[ABD] PBWoW 2 for phpBB 3.0.12 (WoW & Diablo)

Any abandoned 3.0.x Styles will be moved to this forum.
jagaholic

Re: [Release] PBWoW 2 for phpBB 3.0.12 (WoW & Diablo)

Post by jagaholic »

looks great. I signed up to download, how long is the wait on the forum?
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

There is no wait. We're just having some trouble with the host. Cannot send e-mails (at all), so account activation is manual for now ;).
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Got another one:

Battlecry (demo: http://pbwow.com/forum/index.php?style=9)
Last edited by PayBas on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
jgoldsack

Post by jgoldsack »

I am unable to get your site to load, on either of my computers or wireless devices... I have been using an older version of your site for years (literally, 5 years at least), and would love to be able to upgrade...
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

jgoldsack wrote:I am unable to get your site to load, on either of my computers or wireless devices... I have been using an older version of your site for years (literally, 5 years at least), and would love to be able to upgrade...
What do you mean? Do you get HTTP/PHP errors? Or does your browser simply say "cannot reach server"?

What browser are you using? Where are you from? I know my host has some stability issues, but it should never be more than a few minutes. If you cannot reach my website for hours/days, perhaps something else is going on. Maybe I have been blacklisted somewhere :lol:
jgoldsack

Post by jgoldsack »

PayBas wrote:
jgoldsack wrote:I am unable to get your site to load, on either of my computers or wireless devices... I have been using an older version of your site for years (literally, 5 years at least), and would love to be able to upgrade...
What do you mean? Do you get HTTP/PHP errors? Or does your browser simply say "cannot reach server"?

What browser are you using? Where are you from? I know my host has some stability issues, but it should never be more than a few minutes. If you cannot reach my website for hours/days, perhaps something else is going on. Maybe I have been blacklisted somewhere :lol:

It says "cannot connect to server"... I like in the dallas area (texas). tried it in all my browsers (IE, FF, Chrome), even on my wireless devices... all same "cannot connect". Both at home (where I have UVerse) and at work... always same result.

Now a friend of mine who live in canada was able to get to it just fine and the downloaded all the stuff for me so I was able to upgrade... but I still can't get to it :(

I used to be able to a couple years ago.
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

That's really really weird. Because it's available just fine from everywhere else:

http://www.watchmouse.com/en/checkit.ph ... =pbwow.com

I'm at a loss
jgoldsack

Post by jgoldsack »

PayBas wrote:That's really really weird. Because it's available just fine from everywhere else:

http://www.watchmouse.com/en/checkit.ph ... =pbwow.com

I'm at a loss

You and me both.

Regardless, I love the new theme. The only thing I could suggest, and I don't know if it is possible, is to make the logo (where the official WoW logo is) be configurable, so I could easily change the logo if I wanted to...
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

jgoldsack wrote:The only thing I could suggest, and I don't know if it is possible, is to make the logo (where the official WoW logo is) be configurable, so I could easily change the logo if I wanted to...
I've thought about that, and there are numerous issues you run into.

PBWoW already has multiple add-on (child) styles, and many of them have differing header sizes due to their background designs and video animation use. On top of that, those headers are being resized when using mobile (low-res) devices due to the semi-responsive layout. All of this makes it rather complicated to have a single logo setting looking consistently good across 6 styles (+ 6 responsive versions).

But I'm going to experiment with it nonetheless.

Also, maybe you could use proxy to reach pbwow.com. There are a few free ones, or you could just use the trial period of a premium one. If that works... we will know a bit more of what the hell's going on.
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Had a spare couple of hours.

Will be included in 2.0.7
jgoldsack

Post by jgoldsack »

You are the man. I found a free proxy and it works fine, so I think it is something with Uverse...
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Update 2.0.7 available now
BandsInCanada

Post by BandsInCanada »

hey guys just did a fresh install. was fine only one big problem... for some reason its only showing the first foum i have. but no others. any ideas why?
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

BandsInCanada wrote:hey guys just did a fresh install. was fine only one big problem... for some reason its only showing the first foum i have. but no others. any ideas why?
If this is a PBWoW 2 specific problem, I suggest you post it on the pbwow.com forums, since there is a dedicated support section there.

If your problem appears in other styles (like proSilver) too, then it's probably a permission thingy.
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

To get in the holiday spirit:

Xmas (demo: http://pbwow.com/forum/index.php?style=11)

Image Image Image Image

Visit the demo page to see the animations (need full-HD monitor to see everything)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned Styles”