[ABD] Mass email HTML V 0.6.3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
BiggDawgg

Re: [ALPHA] Mass email HTML V 0.6.3

Post by BiggDawgg » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:50 pm

Here is a copy of the error I got today when I sent an email to just over 100 members.

Code: Select all

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

MySQL server has gone away [2006]

SQL

SELECT group_name, group_type FROM phpbb_groups WHERE group_id = 16

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_user.php
LINE: 3445
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_email_html.php
LINE: 279
CALL: get_group_name()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_email_html->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 76
CALL: p_master->load_active()

BiggDawgg

Post by BiggDawgg » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:08 am

Ok, I am now sure these errors have something to do with this last update. I just switched my mod version back to version 0.6.2 and it works fine ... no errors. When I update to version 0.6.3 I get an error every time I send an email.

The update did only change 2 files correct? or did I miss something?

FNolan

Post by FNolan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:15 pm

I'm using one of your older versions and was wondering if I upgrade to the newest will I loose my old newsletters ? And do I need to re-edit all the same files I did when I originally installed it ?

It's a great MOD and I use it all the time, thanks for working on it :D

ksar

Post by ksar » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:44 pm

FNolan wrote:I'm using one of your older versions and was wondering if I upgrade to the newest will I loose my old newsletters ? And do I need to re-edit all the same files I did when I originally installed it ?

It's a great MOD and I use it all the time, thanks for working on it :D
No it will not loose your newsletters.

For the update depending on wich version you are currently using!

@++
mail to post mod : A new mod, to "replace" the mail2form mod that is not working in phpbb3 (it will be more simple at the beging). Estimated Release Date : November 2010
Invitation mod : Translate to English my mod and update.
Tranlate mod : update of the mod and at the possibility for users to write message in any language
email html: Add template feature

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:25 am

Just what I was looking for.
Thanks for sharing :)

FNolan

Post by FNolan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:55 pm

ksar wrote:No it will not loose your newsletters.

For the update depending on wich version you are currently using!

@++
That's good to know :D Not sure what version I'm using, how can you tell ? I think it's 0.5.1 but not positive. :?

mafiaman

Post by mafiaman » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:42 pm

Hey Ksar, can you help me with this error code?

Fatal error: Call to undefined method messenger::set_mail_html() in /data/17/1/159/93/1648582/user/1777516/htdocs/atlanta-smas/includes/acp/acp_email_html.php on line 261

mafiaman

Post by mafiaman » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Here is line 261, I think

$messenger->set_mail_html(true);

robra

Post by robra » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi.

I installed this MOD and it is working very well but I would like to know how can I add more informations, like the register date, the online icon or the offline icon, the MP icon and the email icon, together with the user name in right corner when I click on the message Title in the newsletter page, exactly like is displayed when we are reading an Topic.

Thank you.

P.S.: I'm using the portuguese language for the TinyMCE V3 but in text box footer has the words counter with the text "words :". To translate it to portuguese, I opened the file editor_plugin_src.js and the file editor_plugin.js in the folder tiny_mce/plugins/wordcount and I did:
1- On file editor_plugin_src.js I replaced

ed.getLang('wordcount.words', 'Words: ')
To

ed.getLang('wordcount.words', 'Palavras: ')
2- On file editor_plugin.js I replaced

f.getLang("wordcount.words","Words: ")
To

f.getLang("wordcount.words","Palavras: ")

robra

Post by robra » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:38 pm

BiggDawgg wrote:Here is a copy of the error I got today when I sent an email to just over 100 members.
Hi, BiggDawgg.

Well... when I went to translate the email_html.php file in the "language/en/acp" folder, then, I saw in the 'ACP_MASS_EMAIL_EXPLAIN' that "...The default setting is to only include 50 recipients in such an e-mail, for more recipients more e-mails will be sent...".

But you can try to change to unlimited.
Open the acp_email_html.php file, in the "includes\acp" folder and:
Find:

// Send with BCC, no more than 50 recipients for one mail (to not exceed the limit)
                        $max_chunk_size = 50; 
Replace to:

// Send with BCC, no more than 50 recipients for one mail (to not exceed the limit)
                        $max_chunk_size = 0; 
I don't know if only this replacement is enought to send mass email for recipients unlimited.
Please, try it and tell us if it worked or not. Okay ?

Thank you. ;)

robra

Post by robra » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:09 pm

The newsletter page, from newsletter.php, is for the users see the mass email like newsletter.
The Administrator can see mass email list by "Manage Email HTML" option clicking on the subject of the email sent, on the list.
One suggestion is to create 1 new link called "NEWSLETTER" in the principal page of your Forum pointing to newsletter.php.
On FORUM tab, click on the Manage foruns link and on the end of the page type "NEWSLETTER" and click on the "Create new forum" button. On "Forum type", select the "Link" option and type on "Forum link :" the address of your newsletter page.
Then, the newsletter page would be like a scrapbook to users.

Bye. ;)
Last edited by robra on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:54 am

Hi Ksar,

I back again...I am using the updated version of this mod and its has been working fine since I installed it in Beginning of Jan 2011. Now I tried to send a HTML mass email to "All users". I clicked the "Send Email" button and after about 3 minutes of loading it showed a list of errors. The error shown are:

USERNAME	USER IP	TIME	ACTION	MARK
admin	110.175.10.65	Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:23 am	E-mail error
» EMAIL/PHP/mail()
/adm/index.php
In the Error log, it had the above error for 4 pages and the last error in the 4th page had:

admin	115.184.240.184	Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:24 pm	The Contact Board Administration mod bot has an invalid user id selected:
User ID
Now I am not sure what happened and what caused it but some of the members received their emails though. But I have the following questions:

1) What caused the error
2) Since some members had received their emails, does it mean all of them would have got the email succesfully?
3) If not, how do I find out which usernames didnt receive the email?

Also, regarding the mod usage: I use this mod almost everyday to send email and I never had this error. But, I have been only sending emails to selected members by choosing the "Members" option. But this time, I sent the email to "All Users". however, i did not have any problems when i sent an email to "all users' last month using the same version of this mod.

So can you please help me out..

Cheers

robra

Post by robra » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:03 pm

accn wrote: In the Error log, it had the above error for 4 pages and the last error in the 4th page had:

admin	115.184.240.184	Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:24 pm	The Contact Board Administration mod bot has an invalid user id selected:
User ID
Hi, acnn.

It is very strange.... because the message error above about "The Contact Board Administration mod" refer the Contact Board Administration MOD and not the "Mass email HTML V 0.6.3" MOD.
It seems that in your "Contact Board Administration" tab, on ACP, is selected an invalid user in the "Contact bot user" option. Then, when someone tries to contact the administrator through the contact form in the "Contact Board Admin" page, the message error occurs.

I guess is this. ;)

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi Robra,

I think you are right...now looking at the errors again, I understand that the last error is not part of the error that occured when I had sent the HTML mass email. I just noticed the date that this error was actually dated Jan 17 (i actually didint notice this date yesterday...so simple, yet missed). So this clears the last error...

However, the other errors all occurred yesterday while trying to send the email. Do you what might have caused this?

USERNAME   USER IP   TIME   ACTION   MARK
admin   110.175.10.65   Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:23 am   E-mail error
» EMAIL/PHP/mail()
/adm/index.php
Cheers

robra

Post by robra » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:20 pm

accn wrote:However, the other errors all occurred yesterday while trying to send the email. Do you what might have caused this?

USERNAME   USER IP   TIME   ACTION   MARK
admin   110.175.10.65   Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:23 am   E-mail error
» EMAIL/PHP/mail()
/adm/index.php
Cheers
Hi.

Seems that the Yukan user had the same problem that you.
Look on the pag 35, in this Forum or click on this link http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &start=510.

Bye. ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”