1 »

Hello, My server runs PHP 4 can this be used? Has anyone tried it.
Thanks in advance :D
kopacko

Post by kopacko »

kopacko wrote:Hello,
I am trying to increase the topic/post title length to 128 from 60/64. I have it setup and working on the site but this mod seems to disregard that. Can anyone tell me where to make the changes to increase the title/subject length?
Anyone able to figure this out?
PrattP

Post by PrattP »

PrattP wrote:Anything further on the topic_status cannot be null issue Smix?

I can't understand why it's happening, everything was working fine, and it just happens now. Even when I deleted and reinstalled everything. :cry:
This unfortunately is still happening...
jkun666

Post by jkun666 »

So I installed this mod perfectly. The database is correct and everything seems okay.

but how do I turn my feed on? i dont know where to go to edit the feed url and which forum to post it in?

any help would be awesome , cheers

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”