[ABD] WAP Browser Style

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
vellatechie

Re: [RC1] WAP Browser Style

Post by vellatechie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:40 pm

i am not sure if its supposed to work this way but i got it working with primes quick reply :o

in viewtopic_body.html
ive replaced <!-- INCLUDE posting_qr_body.html -->
with : <!-- INCLUDE prime_quick_reply.html -->

and then i deletd posting_qr_body.html and copied prime_quick_reply.html and prime_quick_reply.js in template directory

i havent checked this through phone but i did try to post from my pc and it works fine :)

can someone lemme knwo if this was the correct way to go about using other quick reply :)

mahdi22

Post by mahdi22 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:53 pm

vellatechie wrote:i am not sure if its supposed to work this way but i got it working with primes quick reply :o

in viewtopic_body.html
ive replaced <!-- INCLUDE posting_qr_body.html -->
with : <!-- INCLUDE prime_quick_reply.html -->

and then i deletd posting_qr_body.html and copied prime_quick_reply.html and prime_quick_reply.js in template directory

i havent checked this through phone but i did try to post from my pc and it works fine :)

can someone lemme knwo if this was the correct way to go about using other quick reply :)
like what i did it's work fine with me
and if u just re size the box in front page to be normal when u bowers on phone

c4gamerz

Post by c4gamerz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:51 am

Its not working with SEO mod when i click a forum it redirects me to default template!
Web Designing | Script Integration | Logo Designing | Web Development | ExtensiveWeb.com

soundboy

Post by soundboy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:13 am

c4gamerz wrote:Its not working with SEO mod when i click a forum it redirects me to default template!
Does it say its compadible with seo mod? Its a different mod mate ;)
Maybe i will look through it in RC2 :? :roll:
Broadcasting World
Forum For Shoutcast Users, Online DJ's, Broadcasters And Podcasters!
Come Join!

c4gamerz

Post by c4gamerz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:26 am

Just to let you know :)

Thank You!
Web Designing | Script Integration | Logo Designing | Web Development | ExtensiveWeb.com

soundboy

Post by soundboy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:25 am

;) next version.
Broadcasting World
Forum For Shoutcast Users, Online DJ's, Broadcasters And Podcasters!
Come Join!

Xabi

Post by Xabi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:43 am

I'm afraid that this WAP Style scores very poor at ready.mobi...

http://ready.mobi/results.jsp?uri=http% ... cale=en_EN

And, in fact, it's no "WAP" at all, it's just a "minimalist" design. Still waiting for another solution for mobile phones :(
Last edited by Xabi on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xabi

Post by Xabi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:51 am

It also shows ugly in this iPhone simulator... very small fonts, not readable:

Compare it with a real WAP style for phpBB3 forums (a commercial mod), 5/5 at ready.mobi:

vellatechie

Post by vellatechie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:23 pm

Xabi wrote:I'm afraid that this WAP Style scores very poor at ready.mobi...

http://ready.mobi/results.jsp?uri=http% ... cale=en_EN

And, in fact, it's no "WAP" at all, it's just a "minimalist" design. Still waiting for another solution for mobile phones :(
yeah we all knew it was just a ugly theme with fast loading time :lol: and not a proper wap site mod because of the link yoursite.com/?style=id ... its just selecting a non default theme which in this case was wap theme

although whats stupid is i compared my default theme with this wap theme on ready.mobi.com and my default theme got higher score on readiness scale :o ... although overall both were crap

NeoID

Post by NeoID » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:49 pm

@Xabi & @vellatechie
This mod is very simple, yet powerful. Just because it's basically a normally theme you can make it work with any mods available. On the other hand, when mentioning readability, you just have to edit the CSS and you'll end up with the same look as the commercial version.

I've also added wap-support to my site using the same method and it works great.

@soundboy
I think you know, but you should not use imageshack-hosted images in your final version. It takes longer time to download and it's not a good solution in case your images are not available some day... :)
Norsk Anime Forum
http://www.AnimeNord.com

vellatechie

Post by vellatechie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:18 pm

NeoID wrote:@Xabi & @vellatechie
This mod is very simple, yet powerful. Just because it's basically a normally theme you can make it work with any mods available. On the other hand, when mentioning readability, you just have to edit the CSS and you'll end up with the same look as the commercial version.

I've also added wap-support to my site using the same method and it works great.
yeah dude i know what you mean :) .. may be i wasnt clear in my last post, i do love this mod and have just finished modifying css file, it now looks child site with similar color selection :D

Trinity

Post by Trinity » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Any chance you could list what parts of the CSS file made it look similar to what was posted above?
Shop smart, shop S-mart.

vellatechie

Post by vellatechie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:52 pm

Trinity wrote:Any chance you could list what parts of the CSS file made it look similar to what was posted above?
i opened css files of wap theme and the theme i am using in same php editor and replaced all image codes of wap theme with my original theme.. this might not work perfectly but if you tweak borders color code (in my case those were similar to background color so looked crap) and some other settings you will get a perfect stripped down theme... sorry to disappoint if you were expecting something new but comparing both css worked fine for me :lol:

northward

Post by northward » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:39 pm

Xabi wrote:Compare it with a real WAP style for phpBB3 forums (a commercial mod), 5/5 at ready.mobi:
Can you point me toward where you found that style?

neps

Re: [ABD] WAP Browser Style

Post by neps » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:19 pm

If you want to make it look better for the iPhone you need to add a viewpoint meta to the header.

see it in action here: http://knightrideronline.com/forum/?style=3

Code: Select all

<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0; user-scalable=no; maximum-scale=1.0; minimum-scale=1.0" /> 
I'm having trouble logging into my board to post - but I'm sure it's something I did.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”