[ABD] Dark Dream style

Any abandoned 3.0.x Styles will be moved to this forum.
MattiEsport

[ABD] Dark Dream style

Post by MattiEsport » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:57 am

This style has been marked as abandoned. The style is outdated. If the style author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Styles Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Im making a new free style for phpbb3 forums and i want to know your opinions about my work.
Demo is here
I need to make icons and it will be done :)
My forum www.stylesbb.dl.pl here you can get FREE PHPBB3 and PHPBB styles !

Eldryn

Re: [Demo] Dark Dream style

Post by Eldryn » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:36 am

Sorry, but why exactly is everyone (except one I've seen so far) making boring old php2 styles?
I thought with phpbb3 we finally would get real new generation rounded styles... but 99% of the styles released so far just look like those old ugly php2 themes. But maybe that's just me.
And by the way. It has a reason for the phpbb team to move the poster name and avatar to the right. Because that's the only right place for it. (The human eye always looks at top left at first, so you don't need useless stuff like an avatar on that important place but the CONTENT of the post).

MattiEsport

Post by MattiEsport » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:03 am

I think not all people want phpbb3 styles as the prosilver. I like phpbb2 styles.

Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Post by Arty » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:24 am

Eldryn wrote:Sorry, but why exactly is everyone (except one I've seen so far) making boring old php2 styles?
I thought with phpbb3 we finally would get real new generation rounded styles... but 99% of the styles released so far just look like those old ugly php2 themes.
There are quite a lot of problems with proSilver caused by browser bugs. Not sure about other designers, but for me that's the main reason why I'm not releasing any proSilver based styles until phpBB 3 final is released.
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework

ChaosBurnt

Post by ChaosBurnt » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:46 pm

Eldryn wrote:Sorry, but why exactly is everyone (except one I've seen so far) making boring old php2 styles?
I thought with phpbb3 we finally would get real new generation rounded styles... but 99% of the styles released so far just look like those old ugly php2 themes. But maybe that's just me.
And by the way. It has a reason for the phpbb team to move the poster name and avatar to the right. Because that's the only right place for it. (The human eye always looks at top left at first, so you don't need useless stuff like an avatar on that important place but the CONTENT of the post).

I've made a few based on prosilver mate and in truth they were really stressful to make, getting graphics to work as tiling backgrounds in all directions may seem easy but getting them to look nice at the same time is a whole different story. Prosilver based styles are seriously hard work and until phpBB3 goes gold I don't think many people are willing to put the effort in. We're going to need to mod' any and all styles we create when phpBB3 does go gold, considering it is still really in trials it's pretty cool there's those of us out here making any styles as yet. ;)
How can you say phpBB2 styles are ugly, what a funny thing to say. :o
For everyone's information, the templates I provided are back under the copyright property of the original designer, EidolonHades.

MattiEsport

Post by MattiEsport » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:00 pm

Okay guys :P
Maybe we can talk about my project ? :P
What i should to change or add ?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned Styles”