[ABD] Mass email HTML V 0.6.3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
gwolf2u

Re: [BETA] Mass email HTML

Post by gwolf2u »

1 question!
does it work for phpbb 3.01
shantoo

Post by shantoo »

gwolf2u wrote:1 question!
does it work for phpbb 3.01
well some say yes, but here doesnt work
CocoVFR

Post by CocoVFR »

So, i'm on 3.0.1, and it's work...But if yo only send a mail to one member only, else there the same error than under the standard mass mail function.
ksar

Post by ksar »

I vould like to clarify some points:

1°) Yes it work for phpBB 3.0.1.
2°) Of course it's work for hudge forums (tested with 30k users).
3°) It takes the SAME function as STANDARD MASS EMAIL. So if your forum is not configured in a good way, OF COURSE it will NOT WORK. YOU HAVE FIRST TO CONFIGURE THE MAIL FUNCTION IN A GOOD WAY.
4°) For now you can not have some templates for the mass emails.
5°) There's always a lot of problems with *@hotmail.* or *@live.* because of Microsoft certification (Sender-id). So if you whant to send some email to *@hotmail.* or *@live.* your domain name has to be SENDER-ID CERTIFIED (more information on this point HERE

Bye
Last edited by ksar on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mail to post mod : A new mod, to "replace" the mail2form mod that is not working in phpbb3 (it will be more simple at the beging). Estimated Release Date : November 2010
Invitation mod : Translate to English my mod and update.
Tranlate mod : update of the mod and at the possibility for users to write message in any language
email html: Add template feature
gwolf2u

Post by gwolf2u »

so is this working only for prosilver style?
ksar

Post by ksar »

gwolf2u wrote:so is this working only for prosilver style?
For now yes.

But you can adjust it for other styles.

@+
mail to post mod : A new mod, to "replace" the mail2form mod that is not working in phpbb3 (it will be more simple at the beging). Estimated Release Date : November 2010
Tranlate mod : update of the mod and at the possibility for users to write message in any language
gwolf2u

Post by gwolf2u »

ok for the files that I have to edit I know what I have to do but there is a file newsletter_body under styles\prosilver\template that I have to put on the same folder on my phpBB forum. So this is where I need some help. Since you said it works for all styles, do I need to put this file on my style folder\template aswell or just on the prosilver style? Hope you understand my question and thanks!
ksar

Post by ksar »

gwolf2u wrote:ok for the files that I have to edit I know what I have to do but there is a file newsletter_body under styles\prosilver\template that I have to put on the same folder on my phpBB forum. So this is where I need some help. Since you said it works for all styles, do I need to put this file on my style folder\template aswell or just on the prosilver style? Hope you understand my question and thanks!
If you have an other style of course you have to put it under styles\your_style\template

If your style is based on prosilver normaly it will work
If your style is based on subsilver2, you have to adapte the newsletter_body.html.

@++
gwolf2u

Post by gwolf2u »

so I have an AeroBlueX style. any chance to know what to edit?
ksar

Post by ksar »

gwolf2u wrote:so I have an AeroBlueX style. any chance to know what to edit?
It's a style based on subsilver 2
You have to completly redesign the template file.

May be in the future i will do it.

@+
shantoo

Post by shantoo »

U need this configured to let the mass html email working? Caus I didnt edited this into my template..
ksar

Post by ksar »

shantoo wrote:U need this configured to let the mass html email working? Caus I didnt edited this into my template..
No need to edit some templates to send HTML emails.

The template is needed only to display the sent newsletter to the users.
If you don't use this functionality, the template is note required.

@+
shantoo

Post by shantoo »

alright, can you check my news letter stuff then? I cant send any newsletter or whatever. It doesnt works. Maybe you can help me with this issue pls.
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

Works like a charm for me. :) I love this mod.
I hope you do plan a subsilver2 template, because I cannot use the newsletter portion. I am not that good of a stylist to do it yet.
Do have a feature request. To have the capability to save a draft. That way more than one founder could use it to edit the newsletter as we get articles.
When all else fails, read the instructions
abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 »

any such mod for phpbb2 ?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”