[ABD] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.5 For phpBB 3.0.1

Any abandoned 3.0.x Styles will be moved to this forum.
Locked
User avatar
kenduret
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:02 am

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by kenduret » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:44 am

I'm loving the swanky look going on in my board. There is couple things I can't figure out. The first is when you are not logged in the board displays a message "This board has no forums" I'd like to change it to something like "Please register or login to view the forums"

Can't find it anywhere in the php, html or css. Any idea where that message is?

Also directly above that message I've added a table with a text message to be displayed on the index page. I'd love to have this message in the round corners style like the rest of the board and not in the header. I can probably figure this out if given enough time.

Last if anyone knows how to make my logo have the round corners as well that would be great.

Here's the board: http://kenduret.com/phpBB-3.0.0/phpBB3/index.php
Not Again!

User avatar
SwapsRulez
Registered User
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:48 am

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by SwapsRulez » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:42 pm

kenduret wrote:I'm loving the swanky look going on in my board. There is couple things I can't figure out. The first is when you are not logged in the board displays a message "This board has no forums" I'd like to change it to something like "Please register or login to view the forums"

Can't find it anywhere in the php, html or css. Any idea where that message is?

Also directly above that message I've added a table with a text message to be displayed on the index page. I'd love to have this message in the round corners style like the rest of the board and not in the header. I can probably figure this out if given enough time.

Last if anyone knows how to make my logo have the round corners as well that would be great.

Here's the board: http://kenduret.com/phpBB-3.0.0/phpBB3/index.php

I dont know about that default behaviours of the board. but i can help you about the logo :P .
Try this site for the making the rounded logo...

http://www.roundpic.com/


Cheers mate..


Regards,
Swanky

User avatar
kenduret
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:02 am

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by kenduret » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:20 pm

Round pics didn't work :cry: I tried both a jpeg and gif.
Not Again!

User avatar
urednik
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:13 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by urednik » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:24 pm

kenduret wrote:The first is when you are not logged in the board displays a message "This board has no forums" I'd like to change it to something like "Please register or login to view the forums"
[/url]
I found it in language folder, file "common.php" in line 362 for English translation.
'NO_FORUMS' => 'This board has no forums.',
Exchange in
NO_FORUMS' => 'Please register or login to view the forums',

If you use any other translation ... take good look...

User avatar
kenduret
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:02 am

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by kenduret » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:40 pm

:D I was looking in common.php and not the language common php. There is going to be users that are not tech savvy and I thought the "board has no forums" would confuse the hell out of them.

Thank you
Not Again!

User avatar
SwapsRulez
Registered User
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:48 am

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by SwapsRulez » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:51 am

kenduret wrote:Round pics didn't work :cry: I tried both a jpeg and gif.
I think you should try PNG, if that doesnt work just copy that image & paste on the background of that origional background of the back gradient effect image in the header to tweak it without using the transparency. If that also doesnt work to make the rounded corners. i've a good tut here in the youtube video, just watch if, you'll come to know that its very easy to have the rounded corners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ha8_rfkyJo

If you are unaware about the photoshop, you can easily use the Microsoft Word 2007 to make the picture rounded. Just insert the picture from the word & click on the picture, you'll get the Picture Tools format option, from there select the frame having rounded corners & Do some extra options if you need more effects or to remove the existing effects & boundaries. Best Luck. if you still not getting any luck with those, give me the image. i'll make it rounded for you. ;)
Also thanks to urednik for helping. :)

Cheers, have a nice time.


Regards,
Swanky

User avatar
urednik
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:13 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by urednik » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:58 am

Hello,
I have problems with your mode.
In Mozilla, there is OK, but in IE, there is problem:
1. if I use English language, there is only small white line in right site of forum (in gray background)
2. If I use Slowene language, there is totally mess. On right side is white box and topics are not shown correctly.

I make only modification for calendar, but it work independent from style.
LINK:
http://www.borovnica.eu/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=656

Any idea ?

User avatar
SwapsRulez
Registered User
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:48 am

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by SwapsRulez » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:22 pm

urednik wrote:Hello,
I have problems with your mode.
In Mozilla, there is OK, but in IE, there is problem:
1. if I use English language, there is only small white line in right site of forum (in gray background)
2. If I use Slowene language, there is totally mess. On right side is white box and topics are not shown correctly.

I make only modification for calendar, but it work independent from style.
LINK:
http://www.borovnica.eu/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=656

Any idea ?

I think the style you've applied there is not my style. if its my previous versions with some tweaks, then i recommend you to upgrade your style to the 1.3.As per as i know the previous styles are having too much bugs, but some bugs are fixed in 1.3 :P
If the topic is not related with my style, make the new topic & post your problem there so that u'll get the answers quickly ;)

Cheers.

User avatar
urednik
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:13 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by urednik » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:14 pm

SwapsRulez wrote:
urednik wrote:Hello,
I have problems with your mode.
In Mozilla, there is OK, but in IE, there is problem:
1. if I use English language, there is only small white line in right site of forum (in gray background)
2. If I use Slowene language, there is totally mess. On right side is white box and topics are not shown correctly.
I think the style you've applied there is not my style. if its my previous versions with some tweaks, then i recommend you to upgrade your style to the 1.3.As per as i know the previous styles are having too much bugs, but some bugs are fixed in 1.3 :P
If the topic is not related with my style, make the new topic & post your problem there so that u'll get the answers quickly ;)
Cheers.
Found problem.
It was with Calendar. I apply it in wrong position.
Now works great.

User avatar
urednik
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:13 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by urednik » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:41 pm

I wish to add some extra features:
1. Overall header with picture, which is random.
2. under the picture click buttons.

The some is in this overall header.
Any idea ?

THNX

User avatar
kenduret
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:02 am

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by kenduret » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:15 am

So there are really great email and PM icons in the forums but not in the member list or in user profiles. Is this something that could be added?
Not Again!

hawee
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:09 am

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by hawee » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:06 am

Can someone help me fix the header part of my forums

forums.gammabeta.com

you can see the header and the navigator bar clashing

User avatar
prototech
Former Team Member
Posts: 5406
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by prototech » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:31 am

hawee wrote:Can someone help me fix the header part of my forums
Try this.. in common.css, find:

Code: Select all

.navbar {
	background-color: #ebebeb;
	background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/navbar.gif");
	padding: 0 10px;
After, add:

Code: Select all

	clear: both;
Then refresh your theme in the ACP => Styles => Style Components => Themes.
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

hawee
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:09 am

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by hawee » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:53 am

nope didn't do it.....
don't understand what's is going on with the navbar it seems skewed.

hawee
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:09 am

Re: [RELEASE] Swanky's Rounded Corners Style 1.3 For PhpBB3 Gold

Post by hawee » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:15 am

which tutorial should i follow to change the header for the style??

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned Styles”