[ABD] N.Design (v3.0.0+)

Any abandoned 3.0.x Styles will be moved to this forum.
ham1299

Re: [RELEASE] N.Design (v3.0.0+)

Post by ham1299 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:31 pm

I have a quick question. Is this based off subsilver so far as the coding and file structure?
Heather

Nocek

Post by Nocek » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:26 pm

ham1299 wrote:I have a quick question. Is this based off subsilver so far as the coding and file structure?
Yes...

AkaSphynx

Post by AkaSphynx » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:31 pm

Nocek wrote:
AkaSphynx wrote:
AkaSphynx wrote:Hi,

first of all, great style! works like a charm and looks amazing :)

Now, the question :)
How would i go about to add a new button to the main menu? I'd like to add a "live chat" button directing to an already existing link "/phpbb3/chat/flashchat.php"

on my old phpbb2 avalanche theme i had this added to the overal_header.tpl:

Code: Select all
<td class="active_button"><a href="chat/flashchat.php" style="color: red;" class="tab">LiveChat</a></td>

But on this theme i'm guessing the code bit will be different, could anyone tell me which file to edit and the exact code i'd have to add?

Thanks
Ok, still looking to resolve this :) I've been trying to mess with overall_header.html, and I think i should add my button somewhere in here:
<div id="menubar">
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td class="genmed" align="center">
<a href="{U_INDEX}"> {L_INDEX}</a>
<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> <a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}"> {L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a> <a href="{U_REGISTER}"> {L_REGISTER}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
<a href="{U_FAQ}"> {L_FAQ}</a>
<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH --> <a href="{U_SEARCH}"> {L_SEARCH}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --> <a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}"> {L_MEMBERLIST}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> <a href="{U_PROFILE}"> {L_PROFILE}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
But I can't figure what exactly to add????

anyone?
Add this:

<a href="chat/flashchat.php">Chat</a>
[/size]

Just tried to add this as following:

<td class="genmed" align="center">
<a href="{U_INDEX}"> {L_INDEX}</a>
<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}"> {L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a>&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href="{U_REGISTER}"> {L_REGISTER}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href="{U_FAQ}"> {L_FAQ}</a>
<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH -->&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href="{U_SEARCH}"> {L_SEARCH}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST -->&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}"> {L_MEMBERLIST}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href="{U_PROFILE}"> {L_PROFILE}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href="chat/flashchat.php">Chat</a><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
</td>

It still doesn't show up on menu bar, (also cleared cache just to make sure) no change...any other suggestion or modification i could try?

ham1299

Post by ham1299 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Nocek wrote:
ham1299 wrote:I have a quick question. Is this based off subsilver so far as the coding and file structure?
Yes...
Ok. Thanks! :)
Heather

Cain Mx

Post by Cain Mx » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:14 pm

Hails!

Excellent Style!...

I want to know how to change the colors, i mean, make the style a little dark (Orange with black and grey).

What should i change to make it work?

Bytes!...

Nocek

Post by Nocek » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:08 am

Cain Mx wrote:Hails!

Excellent Style!...

I want to know how to change the colors, i mean, make the style a little dark (Orange with black and grey).

What should i change to make it work?

Bytes!...
All changes should be made in the css. Except for the images which you may have to modify.

JhnY

Post by JhnY » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:11 pm

Very nice design. Great!

Got one problem and that is when users posting pictures that is bigger then the site
like this:

How to fix?
Everything else is awsome :D
http://www.Tribunekultur.com

Wackelpeter

Post by Wackelpeter » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:12 pm

Very nice style!

I would like to change the hight of the pictures area showing in the header (808-110 to around 808-200) but wasn't able to find it.

Can you give me a hint?

Cheers

Dzien Dobry

Post by Dzien Dobry » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:22 pm

I was waiting to upgrade to phpBB 3.0 until I could find a light, uncluttered beautiful design. This is it. It would be very difficult for me to think of a way to improve the look. Thank you!

There is one minor thing that I would enjoy. I would like to increase the number of images in the header that appear randomly. How would I do that?

Nocek

Post by Nocek » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:53 pm

Just add as many more images as you want to the "random" directory.

Dzien Dobry

Post by Dzien Dobry » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Nocek wrote:Just add as many more images as you want to the "random" directory.
Thanks! That's brilliant. Is there any drawback to having a huge image library there?

Nocek

Post by Nocek » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:07 am

That shouldn't be a problem since it isn't linking to a bunch of images. Just linking to a php script.

FlyACL

Post by FlyACL » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:13 pm

Great style! Been using it for a while with phpbb2. One thing I can't seem to sort out is how to make the top banner link back to my main site. I have looked in the Overall_Header.html, but can't seem to find what I need to adjust like I was able to with the old version. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks~

Nocek

Post by Nocek » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:17 am

FlyACL wrote:Great style! Been using it for a while with phpbb2. One thing I can't seem to sort out is how to make the top banner link back to my main site. I have looked in the Overall_Header.html, but can't seem to find what I need to adjust like I was able to with the old version. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks~
Find the img code which will be something like random.php and around that place:

<a href="{U_INDEX}">HERE</a>

FlyACL

Post by FlyACL » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:36 am

Thanks, but that was what I have been trying to find. No where in the new overall_header.html file is there a random.php or img text, or anything I can find that is even remotely close. And I have spent hours going over it line by line. Mostly because it was so very easy in the phpbb2 version. As for the U_Index part it only shows once in that file and it is in reference to the menu bar. If I add my link there it just changes the behavior of the "Board Index" link.

Again any help would be greatly appreciated. I really to like the style and would hate to have to change to something else over something so silly. But the truth is I simply must be able to link back to the main site. Thanks~

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned Styles”