[ABD]Donation MOD with PayPal IPN Ver 1.0.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
tech4250

Re: [Beta]Donation MOD with PayPal IPN Ver 1.0.4

Post by tech4250 »

nope that didnt work. anything else i could try? and also my index_body.html is not exactly the same as what you have either
achievehigh.org

Post by achievehigh.org »

sandodo wrote:achievehigh.org :

hmm, I checked your website, there is no donor list section displayed. I guess that is what you mean instead of donors not displayed in donors section.

to verify whether the donors can be displayed correclty, try to view http://www.tvseriesmusic.com/forum/lwdonors.php from your browser directly.

. . .

to view your transaction records, you can go to phpmyadmin, then choose phpbb_account_hist table.

Sandodo, thanks for your reply.

Do you see the line about donation right above the AJAX chatbox? I believed I showed you this line before, but I'll paste it again here.
Last 10 Donors
[For: Support you better; View Current Donors] We have no donors yet.
You see it shows "We have no donors yet?" That is what I mean. It shows no donor, but someone already donated. That line should show "We have 1 donor" instead.

sandodo wrote:And I guess it can also be that you didnot enable donation mod so that it is not displayed. or you forget to install the changes for index page? open the installation file in text pad or notepad so that you can view it properly.
No, I already followed all the steps of your mod. If I did not do the index page then that line in the quote above would not have shown on the forum index page. Why does it show no donors?
sandodo

Post by sandodo »

tech4250 wrote:nope that didnt work. anything else i could try? and also my index_body.html is not exactly the same as what you have either
the template file index_body.html is what I got from the link you provided: http://www.stsoftware.biz/files/phpbb3/acidtech.zip

did you provide a wrong address?
My site - based on PHPBB
http://www.singapurate.com
sandodo

Post by sandodo »

achievehigh.org wrote:Sandodo, thanks for your reply.

Do you see the line about donation right above the AJAX chatbox? I believed I showed you this line before, but I'll paste it again here.
Last 10 Donors
[For: Support you better; View Current Donors] We have no donors yet.
You see it shows "We have no donors yet?" That is what I mean. It shows no donor, but someone already donated. That line should show "We have 1 donor" instead.

sandodo wrote:And I guess it can also be that you didnot enable donation mod so that it is not displayed. or you forget to install the changes for index page? open the installation file in text pad or notepad so that you can view it properly.
No, I already followed all the steps of your mod. If I did not do the index page then that line in the quote above would not have shown on the forum index page. Why does it show no donors?
hmm, can do following things to verify?
1. please give me a test account so that I can view your lwdonors.php
2. can you try to manually insert a donation record directly via ACP and see whether it will be added to donors list?
3. as I asked in my previous reply, can show me what is the record inside phpbb_account_hist table? it can be screen shot or text.

since it is possible issue with the PayPal notify, I am not sure whether I have required you to do, but you can check my FAQ at http://bbs.loewen.com.sg/viewtopic.php?t=570 for more detailes before I get the information for the above 3 things
My site - based on PHPBB
http://www.singapurate.com
ellie2182

Post by ellie2182 »

hello, first i'd like to say what a great mod this is, thank you!

Basically im not using this for donations as such.

I have edited my language files, so my members are actually upgrading their membership.

i.e in the donation amount box, they would put the price of the upgrade.

Anyway, i dont want to list the members who have upgraded their membership on the index page.

Is there a way (other than the paypal email) to list the members who have paid in the admin panel? or perhaps in the staff area, which is hidden from other members?

Also one last question, currently you can add to two groups once their payment has been completed. Is it possible to add a 3rd option in the mod settings? Its just i have 3 membership options and 3 groups they would be placed in

Many thanks for reading and i look forward to someone who can help me x
tech4250

Post by tech4250 »

sandodo wrote:
tech4250 wrote:nope that didnt work. anything else i could try? and also my index_body.html is not exactly the same as what you have either
the template file index_body.html is what I got from the link you provided: http://www.stsoftware.biz/files/phpbb3/acidtech.zip

did you provide a wrong address?

nvm just was looking in the wrong file haha.. but i put everything where it was supposed to go, purged the cache of the board, and eve deleted all my cookies and it still doesn't show up... any ideas?
ellie2182

Post by ellie2182 »

ok, i done a test run, decided not go ahead and change too much like my above post said.

I completed the test payment at paypal. Got the emails etc, which is all good. BUT... the user did not automatically get entered into the user group.

I tried this manually adding via the acp, and it worked, put them in the user group!

Do you know why after completing payment and returning to the forum, the user was not put into the correct group?

many thanks x
girlintrouble

Post by girlintrouble »

Any plans to make this mod work with 3.0.2?
webby1958

Post by webby1958 »

I would also be very interested in a PayPal mod for the latest version of PhpBB3.0.2.

Does it have a graphical meter displaying current donations and the donation goal? SMF has a simple but nice version that I was using until I transferred to PhpBB.

In the meantime I have to use the generic paypal link/buttom with out feedback or recognition to the donor.
Anything I can do to encourage this mod let me know.

Webby
arcangel845

Post by arcangel845 »

Doesn't this version work with phpbb3.0.1+? Anyways hi there I'm new to the whole having your own forum thing. I've already installed one mod but I can't install this one because the install.xml that came with this mod seems to be incomplete? Please someone tell me that there is a complete version of the install.xml somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help.
rwap01

Post by rwap01 »

arcangel845 wrote:Doesn't this version work with phpbb3.0.1+? Anyways hi there I'm new to the whole having your own forum thing. I've already installed one mod but I can't install this one because the install.xml that came with this mod seems to be incomplete? Please someone tell me that there is a complete version of the install.xml somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help.
I installed it on my forum using the supplied .xml mod - my forum is 3.0.1, so I am not too sure why you think the .xml file is incomplete. Some more guidance as to what has happened may assist.
girlintrouble

Post by girlintrouble »

Hey guys - just installing this mod - having a problem understanding the instructions...

This mod has some instructions:

partial -

Open: styles/prosilver/template/index_body.html

Code: Select all

Yes nothing in box :?

Add before:

Code: Select all

{L_LW_LAST_DONORS}
	{LW_LAST_DONORS} 

Where am I meant to put it?

Last bit doesnt help either:
Open: styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html
Find

Code: Select All

{L_FAQ}

Add before

Code: Select All

{L_DONATE}

Well I dont have this in my style. Any ideas? My style is based on prosilver, so Id hope it was there :?

EDIT> OK Well I sorted the above problem quite a few days ago but havent got a donate button, so I guess I need some assistance with the style changes. I posted on your site too.
DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo »

My mods have restricted access to my admin control panel and one of them has just pointed out that they can access the settings for the donation mod and that they could change the paypal address if they wished.

Isn't this a security issue and that this mod should actually be permission based?
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

DJ Skitzo wrote:My mods have restricted access to my admin control panel and one of them has just pointed out that they can access the settings for the donation mod and that they could change the paypal address if they wished.

Isn't this a security issue and that this mod should actually be permission based?
Actually the address is only one part of the setup

The Pay Pal code is set individually for each account and the address submitted must match the code that is connected with that account or you get an error
Bruno36
Name: bruno astie

Post by Bruno36 »

Good morning

Form me back on the page http://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr ?????
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak french
Bruno36

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”