[ABD] WAP Browser Style

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
HMaster

Re: [RC1] WAP Browser Style

Post by HMaster » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:42 pm

soundboy wrote:
YirmeYah wrote:my message was not posted using quick reply while using opera browser. Using my phone browser I cannot post in the quick reply because the submit button is not visible. What's wrong? Help pls.
Do you have Evil <3's quick reply mod installed?
Is this mod needed when I just want to use normal reply on my forum in WAP mode?
Because I just would like to read the topics on my phone and reply in normal way.

Trinity

Post by Trinity » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Any idea how to make auto-detection work with this? In other words, how can you make it so that it will detect if you are using a mobile browser, then use the WAP template?
Shop smart, shop S-mart.

MultiMatt

Post by MultiMatt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:02 pm

Trinity wrote:Any idea how to make auto-detection work with this? In other words, how can you make it so that it will detect if you are using a mobile browser, then use the WAP template?
Check out the previous pages - you'll see this is a feature that will be added later. We asked Soundboy to skip that for now, in favor of getting an initial release posted. It WILL be handy to have, indeed! :D

Trinity

Post by Trinity » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:21 pm

MultiMatt wrote:
Trinity wrote:Any idea how to make auto-detection work with this? In other words, how can you make it so that it will detect if you are using a mobile browser, then use the WAP template?
Check out the previous pages - you'll see this is a feature that will be added later. We asked Soundboy to skip that for now, in favor of getting an initial release posted. It WILL be handy to have, indeed! :D
Thanks for the update. From what I can tell this MOD is amazing. Really wonderful.
Shop smart, shop S-mart.

vellatechie

Post by vellatechie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:57 pm

wow... just what i need for my forum :D

since this is RC i guess its stable enough to use on live forum.. right??

TimeZone

Post by TimeZone » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:38 am

This mod is so great!

TZ

YirmeYah

Post by YirmeYah » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:07 am

soundboy wrote:
I have installed it but I found out that it is not installed correctly. I have already fixed it. I've found out why I can't see the submit button using my phone browser is because of this:

Code: Select all

<input type="submit" name="post" tabindex="5" value="{L_SUBMIT}" class="btnmain" accesskey="s" />
I just changed it to "class="button1" and is now visible!

Thank you very much for this amazing stuff! Looking forward for a much better mod in the future
YRMYH 6:16

soundboy

Post by soundboy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:16 am

MultiMatt wrote:Soundboy,
I truly appreciate your work on this! THANK YOU! I will donate to you once I get back from holiday (and have a fresh paycheck!).

A few questions/comments:
  • I think the install instructions in your read me file could use a little more clarity, particularly for the less-proficient forum owners out there! I ended up figuring it out, but it wasn't quite as intuitive as you might think it is, you advanced person, you! :)
    I imagine part of that has to do with the fact that your workload is heavy and you were simply trying to get this thing posted for us! If you'd like me to help write up something more descriptive, I'll gladly do that and shoot it to you for inclusion in the readme file.
  • I was trying to modify the header so I could have an image of the title of my forum (instead of Wap Version 10) at the top as well as the name of the forum in the page title (so it would save as Windows Mobile Louisville, not My Wap Style when someone adds it to their favorites). I did the edits to the overall_header.html file, but it they did not take. Is there another file I have to edit for that? (see, I am getting into dangerous territory here! I know just enough to cause myself trouble!) :P
Thanks!
Matt
Thanks for the suggestions. I have a weekend, might be busy cause of causes i wont say but i might get RC2 out very soon. Thanks for your offer but i have the new install file (actual file, not txt) under way. And the header is an image file... find: http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/8964/mob1sz9.gif and replace it with your image url (dont make it big ;)
vellatechie wrote:wow... just what i need for my forum :D

since this is RC i guess its stable enough to use on live forum.. right??
Sure, nothing can be wrong with it running on a live forum. It doesnt cause any problems or will effect anything. So.. yes, you can run it in a live enviroment! :)
YirmeYah wrote:
soundboy wrote:
I have installed it but I found out that it is not installed correctly. I have already fixed it. I've found out why I can't see the submit button using my phone browser is because of this:

Code: Select all

<input type="submit" name="post" tabindex="5" value="{L_SUBMIT}" class="btnmain" accesskey="s" />
I just changed it to "class="button1" and is now visible!

Thank you very much for this amazing stuff! Looking forward for a much better mod in the future
Another thing i will change in RC2, thankyou very very much :)
Broadcasting World
Forum For Shoutcast Users, Online DJ's, Broadcasters And Podcasters!
Come Join!

vellatechie

Post by vellatechie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:18 pm

fcuk.. i use primes quick reply in my forum... when can we expect RC2 and support for other quick reply

danielnguyen

Post by danielnguyen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:41 pm

Great mod! Thanks
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

MultiMatt

Post by MultiMatt » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:57 pm

soundboy wrote:...the header is an image file... find: http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/8964/mob1sz9.gif and replace it with your image url (dont make it big) ;)
I already did that, and I also edited the title in the Overall_Header.html file to read <title>Windows Mobile Louisville</title>, yet the image is still the Wap Version 10 image and the title of the forum still says My Wap Style!
To be sure I wasn't missing something in another file, I used File and Text Finder and searched the entire template folder, and (as I suspected), the Overall_Header file is the only one I needed to edit.
Puzzled as to why the changes aren't taking! I even deleted the file out on the server and re-uploaded my edited one, and still no go! If I check the file locally on my PC, the edits appear just fine.
I am doing something wrong, but can't figure out what! :roll:

MultiMatt

Post by MultiMatt » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:00 pm

FOUND IT!
You have to REFRESH the Theme in the ACP after making edits! DUH!!!

:oops:

Matt

soundboy

Post by soundboy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:22 am

vellatechie wrote:fcuk.. i use primes quick reply in my forum... when can we expect RC2 and support for other quick reply
There will be no quick reply in the next version.. but there will be support to add all the quick replys.
Broadcasting World
Come Join!

mahdi22

Post by mahdi22 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:41 pm

any one he want to add his quick replay its easy

just open u file on front page re size the box and copy all the code and put it in posting_qr_body.html that is

it easy

or u can wait mr. Soundboy

<MmS>

soundboy

Post by soundboy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:52 pm

Ok, i dont have much time but pm me which quick reply you have and i will reply asap ;)
Broadcasting World
Come Join!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”